Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

So, can we take it that you will guarentee that traders in mumbai will never be charged stamp duty retrospectively, unless you open a branch here?

Also, it was your argument before that you were not able to negotiate a better rate with your clearing firm bcoz of low volumes, and that when your volume goes up you will bring it down.
In newspapers articles we can see zerodha among the top brokers in India. So, when do you plan to reduce your charges? When you reach number one? or do traders get get a benefit in the very very near future?
The broker has to pay the stamp duty and not the client. So there is no concept of a client paying anything in retrospective in case of stamp duty.

Yes we are doing alright in terms of turnover, but do note that 80% of the turnover that happens today in the markets are in options and not futures. Even at Zerodha, less than 10% of our turnover contribution comes in futures. We are hoping that the reduction in STT will push the trading volumes in future up and will give us the leeway to get this charge reduced.

The other day when gold was down 10%(2 circuits), none of our clients would have faced any issue in terms of margin or in terms of the platform. 40% of the MCX members platform was disabled and 10% of the members went out of business. What I am trying to say is that for us the focus presently is to ensure that we continue to improve on the quality of service, our platforms and everything else. Yes if futures business picks up considerably the rates will drop, but what is important for us to be able to do is to ensure that any serious market volatility doesn't affect our business at all. Hasn't happened in the last 3 years, but there hasn't been any crazy volatility also(other than the 10% movement in gold the other day). But we know that the day nifty cracks 10%, we are ready for it.

Btw, what is the scene with the markets, just when it looked like it will go make an alltime high, it has broken...

Bhai, whats the need to register a new ID for saying the same thing. There is nothing wrong in requesting for lower TCs :)

They are good professional brokers and encourage interaction on public forum so they do deserve a bit more courteous response/requests/dialogues from our end.

Happy :)
Thanks for your inputs
I don't think this is a complete answer for the above suggestion. I totally agree with Happy. There is nothing wrong in requesting [NOTE : REQUESTING] for lower Transaction Charges. And, I think there is a lot of difference between Requesting - Demanding & Suggesting - Ordering.

Regards,
Prakash.

Hello !

Can I hold a ITM currency option till expiry ? What are the brokerage & other charges

in case 1- Option held till expiry
in case 2 Option sold just before the close of day of expiry.

Btw, what is the scene with the markets, just when it looked like it will go make an alltime high, it has broken...
The market is protesting against transaction charges :D :D :rofl:

Zerodha

Hello !

Can I hold a ITM currency option till expiry ? What are the brokerage & other charges

in case 1- Option held till expiry
in case 2 Option sold just before the close of day of expiry.
Guess you must have read this already: http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/view/stt-options-nse-bse-mcx-sx

with currency ITM if you let it expire your STT doesn't go up, because there is no STT.

So if you have bought options in currency you can just let it expire as you will not have to pay brokerage also.. :( ... :)

If you sell it before closing of the market, there will be brokerage charged..

columbus

At present 4 time frames are available in ZT-charts (1,5,30, and 60).Badly we
need another Time frame 3minute in lieu of 30 or 60.

Zerodha challenge 60 trading days for those who started early must have got over......is the second round of challenge continuing for next 60 days or any predetermined date?

Smart_trade

Trader J

Zerodha challenge 60 trading days for those who started early must have got over......is the second round of challenge continuing for next 60 days or any predetermined date?

Smart_trade
Who started on 3 April, for them, 60 days will complete on 28 june.

And as Zerodha said, we can start again(Second round) for next 60 days, and it will complete in september end.

So enjoy six months brokerage free...................

Status
Not open for further replies.