Trading with OBV - for Beginners only !!

XRAY27

Found This Comment-

ab Miya humko Single haddi oneliner OBV Concept samaz me nahi aaya aur aap ho ki Double ki sawari kar rahe ho.

Tugduk Tugduk Tugduk :rofl:
Just keep in mind, any sarcasm or negative comments on obv or its followers is not tolerated. Posts are deleted and id is banned. Ur friend vs a bhai trolled obv followers so he was removed.

Only constructive criticism is allowed. Of course according to you it may be constructive but it can also be interpreted as personal attack.
E.g.. Suri ji said that in 200 ema method discretion is required, that was constructive criticism, but there was huge fight as it was perceived as personal attack.
God knows where is suri sir..:(

After 3 months now it is clear that suri ji was correct as discussion in my thread revealed that we can't be mechanical. You apologised... remember?
Well, vwap of pratap sir travelled from one area to another which i have not understood the second area...

same is with TDST, saint sir pivot i got through it ,my MP also confused many :D :lol:

Every person is free to adopt his own method and also can leave any method if it does not suit his comfort level..but forcing a method cannot be done

i have adopted OBV close line only , left all ribbons ,Back testing results are quite encouraging so added this to my present MP

Banning is a special weapon with Mods, to stop trolling if it crosses limits ( subject to mods jurisdiction) ...since mods have much more patient and tolerance level is at highest point, many are surviving in the forum,i have violated many times and corrected my self after warning :D

Banned babu already crossed limit !!! so finally kicked out , just check his posts you will understand !!!

Last edited:

wisp

Well, vwap of pratap sir travelled from one area to another which i have not understood the second area...

same is with TDST, saint sir pivot i got through it ,my MP also confused many :D :lol:

Every person is free to adopt his own method and also can leave any method if it does not suit his comfort level..but forcing a method cannot be done

i have adopted OBV close line only , left all ribbons ,Back testing results are quite encouraging so added this to my present MP

Banning is a special weapon with Mods, to stop trolling if it crosses limits ( subject to mods jurisdiction) ...since mods have much more patient and tolerance level is at highest point, many are surviving in the forum,i have violated many times and corrected my self after warning :D

Banned babu already crossed limit !!! so finally kicked out , just check his posts you will understand !!!
Just checked vsa's posts, I dont see anything offensive, may be all offensive stuff deleted. Anyway, not questioning any banning :D

wisp

mohan.sic

Hi, Any one using this method?

Below is the 1 min chart of TVS motor on 26th Apr. U can see sudden dip in OBV around 12:40 but not reflected in price in fact went in an opposite way. Any reason for this, is my chart setup correct? Can any one share ur chart with same time frame, so that I can make sure whether I configured correctly or not in my kite. P.s: I don't use ami broker.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
raju sir,

1) Plot the volume indicator and you will see a huge bar in that minute/period.

2) Read the obv formula.

Then you can understand it clearly why it behaved like that.

(Because the huge volume occurred in a minute where price closed below its previous minute close - obv turned down. And because the volume was huge - OBV line turned down so deep )

This is what happens based on the indicator formula.

This is a drawback in using obv. You cant identify this problem in Nifty/bank nifty/USDINR. But when you experiment on stocks, you can notice this.
I remember i said the same in x rays experiment thread.

Just keep in mind, any sarcasm or negative comments on obv or its followers is not tolerated. Posts are deleted and id is banned. Ur friend vs a bhai trolled obv followers so he was removed.

Only constructive criticism is allowed. Of course according to you it may be constructive but it can also be interpreted as personal attack.
E.g.. Suri ji said that in 200 ema method discretion is required, that was constructive criticism, but there was huge fight as it was perceived as personal attack.

After 3 months now it is clear that suri ji was correct as discussion in my thread revealed that we can't be mechanical. You apologised... remember?
Nobody is ever banned for making any critical comments on any thread.You yourself have posted your questions in OBV thread but you were never issued even a warning ,leave alone a ban.Ban is when someone crosses his limit of accepted behaviour and posts for creating trouble in the threads, using foul language,calling someone useless, someone shameless etc....and they are banned in other threads also not in OBV thread alone.These members fully deserve a permanant ban on them.

Smart_trade

raju.vzm

raju sir,

2) Read the obv formula.

(Because the huge volume occurred in a minute where price closed below its previous minute close - obv turned down. And because the volume was huge - OBV line turned down so deep )

This is a drawback in using obv. You cant identify this problem in Nifty/bank nifty/USDINR. But when you experiment on stocks, you can notice this.
Thanks Mohan for the explanation, got some clarity now

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Every trader is a different person with different mindset and they can trade different systems and be successful. There is no best method, be it VWAP,TDST,Market Profile,Pivot or OBV....each trader has to find out what suits his mindset and belief system.. There is no evidence to suggest that all the best and largest and most successful traders in the world either follow pivot,MP ,Eliott Wave ,Gann or OBV....

If there was a best method, all successful traders will be trading only that method.

Smart_trade

XRAY27

Every trader is a different person with different mindset and they can trade different systems and be successful. There is no best method, be it VWAP,TDST,Market Profile,Pivot or OBV....each trader has to find out what suits his mindset and belief system.. There is no evidence to suggest that all the best and largest and most successful traders in the world either follow pivot,MP ,Eliott Wave ,Gann or OBV....

If there was a best method, all successful traders will be trading only that method.

Smart_trade
:thumb::thumb:

mohan.sic

I don't know which id is banned nor seen the posts.

Of late what i understood was that, no one should post any counter comments on any method without giving proper examples. ;)

Just giving a opinion without proof ( even if it is correct ) - It may not go down well and can be mistaken as spreading negativeness.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
raju sir,

2) Read the obv formula.

Yes, you are correct regarding this observation. I have seen the same behaviour in SBI scrip as well. First I thought there is data error and deleted that quote. Later on backfilling same thing happened.
So that means there was a geniuine large vol trade which happened.
Of course if it happens like this means one workaround is to wait for obv and price to stabilise. In other words leave the scrip alone for some period of time. :D

I don't know which id is banned nor seen the posts.

Of late what i understood was that, no one should post any counter comments on any method without giving proper examples. ;)

Just giving a opinion without proof ( even if it is correct ) - It may not go down well and can be mistaken as spreading negativeness.
I suppose giving proof will silence those who refuse to believe the shortcomings of any method.. We humans are not perfect, nor the methods developed are 100% perfect.

To be profitable we need 50 % perfection. Rest 50% of the time is the time for hibernation !!!
One must definitely know when a particular method should not be used.