Trading with OBV - for Beginners only !!

john302928

Hi,
moving averages are lagging indicators then how its working for you when combined with OBV?
All Indicators are lagging only. everything is derived from price.But it is up to us how we get the leading information from them. Simple example, lets say MA crossover happens, these crossover happens after price move happens. But because of the MA crossover we come to know there is a positive sentiment happening and it is likely to continue further. This is the leading information for the next moves though this crossover happened after initial price action.

john302928

vijkris

Learner and Follower
If you are not interested to contact via mail. its ok. No issues. I am comfortable via mail because I get instant notification when you respond; but if i post in the thread, even if somebody else is responding in the thread I would get a notification.I get disappointed 99% of the times. It is just only to work on OBV method. Nothing else.
I open mail once a week. :eek:
Few members who have my mail id also prefer to post in the threads as I reply in tj mostly and they also came to know that I do not check emails. :D
My bad habit. sorry for that.

Before proceeding I would request anyone to come up with 1tf backtest report of 200 ema method. This is with reference to the post of varun ji:

Vijkris ji you seem to come up with classic examples. The whole day there was hardly 2 rupees movement with the 200ema in price being touched 10 times. How could you have traded it by any method. On a lighter note, now i can understand why your back tests were showing such results. Ha Ha. Do you want OBV to pass or fail. Ha Ha. Leave OBV for us lesser mortals. No i am not angry, just amused.
The whole method of 200 ema was supposed to be in 1 line: "buy when both obv and price above 200 ema, short when both below 200 ema".

No one mentioned that during the crossover price range should be greater than xx rs. etc, etc. :(

wisp

I open mail once a week. :eek:
Few members who have my mail id also prefer to post in the threads as I reply in tj mostly and they also came to know that I do not check emails. :D
My bad habit. sorry for that.

Before proceeding I would request anyone to come up with 1tf backtest report of 200 ema method. This is with reference to the post of varun ji:

The whole method of 200 ema was supposed to be in 1 line: "buy when both obv and price above 200 ema, short when both below 200 ema".

No one mentioned that during the crossover price range should be greater than xx rs. etc, etc. :(
Some further nuances were discussed by Varunji, please go through his thread.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
.....And I was accused of "complicating a simple method"... :annoyed:

@vsa

I have already made enough improvements in the method. I am good in reverse engineering. If anyone sees all the charts where 1st method failed in 1tf, one common pattern is there, which if taken into consideration improves the system.

Of course I have no intention of sharing all such things, especially after loose comments by varun ji.. :(

Varun ji himself has started with advanced concept showing the reliance chart. I even made some good summary and collected posts of that new advanced concept, where no indicators are used except pure OBV action..

All of that shall remain with me only..

I am still surprised No one has put up an excel of backtests in 1 tf till now. :mad:

.....And I was accused of "complicating a simple method"... :annoyed:

@vsa

I have already made enough improvements in the method. I am good in reverse engineering. If anyone sees all the charts where 1st method failed in 1tf, one common pattern is there, which if taken into consideration improves the system.

Of course I have no intention of sharing all such things, especially after loose comments by varun ji.. :(

Varun ji himself has started with advanced concept showing the reliance chart. I even made some good summary and collected posts of that new advanced concept, where no indicators are used except pure OBV action..

All of that shall remain with me only..

I am still surprised No one has put up an excel of backtests in 1 tf till now. :mad:
so making profit with the method finally ???

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Some further nuances were discussed by Varunji, please go through his thread.
When I put up the summary, i specifically asked to suggest edits,if anything is missing etc.. No one said anything.

Ha ha, now it is being said that something was discussed..

I have no intention of going through the thread again.

If any where in the thread there was mention of "when not to trade the 200 ema method", please list out the conditions where it must not be traded..

If not wisp, anyone else can also take up the task, it will be helpful for everyone.
thanks