Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Re: "Trading Strategies Using Technical Analysis".

Hello Raunak,

I must say that you are doing wonderful work, much appreciated. Infact I am learning lots of new things, which I havent practised personally in last 4years of my technical analysis journey on amibroker and trade setups.

I would love to setup metastock as an EOD TA software. Currently I am using amibroker for EOD TA analysis.. As I am out of country from past 1.5yrs could not put much focus on Intraday setups on Amibroker. I woul appreciate if you guide me in right direction and advise me should I continue using Amibroker for intraday or should I move on to Metastock for intraday/ and/or EOD.

As personally I feel I am well versed with amibroker it is quite easy to use.

Thanks

Any quick response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Mohit Gupta
Delhi/London
Mohit,

Most of the softwares offer one and the same thing. I would suggest you to be with Amibroker as you have familiarity using it.

It is our tendency to feel comfortable with familiar things and moreover amibroker is in no way less efficient than metastock. Both are equally good.

SwingKing

Re: 3-4 Days Swing Setup

Hello Raunak,

Keep up da good work..you are doing an exceptional work, hats off to you..

I am requesting to post that exploration afl wid close1- close5 price if possible..I am sure will learn alot from you raunak.

I hav started admiring your technical analysis, one word for u...FANTABOLOUS...

good luck..

may we all learn together and mak a better lyf 4 ppl connected to us...

thnks..

mohit
Mohit the exploration is already posted with close 1 - close 5. If not, then let me know.

Tc.

SwingKing

Guys Have entered a swing trade for Nifty ...

Nifty was trading at 4808

Bought 4900 Call Options at 102

Have chosen options as volatility is high and futures might lead to heavy losses. I know it's a high risk trade. But, with options atleast your losses are limited.

Tc.

Last edited:

SwingKing

Have chosen options as volatility is high and futures might lead to heavy losses. I know it's a high risk trade. But, with options atleast your losses are limited.

Tc.
Our swing trade for Intraday basis has worked quite well. The 4900 Call option has appreciated to 116. This may not look profitable. But, we have to see what Nifty did. Nifty at the time I bought the option was at 4808. At the time of writing this post it is at 4886. Almost 80 points gain in such volatile market is not so bad.

As of now I am not covering my profits. Lets c what happens ahead.

Tc.

Our swing trade for Intraday basis has worked quite well. The 4900 Call option has appreciated to 116. This may not look profitable. But, we have to see what Nifty did. Nifty at the time I bought the option was at 4808. At the time of writing this post it is at 4886. Almost 80 points gain in such volatile market is not so bad.

As of now I am not covering my profits. Lets c what happens ahead.

Tc.
Observing your moves with awe. Good shot again.

Thanks and regards

AlokTewari

Tc.
Raunakji,

I feel Friday's bounce in Nifty was a typical bear market rally. Bear market rallies are always fast & furious to the extent making one believe that downtrend is now over, only to fall back again. Dow has closed in red on Friday inspite of good GDP nos. which is as big a warning for bulls as it gets. Normally Dow should have been in green by over couple of hundred points after such good news specially since Dow has fallen so much in last few days. On the plus side Nifty has closed on Friday with Hammer ( after a downtrend ) which is bullish. So far so good. Now only if Nifty can close on Monday with a green candle & in doing so it can take out 4950-4960, can we say that this rally is for real. Otherwise Nifty will be back to southward journey again.

This is my thinking & I could be wrong. I would be happy to get your views & insight into this.

Cheers !!!

Alok Tewari

SwingKing

Raunakji,

I feel Friday's bounce in Nifty was a typical bear market rally. Bear market rallies are always fast & furious to the extent making one believe that downtrend is now over, only to fall back again. Dow has closed in red on Friday inspite of good GDP nos. which is as big a warning for bulls as it gets. Normally Dow should have been in green by over couple of hundred points after such good news specially since Dow has fallen so much in last few days. On the plus side Nifty has closed on Friday with Hammer ( after a downtrend ) which is bullish. So far so good. Now only if Nifty can close on Monday with a green candle & in doing so it can take out 4950-4960, can we say that this rally is for real. Otherwise Nifty will be back to southward journey again.

This is my thinking & I could be wrong. I would be happy to get your views & insight into this.

Cheers !!!

Alok Tewari

Alok,

There are few things I wanted to say,

1. We are not in a bear market. That's why I don't think any rally here is a bear market rally. Nifty is going to make a new high this year and I strongly believe in this. The market would change it's stance from Bull to Bear when 4500 and more importantly (3900) get's taken out decisively.

2. TA assumes that the trend will continue in motion till signs emerge to suggest otherwise. As of now, there is nothing that suggests this. It is human tendency to get shaken up by such corrections and volatility. How much has been the rise since April and how much has been the correction recently ?? As traders and investors we should not draw conclusions so early.

3. What Dow is doing currently is completely different. They have a structure economic problem which is far from getting over. The recent changes in US policies do indicate that. Hence, before linking Dow with Nifty, we need to consider the economic structure of the countries in perspective. The transition of growth and benchmarking has to take place from the US to the Asian countries. Hence, the impact might be there initially, but It wont be a permanent one.

4. The RBI quarterly review released yesterday indicates that in our economic system, things are progressing well and though monitoring is still been done, there are no apparent signs of any weakness.

5. Technically Nifty has formed a high wave candle (indecision of movement) on Thursday and a strong hammer on Friday. Hence, clinging on to these levels is not such a bad idea. Volatility will be there and hence trader's should stay out. But, for long term portfolio, it is not a bad idea to accumulate stocks. If the market signals a bear move ahead, then we can liquidate always. But anticipating what the market is going to do is always fatal.

Tc.