Trading with OBV - for Beginners only !!

vijkris

Learner and Follower
i was just enjoying looking at posts from both Vijkris's and Aja..

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
How come you enjoyed and I didn enjoy. :confused: :annoyed:

That means enjoyment is discretionary. Each trader has different results. :D :clapping:

Trading with OBV - for Beginners only !!
I do not think that begginers can do this system at their way easily......however one may follow 1 hour ribon change for entry and exit in only some selected cash shares.......see following bar replay chart.....when 1 hour OBV changes from red to blue go long at minor pull back (for better RR...) and when ribon changes from blue to red go short at minor pull back.....

booked profit and reverse entry......

Does anybody has this AFL. Please share it. I would like to test it.

Thanks

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I dont trade this, but..

Varunji had already said that he doesnt use 200 ema anymore. I think the gist of his system now is ...

http://www.traderji.com/commodities/100956-crude-oil-trading-181.html#post1220326

To be frank with you i am only using naked price and OBV charts because as they say old habits die hard. To add value, you can mark 3 or 4 levels on the OBV charts corresponding to the opening (10:01 AM) 1:00PM ( i think Europe opens around this time) One at 5:00 PM and one say at 8:00 PM. Just these lines as reference lines and you should be good. I donot use any indicators. Just pure price and Volume (OBV).

http://www.traderji.com/commodities/100956-crude-oil-trading-183.html#post1220405
wisp ji i had advocated the 200EMA and 36EMA method to people to get them started, but as discussed with Vijkris ji had shifted to the ribbon system as 200EMA used to give delayed signals. I have been using OBV charts nakedly it was just to give a reference point for others to initiate a trade i gave this method. Then to make it easier and for more early signals we graduated to PDC method. I use 36EMA to add and to trail my SL.

http://www.traderji.com/commodities/100956-crude-oil-trading-183.html#post1220421

i consider OBV as my primary source and price as my confirmation. So when OBV touches the 36EMA if i am long, then i keep a stop below the low pivot of price just before the touch and also add. So initially if i had bought say by the 200EMA method (which i don't use) then my SL was the low pivot of price below the 200EMA. Now that gets raised after it makes a touch at the 36EMA of OBV.

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/103908-my-system-my-trades-379.html#post1220546

Thanks Wisp bhai for the compilation .. :thumb:

raju.vzm

Does any one know how to draw this PDC line in kite chats? If it's not possible, how to figure it visually on OBV?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

vijkris

Learner and Follower

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Vijay bhai,
You are Marco Polo of the forum :)
:lol: u mean I travel a lot.. haha.. i hate travelling bro..
Falaknuma exp is what i have to catch.. its nice to know someone from my same town is in TJ..

Ye Marco Polo kaun hai..
Shayad isne Polo game invent kiya hoga.. ya polo mouth freshner..:D

checkmate7

Vijay can you tell me for OBV method if I have to take timeframe as 5min/10min then what EMA values we should take....I have tried 3min with 240 & 20 EMA as suggested by Xray in one of his post...

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Vijay can you tell me for OBV method if I have to take timeframe as 5min/10min then what EMA values we should take....I have tried 3min with 240 & 20 EMA as suggested by Xray in one of his post...
Maybe u should continue with the same ema..

Xray bhai did backtests and then only he opened the thread.. So Atleast I will believe him blindly if trading 3 tf.
So u can take the above ema's as the base and do the backtests in 5 and 10 tf..
In one of the posts by happy ji and others, 5tf was highly profitable for positional.. no one did it for intraday..