• February 27th 2011

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Currently I am thinking about a strategy which can give us about 100 points on Nifty/Bnifty on a Monthly basis. Now whether this comes at one go or it gets divided over numerous number of days is yet to be seen.

I'll let you know in case something good comes up. Meanwhile, post your own ideas on how to do this here.

Tc
Bro I am not using F&O nowadays but tried it in real time that mostly when mkt open and after 15 mnts whatever side mkt move up or down I mean If high or low of first 15 mnt break it give minimum 10-15 points with brokerage.
I know u guys are far ahead on TA but this style work mostly I tried and for that no need of chart etc and suits my way of trading:)

jagankris

Currently I am thinking about a strategy which can give us about 100 points on Nifty/Bnifty on a Monthly basis. Now whether this comes at one go or it gets divided over numerous number of days is yet to be seen.

I'll let you know in case something good comes up. Meanwhile, post your own ideas on how to do this here.

Tc
Raunak Bhai 100 or 1000 :)

Just a combination of Saint ji's one hour swing combined with anti martingale.
I am mentioning only the logic and I haven't back tested this.

In theory this strategy requires un limited capital

Rules
1.buy the breakout of 1 hour candle + filter
Low + filter is the sar.
2.Sell short at the low of 1 hour candle + filter
High + filter is the sar.
Each time the stop hits double and reverse your position in the opposite direction.
May be risky on a sideways low volatile day.If this could be sorted out then :clap:

Welcome your critics.

Best regards,
JK

SwingKing

Raunak Bhai 100 or 1000 :)

Just a combination of Saint ji's one hour swing combined with anti martingale.
I am mentioning only the logic and I haven't back tested this.

In theory this strategy requires un limited capital

Rules
1.buy the breakout of 1 hour candle + filter
Low + filter is the sar.
2.Sell short at the low of 1 hour candle + filter
High + filter is the sar.
Each time the stop hits double and reverse your position in the opposite direction.
May be risky on a sideways low volatile day.If this could be sorted out then :clap:

Welcome your critics.

Best regards,
JK
Jagan My dear,

Give me the link where this is posted. I cant exactly understand what you have written. Would like to read the original write up.

Tc

nac

Bro I am not using F&O nowadays but tried it in real time that mostly when mkt open and after 15 mnts whatever side mkt move up or down I mean If high or low of first 15 mnt break it give minimum 10-15 points with brokerage.
I know u guys are far ahead on TA but this style work mostly I tried and for that no need of chart etc and suits my way of trading:)
A to Z everything will suit your style of trading...

jagankris

Jagan My dear,

Give me the link where this is posted. I cant exactly understand what you have written. Would like to read the original write up.

Tc
Raunak Bhai,

It is my own thought.Not from any where.

Martingale is the gambler's strategy.
i.e each time a person loose he should double his bet.
In this case a person should average his trade by doubling the quantity on the loosing side.

Anti martingale is exactly the opposite.
Each time stop hits he should double his stake but in the direction of the markets.

1,2,4,8,16,32,64 .......

Assumption is markets cannot move with in the 1 hr candle range the whole day.

Please let me know where exactly the clarification is required.

TIA.

Best Regards,
JK

Last edited:

SwingKing

Raunak Bhai,

It is my own thought.Not from any where.

Martingale is the gambler's strategy.
i.e each time a person loose he should double his bet.
In this case a person should average his trade by doubling the quantity on the loosing side.

Anti martingale is exactly the opposite.
Each time stop hits he should double his stake but in the direction of the markets.

1,2,4,8,16,32,64 .......

Assumption is markets cannot move with in the 1 hr candle range the whole day.

Please let me know where exactly the clarification is required.

TIA.

Best Regards,
JK
Jagan Dear,

Thanks for the post.

I know what Martingale is. It does not work in Stock markets as the odds are not fixed. Since you know about it, you will understand this better.

At present I am working on something more simpler and more realistic (Risk reward). I'll post my findings once I have something concrete.

Tc

jagankris

Dear All,

At present I am buying in this market. I haven't shorted a single stock except for DLF which I shorted at 348 & 316 and rid it till levels of 270 and few trades on Tata steel. Over the period of two days, most of my portfolio holdings have been narrowed down to 1-2 stocks. That is, I have invested almost 75% of my available capital on 2 stocks with extremely tight stop losses.

Tc
Raunak bhai is exactly following Warren Buffet :clapping:
I faintly remember reading some where warren buffet investing 40% of his total assets in Amex (I guess) when the stock fell down drastically on a single day due to some scam news.With in a year his investment tripled :) :thumb:

SwingKing

Rollover Analysis

Basic Definition:

When a future contract of an Index or stock is near the expiry and one wants to carry over the position (long/short) he/she has to close the position in that(current) expiry and form a fresh position (long/short) in the next months future contract. This covering of the open position in near month and simultaneously forming fresh position in next month is known as rollover.

Formula:

(next month OI + far month OI) %/Total futures OI of all three series

Explanation:

Rollover analysis is not different from basics of open interest analysis. Most of the times when viewed on own, it is extremely misleading. Hence, following are the broad guidelines one must follow while incorporating this in trading.

1) Always be aware of broader market and the stock's price action.
2) OI increase followed by price increase is bullish (Price analysis must support).
3) OI increase followed by price decrease is bearish (Price analysis must support).
4) Rollover is essentially to see if the Bullishness and Bearishness is getting followed to next series. Historical data of Rollover analysis is a must to compute this. Suppose a stock has Bullish price pattern and positive relation with OI and historical rollover around 30%. If currently the stock has good price structure, positive relation with OI and it sees rollover of 70% (which is more than historical rollover) then the stock should be perceived as Bullish.

Hence, when doing rollover analysis, you need to have historical data to base your analysis, positive price structure with OI (Or reverse) and be aware of broader direction of market. Its subjective and hence it needs to be monitored with rest of the factors around.

Tc