• February 27th 2011

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Markets are looking a bit heavy at the moment ...

Have taken short positions (5230) in the NIFTY with a stop loss of 5260 .... This is an extreme high risk trade ... will post the details later as to why I have gone short for the shorter time horizon ...

Please DO NOT trade this signal ....

Tc.
Is it for positional or intraday.

SwingKing

Markets are looking a bit heavy at the moment ...

Have taken short positions (5230) in the NIFTY with a stop loss of 5260 .... This is an extreme high risk trade ... will post the details later as to why I have gone short for the shorter time horizon ...

Please DO NOT trade this signal ....

Tc.
Ok, now's the time as to why I was short on the market ...

1. Asian market's have been weak from the past 3-4 trading sessions and Indian market's have been in the range of 5200 - 5260.

2. Majority of Asian market's have not made new highs and have been falling on momentum. India in this case has made a high on low momentum.

3. US market's have had earnings been reported with majority of earnings still showing signs of concerns.

4. China over the past week has started controlling the credit outburst and their markets are rightly correcting gradually.

5. Technically, we are looking a little weak for the short term and hence a correction at this stage would be very healthy.

I had posted one article on Jan 6th ... Its a pure technical view about short term correction ... Do refer it ...

http://www.traderji.com/equities/36950-insight-into-why-nifty-probably-heading-down.html

SwingKing

EMA Cross Over System

EMA Cross Over Weekly Trades

Tools – Candlestick/Bar Chart (Daily), 150 EMA, 70 EMA and 20 EMA

Trade Setup – This is a trend trading system which gives enormous returns while trending markets and many whipsaws in non trending markets. Keeping our economy in view, this is going to be a profitable system in coming years as we are in an age of trending markets (either up or down). In this system we make use of 3 EMA; 150 EMA (Long term average), 70 EMA (Medium term Average) and 20 EMA (Short term Average).

Buy Setup – A typical buy setup occurs when the Short term average (20 EMA) crosses over the 70 EMA with the 70 EMA being above the 150 EMA. Same principle (but reverse) goes out for short trades.

Sell Setup – Exit the trade once the short term average (20 EMA) crosses the medium term average (70 EMA) form above.

Important Notes – To use this system effectively, exit the positions once you get returns in the range of 50-70%. Start offloading the positions once 50% return is on the cards.

Last edited:

SwingKing

Positional call on the Nifty has worked well ... Shorted at 5230 .. it's currently at 5150 ...

Let's see how the markets play out ... Have kept a stop loss of 5180 now ... will still end up with 50 points profit ..

Tc.

AlokTewari

Re: EMA Cross Over System

Tools – Candlestick/Bar Chart (Daily), 150 EMA, 70 EMA and 20 EMA

Trade Setup – This is a trend trading system which gives enormous returns while trending markets and many whipsaws in non trending markets. Keeping our economy in view, this is going to be a profitable system in coming years as we are in an age of trending markets (either up or down). In this system we make use of 3 EMA; 150 EMA (Long term average), 70 EMA (Medium term Average) and 20 EMA (Short term Average).

Buy Setup – A typical buy setup occurs when the Short term average (20 EMA) crosses over the 70 EMA with the 70 EMA being above the 150 EMA. Same principle (but reverse) goes out for short trades.

Sell Setup – Exit the trade once the short term average (20 EMA) crosses the medium term average (70 EMA) form above.

Important Notes – To use this system effectively, exit the positions once you get returns in the range of 50-70%. Start offloading the positions once 50% return is on the cards.

Hello,

With reference to EMA setup for weekly trade, is it EMAs crossing each other or price crossing EMAs ? I checked with 20, 70 & 150 EMA for most stocks for last one year period. There is hardly any crossover of EMAs in most of them for last one year whereas this set up is supposed to be for weekly trade. In other words if EMSs donot cross, trade will not be initiated in the first place. Kindly clarify

Cheers !!!!

Alok Tewari

SwingKing

Hello,

With reference to EMA setup for weekly trade, is it EMAs crossing each other or price crossing EMAs ? I checked with 20, 70 & 150 EMA for most stocks for last one year period. There is hardly any crossover of EMAs in most of them for last one year whereas this set up is supposed to be for weekly trade. In other words if EMSs donot cross, trade will not be initiated in the first place. Kindly clarify

Cheers !!!!

Alok Tewari
Alok, the 20 EMA crosses the 70 EMA. I have put this in the weekly setup because I have not created a monthly category on the 1st page. This is a monthly trade if you actually test it. Returns are good when held on for months. Such setup happens once a year (if it is successful, its returns are good).

Almost all the trending stocks this year have given this setup between Apr and May ...

Tc

daitya

Tools Candlestick/Bar Chart (Daily), 150 EMA, 70 EMA and 20 EMA

Trade Setup This is a trend trading system which gives enormous returns while trending markets and many whipsaws in non trending markets. Keeping our economy in view, this is going to be a profitable system in coming years as we are in an age of trending markets (either up or down). In this system we make use of 3 EMA; 150 EMA (Long term average), 70 EMA (Medium term Average) and 20 EMA (Short term Average).

Buy Setup A typical buy setup occurs when the Short term average (20 EMA) crosses over the 70 EMA with the 70 EMA being above the 150 EMA. Same principle (but reverse) goes out for short trades.

Sell Setup Exit the trade once the short term average (20 EMA) crosses the medium term average (70 EMA) form above.

Important Notes To use this system effectively, exit the positions once you get returns in the range of 50-70%. Start offloading the positions once 50% return is on the cards.

Please upload proper pic ...use png file instead of jpg...so that I can see crossovers...