Status
Not open for further replies.

columbus

Attn:SACHIN

You can contact us before you contact the NOW team, leave your number on india@zerodha ... will call you up and find any permanent fix for this....
Please clear your unnecessary mails in Private Inbox.New mails are not
reaching you.Saying ,BOX IS FULL.Thank you.

Please correct me if i am wrong,i feel its the other way around for stop-loss market.Once stop loss is triggered the order is executed at next available price instead of putting the order on hold....
honestly wish someone clarifies on this.

IMO thats a very dangerous option. As if there is even a 10 paise movt due to heavy volume, your order will not be executed, and will remain pending.

Zerodha

In Options trading, when I short an option the RMS deducts the cost of the underlying instead of calculating MTM and blocking only an appropriate amount. Is this by design or am I doing something wrong?

Gentle Reminder(s):

a) Waiting for Top-N for Options
b) Any luck on the reassignment of F1 and F2 Hotkeys?

Again, thanks for the low brokerages and excellent service. Unreal dudes!
Margin for writing options is a little tricky, we are trying very hard to put it on a spread sheet. But with us the range will be between 6k to 11k for intraday based on what strike you are writing. More for ITM options and lesser for OTM.
For overnight option writing position margins required will vary between 15k to 21k based on the strike...

a) about top N options, I think there is a very simple workaround... If you can create a market watch with all nifty option strikes and save it. In reposition columns you can add things like total traded quantity, open interest etc etc... If you click on the traded quantity column,everything will get arranged in ascending order or descending... If I am not making sense, let me know a good time, will call you back and explain how it works...

b) The hot keys, I think nothing much can be done about it.... F1 F2 it is .. . ;)...

Thanks ... Cheers....

Zerodha

Please correct me if i am wrong,i feel its the other way around for stop-loss market.Once stop loss is triggered the order is executed at next available price instead of putting the order on hold....
honestly wish someone clarifies on this.
Leave me your client id on india@zerodha, put my name in the subject and tell the best time to reach you, will call you back and give you an example... Cheers...

A HUGE thank you to Zerodha for making a bumper trading day possible! A lot of strategies that were not profitable with a per lot fee in options have suddenly become profitable with Zerodha.
hi nitsurfer

Appreciate if you could share some strategies. :)

hi nitsurfer

Appreciate if you could share some strategies. :)

az

let me try to explain, although it is not a strategy yet a calculated gamble which can pay off handsomely.

take the last day of expiry when calls and put for Nifty trades below 5 one can buy in large quantities as the market swings wildly and it can double in no time. one can make 100-150 per lot

with option trading charges anywhere between 35 to 80 rupees per lot each side it is not possible to make money

now at Rs. 20 per trade I think it is quite possible when the breakeven comes at say 10-30 paisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.