Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shorts have been carried forward today.

Don't try to bottom fish any stock as of now.

Tc
Bro yday I was feeling uncomfortable the way mkt trading so around 11 sold all my holding and later saw what was making me uncomfortable :clap:
Now as u posted avoid bottom fishing but can keep eye on stocks for bottom fishing Can You give some stocks for keeping eye when a pause or u turn comes I am keeping eye on

J&K BANK
MONNET ISPAT
VISA STEEL
Fortis Healthcare:)
Bro can you give view on these stoks would wait for your choice of stocks before entering any Thnx in advance
Renuka Ji chal padi apne Mayke Lagta to hai

SwingKing

Bro yday I was feeling uncomfortable the way mkt trading so around 11 sold all my holding and later saw what was making me uncomfortable :clap:
Now as u posted avoid bottom fishing but can keep eye on stocks for bottom fishing Can You give some stocks for keeping eye when a pause or u turn comes I am keeping eye on

J&K BANK
MONNET ISPAT
VISA STEEL
Fortis Healthcare:)
Bro can you give view on these stoks would wait for your choice of stocks before entering any Thnx in advance
Renuka Ji chal padi apne Mayke Lagta to hai

PT Bro,

Buying now depends on how the next move pans out. Things are pretty stable but are in a "tricky" stage. So, at present we'll have to watch closely. Anything can happen from where we are currently and whenever I see such things on screen I wonder if its the turn of Fundamentals oriented correction. Anyhow its not worth guessing it I suppose.

At present I am positioned in Pharma and Consumer oriented sectors. Hence all the stocks that I am watching are reserved from these sectors. The composition of my portfolio is as follows,

January - Swing Short for 2-5% moves
February - Positional Longs with 6-8% SL from current levels (Indices & Stocks)

Tc

TraderRavi

low risk profile
My day trading with 5000 rs capital
this week i had 18 winners and 4 losers in day trading , my trading capital is doubled in 5 days , excess funds are tsfrd to my SB ac
In the year 2010 This is 3rd time my 5000 rs intraday capital doubled in just 5 consecutive trading days, thank you
can you post these trades, you mentioned above...........

SwingKing

Been a while since I posted a chart. So just posting why I went Swing short on the current move. Some of you might be surprised seeing Indicators from me, but that's how one should be; Flexible to look at anything and everything! This is based on one of the posts I made earlier on using MACD & Stochastics.

Taking trades in direction of Weekly trend. On Weekly chart, MACD & Stoch are on short mode. Hence on Friday when Daily charts indicated the same, it was time to go Swing short. Remember the Swing Rule, we always trade in direction of higher time frame. Just by extrapolation, we would know that there is some good 200 points on the Nifty to see on the down side. Be alert and trade well.

Daily Nifty

Weekly Nifty

Tc

prst

Been a while since I posted a chart. So just posting why I went Swing short on the current move. Some of you might be surprised seeing Indicators from me, but that's how one should be; Flexible to look at anything and everything! This is based on one of the posts I made earlier on using MACD & Stochastics.

Taking trades in direction of Weekly trend. On Weekly chart, MACD & Stoch are on short mode. Hence on Friday when Daily charts indicated the same, it was time to go Swing short. Remember the Swing Rule, we always trade in direction of higher time frame. Just by extrapolation, we would know that there is some good 200 points on the Nifty to see on the down side. Be alert and trade well.

Daily Nifty

Weekly Nifty

Tc
Thanks Raunak bhai,

I have a query about time frames.
I use 30 minute charts and daily charts.
but most of the time they give contradicting signals on the MACD.
i hold for around 1 week to 10 days.

Should I give more importance to 30 minute chart signals, or should enter only if both of them give positive signals.
i used macd, slow stochs and rsi (20 days)

Thanks
Prashanth

SwingKing

Thanks Raunak bhai,

I have a query about time frames.
I use 30 minute charts and daily charts.
but most of the time they give contradicting signals on the MACD.
i hold for around 1 week to 10 days.

Should I give more importance to 30 minute chart signals, or should enter only if both of them give positive signals.
i used macd, slow stochs and rsi (20 days)

Thanks
Prashanth
Prashanth,

Why are you looking at 30 min & Daily time frame? Any reason?

Also, trading starts at 9.15, hence how is your 30 min chart free from data error? There has to be one session which is actually of 15 minutes but is showed on your chart as 30 min so as to make it 30 min uniform chart. This could be the main reason of the "Out of sync" between indicators.

Let me know and I will guide you further.

Tc

prst

Prashanth,

Why are you looking at 30 min & Daily time frame? Any reason?

Also, trading starts at 9.15, hence how is your 30 min chart free from data error? There has to be one session which is actually of 15 minutes but is showed on your chart as 30 min so as to make it 30 min uniform chart. This could be the main reason of the "Out of sync" between indicators.

Let me know and I will guide you further.

Tc
Hi,
I am basically following google finance charts.
and i did some backtesting on the same using both 30 minute charts and daily charts on google finance, and found 30 min charts to be more accurate than daily.
i feel that daily charts are too slow to respond, especially if we look at MACD.
please correct me ..