• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daitya

Re: Stocks for "Investment" purpose

Following are the stocks for "Investment". Start accumulating small quantities on dips. The stop loss for the stocks will be low which just goes to show the growth these stocks can have over the period of time (usually 12-24 months).

1. Hold these stocks for Investment purpose only. These are not swing trades nor they are scalping trades. These are purely investment based trades based on numerous factors.

2. Maximum loss that we will take for a particular stock is 10 - 15%. Again, the stop loss is deep but these stocks can give amazing returns. For some stocks stop losses are more deep. However, this is only because these stocks are showing good long term momentum.

3. Buying criteria is based on a weekly technical system (neither a trending system nor a mean reversion system) and long term fundamental - economic system.

I'll be really grateful if someone could assist me with updating this list of stocks on weekly basis.

I'll be posting the list in this same post in sometime ... Will be updating the stocks as I find new investment opportunities ..

Download Here

Tc
Please upload the list on other sites that provide unlimited downloads..as rapid_share.c om can not more than 10 downloads..
You can use 4sha_red.c om

Re: "Trading Strategies Using Technical Analysis".

Hi Raunak...

Thanks for all the effort that you have put into explaining various strategies. Looking forward to learning from you. :thumb:

Last edited:

SwingKing

Re: Stocks for "Investment" purpose

Hi Raunak...

Thanks for all the effort that you have put into explaining various strategies. Looking forward to learning from you. :thumb:
Please upload the list on other sites that provide unlimited downloads..as rapid_share.c om can not more than 10 downloads..
You can use 4sha_red.c om
List has been posted agin in the thread itself ...

Please check .. Tc.

SwingKing

How I am trading the Nifty

I had shorted the Nifty at 5230 as previously mentioned and I squared off 70% of my short positions today. At present, I want to tell you how I am trading the nifty. Refer to the figure below. The nifty had violated Trendline 1 (marked in white) and hence shorting was a good opportunity. Now, after two days of volatility, the Nifty has taken support at Trendline 2 marked in Red. Till this support prevails, I will look to be long in the market with fewer short positions for restricting loss. Support at trendline 2 was formed with hammer-like formation and support has a good chance to hold.

nimish_rulz

Great Stuff. I didn't agree with you on previous occasion but do it now that Nifty will go up now but I feel 5200 would be a tough target to break however my system predicts 5300 Wednesday or Thursday due to the sheer volume today in the time when Nifty started to rise above 4960. Anyways congratulations on great trades.

Re: AFL (3-4 Swing Strategy)

Hi Raunak

I have a question about this strategy. In the explanation that you have provided there is no mention of doji or hammer (http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/36413-trading-strategies-using-technical-analysis-8.html)

However in the AFL i see that the buy setup needs a doji or hammer. If possible could you clarify that. Thanks.

AvgRange = Sum( abs(O-C),15 )/15;
Doji = IIf(abs(O-C)<=0.1*(H-L),1,0);
HAMMER = IIf( (H-L > 1.5*AvgRange) AND (C > (H+L)/2) AND (O > C),1,0);
Cond1 = Cross(StochK(8,3), StochD(8,3,3)) AND StochK(8,3) <30;
Cond2 = RSI(3) < 30;
Cond3 = Close > MA(Close,150);
Buy = Cond1 AND Cond2 AND Cond3 AND (Doji OR HAMMER);
Sell = BuyPrice*1.05;
Filter = Buy;
AddColumn(Buy, "Buy", 1.2);
AddColumn(Close, "CMP", 1.2);
AddColumn(BuyPrice*0.97, "SL set at 3%", 1.2);
AddColumn(IIf(Buy,100*((Ref(Close,5)-Close)/Close),100*(Close-Ref(Close,5))/Close),"Profit% on Day 5",1.2,3,width = -2);
AddColumn(IIf(Buy,100*((Ref(Close,10)-Close)/Close),100*(Close-Ref(Close,10))/Close),"Profit% on Day 10",1.2,3,width = -2);

// Have included performance tracker in percentage terms (%) after period of 5 and 10 days

// Stop loss is set at 3%. Please suit your own risk levels

//Stochastic setting are at 8,3,3 You can modify it to 6,3,3 as per original settings. However it does not make much of a difference.

SwingKing

Great Stuff. I didn't agree with you on previous occasion but do it now that Nifty will go up now but I feel 5200 would be a tough target to break however my system predicts 5300 Wednesday or Thursday due to the sheer volume today in the time when Nifty started to rise above 4960. Anyways congratulations on great trades.
Thanks for the wishes Nimish.

Actually, I was never vouching for the markets to crash. I was expecting a fall before 5300 is breached. See, corrections like these which happened in last two days are healthy for the market.

I totally agree with you on the points you had mentioned earlier. Hence, untill something major happens, our markets will continue to do well. My only concern is that the price structure of Shanghai, Hangseng and now Taiwan is not looking good. Whether this scenario spills to our markets or not, we have to see that.

Tc.

SwingKing

Hi Raunak

I have a question about this strategy. In the explanation that you have provided there is no mention of doji or hammer (http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/36413-trading-strategies-using-technical-analysis-8.html)

However in the AFL i see that the buy setup needs a doji or hammer. If possible could you clarify that. Thanks.
Trading4p I have added doji or hammer just for better results ... this is something I found by looking at many charts ....

Tc.

Trading4p I have added doji or hammer just for better results ... this is something I found by looking at many charts ....

Tc.
Hi raunak,

You short the mkts and compel it to crash and i pay the price by paying huge m2m. Yeh kya hai?

Thanks and regards:)