Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zerodha,

Can you share the stats of 60 day challenge till now? Like %age winning traders among those who took the challenge. %age returns of trades. Max. and Min. Capital traded.

The way a trader would trade with 1 lac and with 10 lac capital will be different. So if you ask people to share their methods, it will also help to give a rough idea on the capital deployed along with %age returns. Need not be accurate figures, but just an indication.

Also, as I read in some posts above, can we retake the challenge after 60 days? My challenge gets over on July 1st.

Thanks.

Average returns of winning traders also may be included...max and min will be 250 % and 1%...average band of returns where 60-70 % winning traders fall will be important to set a minimum bar which we can target. Statistics only for traders who are profitable over the challenge period. We will get a fair idea of % of traders who were profitable and the average returns they achieved.

Smart_trade

Why dont people ask for the main stats?

How many people FAILED to make a profit in 60 days of trading. It will serve to show that this is one of the most difficult professions in the world..... multiplied by 100..... and then squared :)

Seriously, it will put to rest the fears of small traders who are bordering on the win some trades ... loose some trades ..... thank God, small loosing month..... that they are not alone, and it IS a difficult place to survive... and that they have lots of company and that they should hang on and work on their systems and style of trading.

Sometimes people think that other than them, EVERYBODY else made money, and DAMN!!! I suck!!! This internal dialogue will be addressed by those stats too.

Zerodha

Why dont people ask for the main stats?

How many people FAILED to make a profit in 60 days of trading. It will serve to show that this is one of the most difficult professions in the world..... multiplied by 100..... and then squared :)

Seriously, it will put to rest the fears of small traders who are bordering on the win some trades ... loose some trades ..... thank God, small loosing month..... that they are not alone, and it IS a difficult place to survive... and that they have lots of company and that they should hang on and work on their systems and style of trading.

Sometimes people think that other than them, EVERYBODY else made money, and DAMN!!! I suck!!! This internal dialogue will be addressed by those stats too.
Very well said Sumo,

I will have better details of it in a week's time and will share it then.

But just to give an idea, if you manage to be breakeven, you are probably better than 80-90% of the people out there.

Low brokerage is probably only 5% of what can make you profitable in the markets. Today I hear a lot of people who think because it is a fixed brokerage/month or low brokerage, they can catch 2 points of nifty 10 times a day or 50p in options 20 times a day. If only it was that easy.

India's is slave to all the wrong ways to trade, people on this forum represents a minority who are looking to be educated, the majority out there still rely on tips from a person/RM/broker/research house whose track record is not tested. Trading is actually very simple, if we have got the basics right.

Like swimming, if you got the basics right you can swim forever, if you don't have the basics right, it is really tough to unlearn and learn again. But some smart person/broker out there need to do something to change this.

We will keep trying to do something new, but brokers need to understand that unless their clients make money, it is like you live in a tree house and you are cutting your own tree.

Will share some data, you guys can look at it as glass half full or half empty. If you are a trader, you have to be an optimist. :)

Good night..

That is scary...I thought around 25-30 % will be net profitable...but the %age looks a lot lower.

A good trader is also an asset to a broker...he makes money and he is a longer term source of revenue to the broker.

Final data is going to be very interesting ,that is for sure...

Smart_trade

VIKAS 21

Trading is actually very simple, if we have got the basics right.
[/SIZE]
Like swimming, if you got the basics right you can swim forever,

if you don't have the basics right, it is really tough to unlearn and learn again.

But some smart person/broker out there need to do something to change this.

We will keep trying to do something new, but brokers need to understand that unless their clients make money, it is like you live in a tree house and you are cutting your own tree.

Will share some data, you guys can look at it as glass half full or half empty.

If you are a trader, you have to be an optimist. :)

Good night..
Well said Zerodha.....

Trading is the only business where people want to earn without learn...

Nobody can be successful in any business/profession without having full knowledge of it...

for medical/engg/MBA ..WE have entrance test + Training(4-5 years course)

after that campus Interview.......

We spend so much money & time after that we are not sure of getting a good job.. & if got a good job how much will be successful after fighting with office politics...

Saint Sir said in his one post ," Trading is easy we ppl make it difficult , we want to try hardest method but dont wana learn basics...

He also said in his post ," How can u expect good returns when you trading it part time.. I dont know any successful trader who earned a good name while trading it part time...

futures

That is scary...I thought around 25-30 % will be net profitable...but the %age looks a lot lower.

A good trader is also an asset to a broker...he makes money and he is a longer term source of revenue to the broker.

Final data is going to be very interesting ,that is for sure...

Smart_trade
ST,

I agree with you..traditional knowledge says that only 5-10% would be net profitable in trading (irrespective of the market/country one trades) over a period of 1 year..i guess, we are no exceptions...i was also expecting a little higher percentage as this data covers only 1 quarter..

Yes, final data would reveal interesting stuff .. looking fwd to it

Status
Not open for further replies.