Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

sir
zeroodha please tell me where can i find margins requirement to trade currency, for usd inr how much it is for one lot? in nest plus charts in the volume pannel is it no of lots or shares in case fo nifty future and currency ?
Currency margins are displayed in your back office personal ledger. You can try this link to see if it works directly from here.
In scrip volume for Nifty it shows the total number traded. For example, if it shows 90,000, it means 90000 quantity. If you want to know this in number of lots, divide it by 50.
For Currency, if it shows 1000 it means it's 1000 lots. You can't break this up. More details of currency lot sizes are given on our brokerage calculator. :)

Hi Zerodha

Can we put F&O orders during Pre-Market?

How is the "OPEN PRICE" at 09.15 determined in case of Stock Options, Index Options, Stock Futures and Index Futures. For example - Suppose an index option closes at 100 rupees and next day the open price is 120. Then how 120 is determined?

Also in what sequence AMO MARKET ORDERS are punched in by Zerodha. Suppose 10 users put in a AMO MARKET ORDER (not a limit order) for buying the above stock option. then whose market order gets executed first for the price of 120 and whose market order gets executed last?

thanks.

@Zerodha
I have a general query regarding POA.
Why do we need to give POA to the broker?
If we donot want to give POA,does it cause any problem?
Once we give POA how can we be sure that our account wont be misused or our shares from demat account wont be traded(like it happened with many ppl in 2008)?

Thanks

Zerodha

Zerodha,

want to know few things ...

1. Are you paying AMC charges to IL&FS from our trading a/c this year ? Or we have to pay separately ? whats the understanding.

2. any update regarding tie up with a tax consultancy firm ?

3. how to search ETF funds in Mobile platform ? Can you please post an example.
1. If you haven't paid the AMC to IL&FS directly, we will collect it from the trading account and pay it to them.

2. Tax consultancy, might take some time.

3. ETF in mobile, will try posting it here in a while..

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha

Can we put F&O orders during Pre-Market?

How is the "OPEN PRICE" at 09.15 determined in case of Stock Options, Index Options, Stock Futures and Index Futures. For example - Suppose an index option closes at 100 rupees and next day the open price is 120. Then how 120 is determined?

Also in what sequence AMO MARKET ORDERS are punched in by Zerodha. Suppose 10 users put in a AMO MARKET ORDER (not a limit order) for buying the above stock option. then whose market order gets executed first for the price of 120 and whose market order gets executed last?

thanks.
Open price everyday is a price discovery mechanism that happens based on demand/supply. There are arbitrageurs at play every morning to make sure if there is any mispricing it is corrected.

AMO orders are sent to the exchange at one time and not individually. So it will not be possible to say which gets executed first and which last...

Hello

It works on most of the days but on few days like today even when I am logged in to NEST Trader and its working fine, on using any Nest Plus features am getting following error message

"Configuration error please start Nest Plus"

Is there a way to only "start Nest Plus" without re-starting the NEST Trader?

Thanks

Happy :)

Zerodha

@Zerodha
I have a general query regarding POA.
Why do we need to give POA to the broker?
If we donot want to give POA,does it cause any problem?
Once we give POA how can we be sure that our account wont be misused or our shares from demat account wont be traded(like it happened with many ppl in 2008)?

Thanks
Firstly the POA you give is not a general POA, but a limited power POA. The powers of the POA will be specified on POA form.

POA is required to debit your demat account when you sell shares. Without a POA an online broker will have no way to do this and will not be able to let you sell the shares.

If not for a POA, the other way to sell the shares in your demat account would be to sign a delivery instruction slip and give it to the broker physically. This is a very cumbersome process.

Yes POA has been misused by brokers, but this is not the only place a broker can misuse. I remember long back, there was this broker who was charging me Rs 200/month as DP charges without even having a demat account with him, until I noticed it.
What I mean to say is, POA is required for trading online, but you need to make sure that you monitor your demat and trading account regularly. NSDL/CDSL today sends you an SMS as soon as any shares have been debited from your demat. You need to make sure to keep a track of it.

If you let brokers misuse you, they will misuse you everywhere.

Zerodha, even a completely unknown broker floated by a forum member, wisdom capital has reduced its transaction charges from 450 per crore to 250 per crore.

I find it almost impossible to believe that they have a better bargaining power than zerodha.

Its blatant inflation of charges by your company. And your argument that you are preparing for a bad rainy day is all hogwash.

What say other boarders and members?

Also, whats the guarentee that stamp duty will not be charged retrospectively by the state governments, as some brokers have said that stamp duty depends on the domicile state of account holder and not the broker. Also, it could be disastrous, as the penalty is 10 times actual.

Please explain with related circulars, or dont bother to reply at all. We are all tired with your eyewash replies.

Last edited:
Zerodha, even a completely unknown broker floated by a forum member, wisdom capital has reduced its transaction charges from 450 per crore to 250 per crore.

I find it almost impossible to believe that they have a better bargaining power than zerodha.

Its blatant inflation of charges by your company. And your argument that you are preparing for a bad rainy day is all hogwash.

What say other boarders and members?

Also, whats the guarentee that stamp duty will not be charged retrospectively by the state governments, as some brokers have said that stamp duty depends on the domicile state of account holder and not the broker. Also, it could be disastrous, as the penalty is 10 times actual.

Please explain with related circulars, or dont bother to reply at all. We are all tired with your eyewash replies.
Bhai, whats the need to register a new ID for saying the same thing. There is nothing wrong in requesting for lower TCs :)

They are good professional brokers and encourage interaction on public forum so they do deserve a bit more courteous response/requests/dialogues from our end.

Happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.