Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

such a bad experience with zerodha. they dont care about if one faces problem . and even they replying after 3-4 hrs for any revert see here is snapshot
I guess this issue must have been sorted,

the email support didn't realize because your email didn't have any matter and it was only in the subject that you had put a one liner..

She should have anticipated your query and replied, Thanks for the feedback..

Cheers..

Zerodha

How typical !

Just when the majority is expecting an all time high, the markets turn around and go for a free fall.
carnot,

The thing is, the feeling a few days back was based on the same theory.

Markets near all time high and hardly any retail participation, so it should make a new all time high..

I guess it took out people like us who like to think contra retail out of play... :)

Zerodha

Zerodha challenge 60 trading days for those who started early must have got over......is the second round of challenge continuing for next 60 days or any predetermined date?

Smart_trade
I guess a few of our commodity traders have already finished the first round of challenge( commodity is faster because of saturdays being working).

One of the winners in commodity, finished the challenge yesterday, up 120% , 70% winning trades and amazing bet sizing strategy.

We have asked him to share a note on how he trades, will let you all know if he does...

You can start the second round of the challenge anytime before aug 15th...

Cheers,

futures

I guess a few of our commodity traders have already finished the first round of challenge( commodity is faster because of saturdays being working).

One of the winners in commodity, finished the challenge yesterday, up 120% , 70% winning trades and amazing bet sizing strategy.

We have asked him to share a note on how he trades, will let you all know if he does...

You can start the second round of the challenge anytime before aug 15th...

Cheers,
Thats wonderful..proves the importance of bet sizing...can you please elaborate more on the following (if its ok)?

1. Acct size (most of the times, big account size give a trader a great luxury in position sizing)...you could just say "above 50L or something like that"..exact details not required..

2. frequency of trades...

3. Any outlier trades?

4. Peak to trough drawdown for the account in that 60 days period?

5. Average risk per trade (for eg: 0.5%, 1% or 2%..etc)

6. If we know the answer to q.5, then maximum loss and max profit /trade w.r.t risk?

7. How often he's varying his position size?..these kind of returns would be possible when the trader varies the position size within the risk parameters...on the contrary, if one bets the same position size on all the trades and get this kind of return, you have just bumped on a 'holy grail' system/method :)

I know the answers would take some time for you to dig it up but it would provide other traders with some grt pointers to mull over..

Last edited:

sumosanammain

Thats wonderful..proves the importance of bet sizing...can you please elaborate more on the following (if its ok)?

1. Acct size (most of the times, big account size give a trader a great luxury in position sizing)...you could just say "above 50L or something like that"..exact details not required..

3. Any outlier trades?

6. If we know the answer to q.5, then maximum loss and max profit /trade w.r.t risk?

7. How often he's varying his position size?..these kind of returns would be possible when the trader varies the position size within the risk parameters...on the contrary, if one bets the same position size on all the trades and get this kind of return, you have just bumped on a 'holy grail' system/method :)

I know the answers would take some time for you to dig it up but it would provide other traders with some grt pointers to mull over..
By your questions, you come across as a very experienced system developer.
Good questions

TraderRavi

low risk profile

futures

means any jackpot type trade ?.......:confused:
Yes..we can call that way or simply put "aberration from normal"..real big profitable trade or real big loss trade...here, i was asking Zerodha about any outlier - +ve or -ve

lets say, normally a trader bets 1 rs and makes 2 rs..outliers are those trades in which trader bets 1 rs and the market god gave him/her 10rs or 20 rs.. these kind of trades would tremendously boost the returns short term but the returns tend to normalize over the long term as we commit mistakes as well..that's the fun part about trading !!

if a method has very few outliers over a given period of time, then that system 'may' give money consistently long term(ofcourse on the assumption that other things like risk,position sizing, discipline are taken care of)..

Broadly speaking, outliers happen for two reasons..

1. Market gods are favorable (eg: u r long and market gaps open 100 points in nifty) or otherwise

2. Method/system used was under the most favorable market for that particular method..generally, there are 'Up-volatile, Up-Quiet, Sideways-volatile, sideways-quite, down-volatile and down-quite' markets - 6 in total..so, some systems work in Up market, some in sideways and some might not work at all in volatile markets..

a traders woe begins when we don't understand the difference between the above two reasons and falsely get into conclusions - euphoria on great returns (or) fear of pulling the trigger when it was just the outlier based on the first reason

So, typically, we would want a method to work in all the kinds of market but usually that's not the case..so, as traders, it would serve well if we understand what kind of market we are in first and then apply our method based on it...

BTW, i don;t want to steer away the topic from the main questions i put forth to Zerodha...am absolutely thrilled and excited to know that there are traders who make good returns and it feels good that we also have the same kind of opportunity if we apply ourselves into it...definitely, a big/hearty congrats is due for that trader..wonderful stuff :)

well, enough of my ranting here..:)

Last edited:

Zerodha

3. Any outlier trades?

We'd want the trader himself to explain this, Will get him to answer all the questions directly.

But one thing that I can tell you after seeing winners of 2 challenges( 1last year and 1 now), especially because I believe that there is always a method to the madness and love data analytic's, one common trait between winners which is missing among the people who have lost is bet sizing.

Most of the winners 70% of trades is just 1/5th of the maximum trade they will take, whereas the people who lose typically have just 1 trading size.

To give an example, if there is 1lk in the trading account 70% of the trades of winners is just 1lot. The remaining 30% they change it to 2 , 3 or more. These must be those trades where the change the size of the bet based on the conviction of the strategy.

The same thing if you ask most of the people who loose is that they have just 1 trading size for every trade. For eg if the account is 1lk they will trade with 5 lots every trade. When the account comes down to 50k, they trade with 3 lots every trade...

This was a common trait among the winners and hence sharing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broker Special Offers