Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arti

Yeah,but we can short list stocks closed making 20day low.Then we can check by ourself.Trying to write afl,but not that familiar so its taking time.

Sorry Arti .. I somehow missed your message. I don't have an afl for it. This is a subjective pattern and cannot be easily coded to an afl. It requires price action analysis.

I am starting this new thread where I'll be providing trading strategies using Technical Analysis. In this thread I'll post strategies for Indian Stock Industry. Over the period of time I will provide the AFL's for the same. The best way to use this thread is to Understand and Master only One or Two setups. There is no point in running behind all the strategies in order to catch all the trades. Be sensible and be patient. Understand these setups and try and make your own strategy. That is the only thing which will get you profits in the market. Personally I don't use these strategies for trading or for investment. This does not mean that the strategies dont work. Most of these strategies include indicators and since Indicators are mostly lagging, I prefer to leave them out of my system. I have custom made a software and I trade on a completely different system. In the thread, I will be giving out stock recommendation for investment purpose (check the excel sheet). These recommendations are based on my custom made system. I don't prefer trading on the shorter time frame and most of my trades usually are on long term basis. Some AFL's are created by me with the help of other forum members like Anant. Special thanks to them for their invaluable contribution.

Download File: Investment Sheet Updated on 6th April 2010

List of Trading Strategies (This list will be updated as new strategies are posted). Click on links below to directly see the posts.

Intraday Strategies

1. Rectangular breakout for Intraday Purpose (With AFL)
2. Using 5-Min Charts for Profit (Ascending triangle)
3. 15 - Minute Chart Breakout
4. 15 Min Intraday Setup
5. Classical Gap Setup for Intraday Trades
6. RSI and Bollinger Band Setup on 60 Minute Time Frame

Daily Strategies

1. Retangular Consolidation Pattern
2. Failed double top - Daily Pattern
3. 5 Day Momentum Trading Strategy (With AFL)
4. RSI Divergence Strategy using Daily Chart
5. Dual Time Frame Momentum Strategy
6. Using a trending Indicator (ADX) efficiently

Weekly Strategies

1. 2-3 Week Swing Trade Setup
2. 3-4 Days Swing Setup (With AFL)
3. EMA Cross Over System
4. Turtle Soup Plus One
Thanks for sharing excellent analysis. I am not able to see the excel sheet mentioned by. Can u help me out?

SwingKing

AFL Turtle Soup plus one

Here's an AFL to plot horizontal lines at 10 day high and 10 day low. By right clicking on the parameters window and adjusting the value, one can plot lines for any duration. This will visually help to scan the Turtle Soup plus one strategy mentioned. Special thanks to Anant (Asnavale) for taking the time to develop this AFL.

//******** The AFL starts here *************

_SECTION_BEGIN("N_Day_HiLo");

// Set chart display parameters
// Chart background is Black,
// Date Axis displayed,
// Long titles wrapped to next line

SetChartOptions(0, chartShowDates | chartWrapTitle);
SetChartBkColor(colorBlack);

// Locate Highest HIGH and Lowest LOW in last N days

N = Param("Days to go back(Excl today)", 10, 2, 200, 1);
PriceStyle = ParamStyle("Chart Type", styleCandle, maskPrice);
LineStyle = ParamStyle("Line Style");

NDayHi = H[BarCount - 1 - N];
NDayLo = L[BarCount - 1 - N];
XH = XL = BarCount - 1 - N;

for(i = BarCount - 1 - N; i < BarCount - 1; i++)
{
if(H > NDayHi)
{
NDayHi = H;
XH = i;
}
if(L < NDayLo)
{
NDayLo = L;
XL = i;
}
}

// Define the Lines to be drawn

HLine = LineArray(BarCount - 1 - N, NDayHi, BarCount - 2, NDayHi);
LLine = LineArray(BarCount - 1 - N, NDayLo, BarCount - 2, NDayLo);

// Plot chart

_N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} ({{INTERVAL}}) {{DATE}} {{OHLCX}} Vol=%1.0f\n{{VALUES}}", V));

Plot(C, "", colorGrey50, PriceStyle);
Plot(Hline, WriteVal(N, 1.0) + " Day Hi", colorBrightGreen, LineStyle);
Plot(LLine, WriteVal(N, 1.0) + " Day Lo", colorYellow, LineStyle);

_SECTION_END();

//************ END of AFL ***************

AW10

In my view, Results tell the history..i.e what happened in last 3 months / 1 year.
whereas, stock market discounts the future earning in price. So even if results are good,
current price of reliance already takes it into account.
Do you think those highly paid analysts /fund managers have not done their analysis and already know what reliance is come out with.

My common observation is, if results are good, price jumps for short time, or few days due to purchase by novice who think they are smart and making sound fundamental investment decision, and very soon, professionals come in to dump their stock and price drops or corrects.

And, CEO's are another breed of human being.. in bullish market, they are more optimistic about their projection.. and when mkt is bearish, they dump all the bad news.

Happy Trading.