Status
Not open for further replies.

hc9001

Give it FREE for 'Rest of the Year' who executes 1000 trade/Yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodha View Post
Timepass, wait and watch... .. I was not joking when I said give it for free..

Reply,
I have an idea which will not affect Zerodha's earning very much still they can beat their opponent (who introduces free trade with Rs 1947/month) & attract Scapler/High Frequency Traders.
Give it FREE for 'Rest of the Year' [Count Year, as per financial Year (1st April-31st March)] who executes 1000 TRADES within a Year.
1000 Trade = 20,000 Brokerage/Yr is good from a Client
Also 20,000 less than 1947*12=23364.
If U introduce such scheme for scalpers, it would be a Win-Win situation for Zerodha as U have undoubtedly better Customer Care.
High Frequency Traders are asset of any Brokerage House, Pls don't let them go.
As a client we always want Zerodha to keep No 1 Rank India.

Best Wishes.:)

Re: Give it FREE for 'Rest of the Year' who executes 1000 trade/Yr

Yikes !!

Max brokerage per day scheme sounds grand to me, and the trader gets charged only for the days he trades.

Hey HC9001, a scalper is a small timer. His attention span is a few seconds to a few minutes. He won't look much beyond the immediate. His calculation be be something like "By paying 100 per day, I can trade unlimited and make 20 times more than the 5000 rs. saving of ONE YEAR !!!. So what I'll do if I have 20000K + trading capital is, pay 2150 to the other guy and convert the remaining 18000 k to 1 lakh" :) :)

Hey, when zerodha arrived on the scene a year and half ago, everyone thought that this was the ultimate. Then comes the next player and the plan sounds so much more attractive (to a scalper / high frequency trader) than zerodha. But is it the ultimate ?? I am not sure, because the scalper is already thinking of the other side ("Pay 2200 in advance ?? Hey that is all my trading capital !!"). I think we will see more innovative entrepreneurs. So what keeps Zerodha ahead of the newcomers and makes them look like johnny-come-lately (or also ran) ?? Something that will benefit a high frequency trader instantly, not a month or 1000 trades later. Better if Zerodha comes up with such schemes than the next newcomer..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodha View Post
Timepass, wait and watch... .. I was not joking when I said give it for free..

Reply,
I have an idea which will not affect Zerodha's earning very much still they can beat their opponent (who introduces free trade with Rs 1947/month) & attract Scapler/High Frequency Traders.
Give it FREE for 'Rest of the Year' [Count Year, as per financial Year (1st April-31st March)] who executes 1000 TRADES within a Year.
1000 Trade = 20,000 Brokerage/Yr is good from a Client
Also 20,000 less than 1947*12=23364.
If U introduce such scheme for scalpers, it would be a Win-Win situation for Zerodha as U have undoubtedly better Customer Care.
High Frequency Traders are asset of any Brokerage House, Pls don't let them go.
As a client we always want Zerodha to keep No 1 Rank India.

A 1000 trades, eh ?? Ok, so I'll scalp USD/INR options (of rs. 200-300 per lot) @Rs. 5 per lot brokerage..

I've worked with a broker for a bit, and there's no way anyone can give you a trading terminal and customer service for free... There's so much investment to make, so many risks to take, so much effort that goes into providing a service. I mean, why would you do it for free as a broker??? I don't think you'd want to run a brokerage as a nonprofit organization.

I think Zerodha's model is the best and I can go so far as to say that it can't be beaten easily. Who wants to pay 2200 in advance? Not me. I don't even like to pay for my drinks in advance. I drink and then I pay. I feel more comfortable doing it. If I'm already high on my first couple of drinks, why should I binge??? Similarly, if I have made good money in the first couple of trades, I may not even trade again.

Rs. 20 per trade means there's no entry barrier for anyone to try their hand at trading. Even my grandmother can trade if she wants to!

columbus

Zerodha,

Small suggestion, why can't you have BUY and SELL in 2 different shapes
apart from having in 2 different colours as of now?

hc9001

Yes, Max brokerage per day scheme sounds Great to everyone.:clapping:
Let it be as next step.
I have spared that option bcoz Zerodha is only 1 & half year old.:rofl:

If they announce such yearly scheme for next Financial Year, it will not effect their earning immediately, still they can make happy their customer/scalper and beat the immediate competition from another brokerage house.
By the time, traders execute 1000+ trades @next financial year, Zerodha would grow up to 2 years with Commodity (May be MCX too) in hands & obviously more clients. Then, it'll be easy for them to sacrifice a little for scaplers too.

HC9001, your calculations are based on 1000 trades of Rs. 20 each. What if I have thousand trades of less than that. Heck, suppose I complete 1000 trades in 1-2 days by trading 1 unitech per trade. Then I make merry with everything else for rest of the year !!

I guess it comes down to high frequency & high volume players - which segment would they prefer. It is the high frequency small timers with <10000 capital which feed the less frequency high volume traders. Rs.2150pm is a brilliant scheme to satisfy both the appetites.

hc9001

I m only Nifty F&O trader , so not considered [Rs 20 or 0.01% whichever is lower] for Cash/Minifty Case, that was my fault. :eek:
Let it be simple Rs 20,000 Maximum brokerage per year [which is equivalent to 1000 trades in F&O Section (except Minifty)] from next financial year.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.