Day Trading Stocks & Futures

sridhga

No no, don't say this..... India is shining like a star.... People are sleeping on mattresses stuffed with 2000 rupee notes.
It's a stunning fantastic recovery in the economy.
It's just that all the small businesses are being run by stupid people who can't make money.
In my area, I just counted 35 shops that have closed down, including some shops that were almost a decade old, during this pandemic.
But, India is shining
These people must be stupid. Dhanda karne nahi aaya.
Economy is booming, these idiots were not able to make money, despite being in business for more than a decade, for some of them.
India is booming
Parents are being denied online links to classes for their children due to non payment of fees..... Yes, indian economy is abundantly booming. Mind you, these are not government schools, 2 of them are big private schools, that charge upwards of 8000 to 11000 per month. People who used to comfortably pay these fees, are defaulting. Yes, indian economy is on a fantastic growth trajectory.

Sir,

We understand your concern and empathy. But what can traders on this forum do about this. If you have any solution please suggest.

Sir,

We understand your concern and empathy. But what can traders on this forum do about this. If you have any solution please suggest.
Maybe people should at least stop ranting about how well the economy is picking up and how business in India is back to Pre Covid levels. That's the least traders can do.

On a personal level, most of my time beyond trading, is spent coordinating with family and friends to collect funds, and using the same to make sure that I can help people. Through the NGO's I am involved with, they have provided secondhand smart phones to hundreds of kids, from families that cannot afford a smartphone, to attend online classes.
We have setup WiFi zones in big bastis with the help of telecom companies to facilitate connectivity.
I hope traders here would get involved with such activities at their city level. That's what we can do as traders here.

Sir,

Traders have to make large retirement corpus fund either by trading or by investing or combination of both. We are fortunate that by trading and investing we can create large fund.....

The retirement fund should be so much that with 50 % investing in fixed income, one should live a comfortable life...and on balance funds returns we have to re-invest to take care of future interest rate reduction and inflation.

sridhga

Maybe people should at least stop ranting about how well the economy is picking up and how business in India is back to Pre Covid levels. That's the least traders can do.

On a personal level, most of my time beyond trading, is spent coordinating with family and friends to collect funds, and using the same to make sure that I can help people. Through the NGO's I am involved with, they have provided secondhand smart phones to hundreds of kids, from families that cannot afford a smartphone, to attend online classes.
We have setup WiFi zones in big bastis with the help of telecom companies to facilitate connectivity.
I hope traders here would get involved with such activities at their city level. That's what we can do as traders here.

At least those businesses you referred to, survived for a decade or so as you mentioned. They must have survived good times and not so good times. They lost out when the whole world is in lock down which is an extremely bad time.

But, for full time traders here, even during good times in the economy, they can get wiped out even if they make very small mistakes. They are on the edge all the time. I do not think traders here are bragging. They are balanced group with a healthy debate. And, moreover, especially on this thread, people are more worried about where the Bank Nifty goes in the next 5 minutes. Where is the question of bragging? People are constantly seeking one another's help to understand the situation.
One last point is that you are assuming people here are self centered and are not helping others. I do know personally many of them and they are of the type who do their bit for the society. On another thread there was a discussion concluding that instead of losing money on trying new systems of trading, one should donate to Akshaya Patra which feeds poor children during mid-day.

Last edited:

sridhga

Going for riskier investments is not the choice. People living on fixed income and retired people will find it difficult to make the two ends meet.In Senior Citizen Saving Scheme the interest rate was 9.3 % 5 years ago, it is 7.3 % now. But the Govt pentioners get their pension increases as per inflation index. For other people, they have to build additional funds to take care of the reduction of interest rates. So in the above SCSS example, the annulal income on Rs 15 L investment was Rs 1,39,500 =00 but now they will get 1,09,500 so a shortfall of Rs 30,000 per annum.So to get the same income, one has to build additional funds of Rs 4 L in last 5 years.....so living on insufficient retirement corpus is not going to be easy.....and that is why large retirement corpus has to be built, there is no choice....

I honestly think people should also look into scaling things down during retirement. They may not need many things that they needed during their working days. This prioritization is not promoted by financial planners, fund managers etc because it is detrimental to their business. Those guys start discussion with the topic "Maintaining current lifestyle" etc. In reality many people do not and cannot save enough due to various reasons. But who is drawing the line that this much is enough?

I personally feel that one should grow up and also learn to scale down with grace.

There is an interesting story written by Mrs. Sudha Murthy "The Old Man and His God". It is available in pdf form on the internet. That is an inspiring one.

Last edited:
At least those businesses you referred to, survived for a decade or so as you mentioned. They must have survived good times and not so good times. They lost out when the whole world is in lock down which is an extremely bad time.

But, for full time traders here, even during good times in the economy, they can get wiped out even if they make very small mistakes. They are on the edge all the time. I do not think traders here are bragging. They are balanced group with a healthy debate. And, moreover, especially on this thread, people are more worried about where the Bank Nifty goes in the next 5 minutes. Where is the question of bragging? People are constantly seeking one another's help to understand the situation.
One last point is that you are assuming people here are self centered and are not helping others. I do know personally many of them and they are of the type who do their bit for the society. On another thread there was a discussion concluding that instead of losing money on trying new systems of trading, one should donate to Akshaya Patra which feeds poor children during mid-day.
You got me absolutely wrong. I never said traders here are bragging. Even if they do, I don't care. I was mentioning the way people are saying the economy is soaring and india is shining again. And how business is back to precovid levels. Ground reality is completely different. Just an example... A big school, CBSE makes us buy books and Uniforms from their own store. Roughly 14000 per year for books and Uniforms. This year, they have 3000 sets of books and Uniforms unsold. That's 3000 multiplied by 14000. Entire capital of theirs is blocked.
A similar store sells exercise books directly to schools. 5 schools to be exact. They have just 30 Percent business this year. And it's a domino effect. Footwear stores are closing, party wear stores are closing. And when people say that economy is back to Pre Covid levels, it's laughable. That's what I was talking about. I don't care if people say they make 10000 points per week. Letbthem brag. I meant the economy.

Last edited:
You got me absolutely wrong. I never said traders here are bragging. Even if they do, I don't care. I was mentioning the way people are saying the economy is soaring and india is shining again. And how business is back to precovid levels.
Sir...few people here talk everything as per their position...to misled people ...just ignore them...

Though they are very much successful, they cause big damage to their followers,.....

Indian economy started to fall since mid of July 2018..

Not just Indian economy, but whole global economy...

Sir...few people here talk everything as per their position...to misled people ...just ignore them...

Though they are very much successful, they cause big damage to their followers,.....

Anyone talking to mislead people ? Are people here kids that they will get mislead ?? Everyone has views and he is free to express it here.....no one is asking people to folow his views.......no one is misleading anyone here........dont make such statements.....

Someone was quoting about HEM, and few other stocks , while it is zooming, same stock fell so much , this guy not talked about it at all..

This is applied to maruthi and other stocks too...

Anyone talking to mislead people ? Are people here kids that they will get mislead ?? Everyone has views and he is free to express it here.....no one is asking people to folow his views.......no one is misleading anyone here........dont make such statements.....
Please dont give me instructions to me about what statement i should make at all.

I am expressing my views as like you...