• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alroyraj

@ Raunak

To me there is nothing to lose, when one invests a little bit of sum in speculations like this. Any how thinking differs from person to person.

Finally thanks a lot for pointing to me that i lack common sense.:mad:

With regards as always
Saivenkat:)
It like they say "Common sense is not so common". But isnt this why we discuss it so we can get alternative viewpoints.
A stock needs to have sustainable fundamentals to qualify as an investment.
Besides. many stocks do go through a phase when they are viewed as the next greatest thing during a bull run. And one can really get stuck if one enters these assuming the party will last forever. Ideally one may enter such stocks but should take the gains off the table. In this bull run education and microfinance were celebrated. Some names like Edserv and SKS rise and ebb quite steeply.
Sometimes a lot can be learnt from a cursory look at how the sector in general is faring. Mining in general in this case. recently a lot of regulatory hurdles are coming its way: sharing 26% profits with the locals, tribal land issues, ban on ore exports in Karnataka etc. Too many issues here.

SwingKing

I absolutely admire what Ed Seykota has to say on Position Sizing. He says,

1. Bet high enough to make meaningful profits when you win.

2. Bet low enough so you are ok financially and psychologically when you lose.

3. If (1) and (2) don't overlap, don't trade.

Tc

gauharjk

Raunakji, many stocks rallied today. CenturyTex and ACC are two of those that had great run today after a prolonged downward or flattish trend. Do you see a reversal in their trends, or is it just a temporary blip?

These two stocks had immense buying pressure. Number of buyers outnumbered number of sellers. What is your opinion Sir?

rrmhatre72

Hi Raunak,

You have told me to remind you on Areva TD in Oct.
I am holding this position since last one year with purchase price of Rs325.

I am not sure if I have missed your post for getting replacement for Lakshmi Energy & Food which was baught @166 one year back which you have told me to sold of @75 & indicated that you will advice me with one stock to reinvest money which is received after selling Lakshmi Energy.

SwingKing

Raunakji, many stocks rallied today. CenturyTex and ACC are two of those that had great run today after a prolonged downward or flattish trend. Do you see a reversal in their trends, or is it just a temporary blip?

These two stocks had immense buying pressure. Number of buyers outnumbered number of sellers. What is your opinion Sir?
ACC can be bought with SL of 900 (investment)

Century Textile can be bought with SL of 485 (investment)

Tc

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

You have told me to remind you on Areva TD in Oct.
I am holding this position since last one year with purchase price of Rs325.

I am not sure if I have missed your post for getting replacement for Lakshmi Energy & Food which was baught @166 one year back which you have told me to sold of @75 & indicated that you will advice me with one stock to reinvest money which is received after selling Lakshmi Energy.
Rahul,

Be long in Areva with SL of 285-290 (Weekly basis)

I did not address the query to you, but I have posted fresh set of stocks to be invested in. I have posted it today and did it on friday. Check the list and see what appeals to you the most. Look for stocks which are giving fresh buys. That is, which haven't run up in the past or which are coming out of consolidation. Those are the one's which will offer you the best risk reward. But you will have to follow the SL levels I give. There is no investment which can be done and forgotten. This is just my way of dealing in investments.

You can go to this link and see if the stocks we select are performing or not. If they are then pick the best one's and invest.

Tc

Apurv7164

Sirji, you never consider sonata software for investment? Is it fundamental not appealing or just u never had this stock in ur radar?

Bests,
Apurv

Code:
        Script               Comment             Traded Price         Current Price              Exit               Gain/Loss
         ACE                   Buy                    66                  65.25                                       -1.15
 Ahmednagar Forgings           Buy                  126.68                141.85                                      10.69
      Ansal Prop               Buy                  95.84                   89                    89                  -7.69
      Bata India               Buy                  345.05                331.55                                      -4.07
    Finolex Cables             Buy                  59.74                  64.3                                        7.09
 National Fertilizers          Buy                  128.9                 125.75                                       -2.5
       Sesa Goa                Buy                  374.81                 353                   353                  -6.18
         KPIT                  Buy                  169.54                164.25                                      -3.22
      MunjalShow               Buy                  62.28                  64.3                                        3.14
      Parsvanath               Buy                  70.27                 68.55                 68.55                 -2.51
        Patni                  Buy                  467.13                 470                   470                   0.61
     Banco India               Buy                  112.01                111.5                 111.5                 -0.46
         TCS                   Buy
      Lupin Labs               Buy
    Ing Vyasa Bank             Buy
  JB Chem and Pharma           Buy
 Gemini Communication          Buy

Will be buying,

Lanco Inds
JK Cement
3i Infotech
Bharti Shipyard
Vardhman Acr
Sona Koyo Steer
Jain Irrigation
Graphite

From above list, we will be exiting Gemini Communication. Bought a Z grade stock accidentally.

Tc