Day Trading Stocks & Futures

iwillwin

Yes you can visit places like Nainital, Almora, Kausani,Rishikesh, Mussoorie etc on the rainy season. These are commercial/Tourists places. So, you are likely to see what you will usually see in tourist places. PEOPLE.
If you head up north in to the mountains where there are not so many people then I suggest you leave it for Summer season.

The valley of flowers in the Nanda devi Biosphere region is best seen in the monsoons.
Riskyman Himalaya me part time guide the Kya....:DD

TraderRavi

low risk profile
'Bull market? No one cheering except TV anchors; 70% of NSE stocks below 200-DMA'

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...et-most-nse-stocks-below-200-dma-4127601.html

Shockingly, we have found 1,329 out of 1,849 stocks are below 200-day moving average whereas 1,096 out of 1,849 have either slipped or are trading below the equivalent level of Nifty October 2018 lows of 10,000.

Besides, 1,177 stocks out of 1,849 registered a death cross suggesting a strong bearish sentiment. This clearly points at how Sensex and Nifty paint a misleading picture of the broader market.

This is the reason why nobody in the market is cheering for the new milestones being recorded on the bourses except our TV anchors.

There is a real need to address this problem by recomposing the index. Recomposing the index would not only help represent the real economy but should also be able to present the real picture of the broader market as we can’t consistently have a situation in which handful of stocks keep hitting new highs whereas remaining 60 percent of the market keeps going down and out.

Riskyman

Shockingly, we have found 1,329 out of 1,849 stocks .......highs whereas remaining 60 percent of the market keeps going down and out.
How else can they lure new bakras into the stock market?? If they tell the truth to the general public that 60% of the market is down and out, who will invest in the market? Index management karo aur logon ko Ch****** banoa. Also, I hear several people asking "Yaar market roz upar upar jata hai par mera Mutual fund ka value neeche hai".

I go through numerous stock charts everyday and looking at them I often wonder from where Nifty gets so much juice from. Rest of the market looks dead. Obviously bhai, Kuch gad bad zaroor hai. Kuch dhamka hone wala hai!.

Edit: I have always felt that they should have an Index (not sure how to compute it) which will consider all the gains and losses of all stocks traded and reflect a wholesome picture of the market.

Edit 2: Or maybe this is a part of the "slow, painful & prolonged" correction that we've discussed many times in the past. Maybe this how it works... that the weaker ones have already started to bite the dust. Eventually, the rest of them who are bouncing and making new highs begin to correct substantially leading to a wide spread contagion. If you see some Mid caps/small caps.. they are trading well below 2008 lows. And it appears that the pain in many of them are not yet over. As I type this, my thoughts go out to all those people who entered mutual fund for the first time at high of the market an are seeing negative returns. Those who bought mid/small caps right on top. I think these people will never want to come back to the market again.

Last edited:

ncube

Shockingly, we have found 1,329 out of 1,849 stocks are below 200-day moving average whereas 1,096 out of 1,849 have either slipped or are trading below the equivalent level of Nifty October 2018 lows of 10,000.

Besides, 1,177 stocks out of 1,849 registered a death cross suggesting a strong bearish sentiment. This clearly points at how Sensex and Nifty paint a misleading picture of the broader market.

This is the reason why nobody in the market is cheering for the new milestones being recorded on the bourses except our TV anchors.

There is a real need to address this problem by recomposing the index. Recomposing the index would not only help represent the real economy but should also be able to present the real picture of the broader market as we can’t consistently have a situation in which handful of stocks keep hitting new highs whereas remaining 60 percent of the market keeps going down and out.
How else can they lure new bakras into the stock market?? If they tell the truth to the general public that 60% of the market is down and out, who will invest in the market? Index management karo aur logon ko Ch****** banoa. Also, I hear several people asking "Yaar market roz upar upar jata hai par mera Mutual fund ka value neeche hai".

I go through numerous stock charts everyday and looking at them I often wonder from where Nifty gets so much juice from. Rest of the market looks dead. Obviously bhai, Kuch gad bad zaroor hai. Kuch dhamka hone wala hai!.

Edit: I have always felt that they should have an Index (not sure how to compute it) which will consider all the gains and losses of all stocks traded and reflect a wholesome picture of the market.
This is happening from last year itself, I had posted few charts explaining this divergence. I took a pretty good hit last year by using index as a filter. Hence stopped referring to Index and started focusing on the individual stocks irrespective of index trend. I feel using market cap for index weight-age is not a good representation, if one uses equal-weight the situation becomes more clear. Best would be to have a equal weight nifty 500 to represent the general market trend.

Riskyman

@ncube Agree. Its time they do something about it. This is misleading people. One may argue that investing in the stock market is inherently risky and therefore one should do due diligence. However, a common man does not have all the tools to dissect this beast. I personally know well educated people who invest in mutual funds based on the number of "Stars" (ratings) they see on website like moneycontrol. To make it easy for the common man, SEBI/NSE can have an index which reflects the true over all trend of the market while keeping the Nifty as it is for trading in futures/options etc.

Riskyman

Latest Notice: Exclusion Of Futures And Options Contracts.

All Members,
Exclusion of Futures and Options contracts on 34 securities This is in reference with SEBI Circular Ref. No: SEBI/HO/MRD/DP/CIR/P/2018/67 dated April 11, 2018 regarding Review of Framework for Stocks in Derivatives Segment which states that after a period of one year from the date of the circular, only those stocks which meet the enhanced eligibility criteria shall remain in derivatives segment. Accordingly, members are requested to note that the contracts for new expiry months in the following securities will not be issued on expiry of existing contract months.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

mohan.sic

So If stock markets represent the state of economy, this is the real picture:D

No need for recomposing the index. Because Broader indices like Nifty100, Nifty 200 & Nifty 500 are already available to track the market broadly. But problem cannot be addressed even if we track Nifty500 i/o Nifty 50. Because even Broader Nifty indices will replicate Nifty50. This is due to our weighted average method of index calculation where the companies with higher market cap will occupy higher weightage in index. So even if we track Nifty 500, top 20 companies like RIL, HDFC, TCS, Kotak etc. will account to appx 70% + weightage.

I think we need to track Indices of Mid cap & Small Cap where Nifty constituents are not included. And these indices will give somewhat actual picture. But why TV anchors really care for all these.