Status
Not open for further replies.

sach007

Impatient Trader
hmm.... lower than the present rates, no plans as such... But we might introduce something for clients who do 1 or 2 lots at a time kind of trades...

Cheers...
I was thinking of opening a account with Zerodha... but presently my trades are only 1 to 2 lots of Nifty options or NF or BNF so , from this I come to know that there are high transaction charges for people doing less volume.

May I know what will split up of charges on a 1 lot of nifty option costing Rs5000 premium... buy and sell... I mean total charges for one lot of Nifty option , Nifty future and BNF ... with one example. This will be helpful for me to compare with my present broker... charging me 40+40 for FNO per lot.

Regards
Sachin

Last edited:
I m looking to open an account in Zerodha . But i came to know that they dont have office in delhi. only office is in Bangalore. Guys wont it be unsafe to open an account in new broker like zerodha that too without any local office. Present customer please comment. Why do u guys feel that ur money is safe with them. And they wont run away with ur money.

I m looking to open an account in Zerodha . But i came to know that they dont have office in delhi. only office is in Bangalore. Guys wont it be unsafe to open an account in new broker like zerodha that too without any local office. Present customer please comment. Why do u guys feel that ur money is safe with them. And they wont run away with ur money.
lol, i just opened an a/c with them i am from chennai. I am yet to trade but i can ask one similar question ?

What makes you think person having office in your hometown cannot runaway ? ;-)

Jokes apart, these people should have registered with SEBI / NSE and its not easy to run as in case of Finance companies (like a chit fund for example). Hope i am right if not correct me

Zerodha

I was thinking of opening a account with Zerodha... but presently my trades are only 1 to 2 lots of Nifty options or NF or BNF so , from this I come to know that there are high transaction charges for people doing less volume.

May I know what will split up of charges on a 1 lot of nifty future costing Rs5000 premium... buy and sell... I mean total charges for one lot of Nifty option , Nifty future and BNF ... with one example. This will be helpful for me to compare with my present broker... charging me 40+40 for FNO per lot.

Regards
Sachin
on a 1 lot of nifty future costing Rs5000 premium??? Must be a typo!!!!

But the total cost including transaction, STT and brokerage with eg:

1. If you buy and sell 1 lot of nifty futures: 129 (2.58 pnts to breakeven)
2 lots: : 214 (2.14 pnts to breakeven)

2. 1 lot of nifty options(@50) : 49(0.98 pnts to breakeven)
2 lots : 53(0.54 pnts to breakeven)

These breakevens keep reducing as your trade size keeps going up....

Cheers

Zerodha

Hi Gary,

Times are evolving, businesses have to go online, those that don't will get phased out.. The biggest places of business are www.amazon.com , www.alibaba.com and so on....The savings that can be made by staying online is immense..... Similar to how it happened in US, broking industry is due for a turnaround in the way it works... charles schwabb, zecoo, ameritrade etc got in the concept of discount broking which has changed the way how america trades...

Similarly we are trying to initiate this kind of business model in India. If you trade online, there is no need for you to pay for the office space of your broker...

As far as running away with your money is concerned... :) ... We are members of NSE ( NSE and SEBI regulates us at all point of time) .... The rules that apply to an icicidirect is the same that applies to Zerodha. There has never been an instance when a NSE member has run away with client's money in the last 15 years of its existence, because it is not possible to do so....

The people who loose money for the retail are the relationship managers, subbrokers and the research team that brokers employ..... ;)... With our business model, we have ensured that you don't encounter any of these kinds....

Cheers...

columbus

I think they must have something like FRANCHISE in some parts.I applied
I applied through their franchise at Hyderabad.

sach007

Impatient Trader
on a 1 lot of nifty future costing Rs5000 premium??? Must be a typo!!!!

But the total cost including transaction, STT and brokerage with eg:

1. If you buy and sell 1 lot of nifty futures: 129 (2.58 pnts to breakeven)
2 lots: : 214 (2.14 pnts to breakeven)

2. 1 lot of nifty options(@50) : 49(0.98 pnts to breakeven)
2 lots : 53(0.54 pnts to breakeven)

These breakevens keep reducing as your trade size keeps going up....

Cheers
Thank Q for quick reply...Yes it was typo.. I mean to say Nifty option one lot costing 5000 .. I have corrected it...

But I got some answers from you thanks.

Little question

How you consider as a trade... Suppose if I bought 1 lot NF at 10am sold at 10.30 then again bought 1 lot at 12 and sold at 2.30pm ... so how you calculate as two trades (40+40 charge) or one trade 20+20.

Zerodha

Thank Q for quick reply...Yes it was typo.. I mean to say Nifty option one lot costing 5000 .. I have corrected it...

But I got some answers from you thanks.

Little question

How you consider as a trade... Suppose if I bought 1 lot NF at 10am sold at 10.30 then again bought 1 lot at 12 and sold at 2.30pm ... so how you calculate as two trades (40+40 charge) or one trade 20+20.
For every executed order it is Rs 20 , if you buy once at 10 am , once at 12 and sold both at 2.30, you will be paying 20+20+20 : Rs 60...

Status
Not open for further replies.