On 30th July I was carrying positions worth 150% of my margin to 31st July.
On 31st July 09:25 AM. I covered everything. I had no open positions at 09:25 AM.
But at 03:05 PM, zerodha placed a cover order on my account without checking and that trade lost me 8500 INR.
What can I do now?

On 30th July I was carrying positions worth 150% of my margin to 31st July.
On 31st July 09:25 AM. I covered everything. I had no open positions at 09:25 AM.
But at 03:05 PM, zerodha placed a cover order on my account without checking and that trade lost me 8500 INR.
What can I do now?
What are you waiting for ? Have you written to them about it ? Received an acknowledgement ?

If not, do so immediately.

If yes, you can escalate it to SEBI.

Either way, keep a complete paper trail, including your order book, contract notes, all correspondences etc.

Thank you so much for your time and reply.
I do have all the necessary documents.
How do I have take this up with SEBI?
Is there any integrity left in the judicial system or the society? (Except you offcourse)

Last edited:

lemondew

Thank you so much for your time and reply.
I do have all the necessary documents.
How do I have take this up with SEBI?
Is there any integrity left in the judicial system or the society? (Except you offcourse)
Take it up with your broker first, even before replying here. Wait for their reaction.

Thank You Friends for all your help.
Zerodha did gave me my full refund after 8 days of full day argument.
Those 8 days were hell.
I couldnt focus on anything else in those 8 days.
My life became stand still and unproductive raising my blood pressure through the roof in those 8 days everyday.
On the 7th day, they called and told me they will refund only 2500/- INR on the basis of some f*cked up logic they came up with.
Yesterday, they called and said they will issue the full refund.
The mental agony and stress of those 8 days still goes unpaid.

Thanks for helping friends

Congratulations !!

In future, make sure to lodge a written complaint (email) with the broker the first thing. Save all the screenshots (trade book/orderbook/Funds report/contract note etc.), just in case.

Also, advice the same to the other traders too, to avoid unnecessary stress.

Screw-ups happen. Recently there was a very good reply by @TradeSmartOnline

"In the world of technology if one says there'll never be an issue he is fooling himself. "

https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/trade-smart-online.76601/page-296#post-1427184