Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gauharjk

In March 2009, a friend of mine suggested I buy and hold ACE in my portfolio. At that time, ACE was at Rs 9.50 and he had bought 3000 shares. I listened to his advice and took delivery of 200 shares @ Rs 9.50. I sold it a few days later at Rs 13. I was happy to make a profit of 30% in only a few days. But my friend did not sell.

Today, ACE is around Rs 70. I wish I hadn't sold ACE and actually bought more... :)

SwingKing

I have posted a Swing trading methodology that I use sometimes when the market conditions are correct. Complete system is posted along with the basic AFL. It is going to interest some users and hence I have created a separate thread for it.

Post all the queries regarding the system in that thread. Here's the link.

Tc

Last edited:

saivenkat

In March 2009, a friend of mine suggested I buy and hold ACE in my portfolio. At that time, ACE was at Rs 9.50 and he had bought 3000 shares. I listened to his advice and took delivery of 200 shares @ Rs 9.50. I sold it a few days later at Rs 13. I was happy to make a profit of 30% in only a few days. But my friend did not sell.

Today, ACE is around Rs 70. I wish I hadn't sold ACE and actually bought more... :)
You are correct. Instead of DEPENDING ON BIG FELLA'S we could rather pick the small and sweet ones, that which has strong fundamentals.

Big fella's always has some ego ( resistance ) in it. So progress in it will be always be in measured lengths. These small ones has nothing, no support or resistance ( neither ego or respect) So they march as they wish.

SwingKing

Re: Swing Trading Nifty and Bank Nifty

System Graphs

Quality of System

From above graph of R distribution, we get Mean of R as 0.355079 and Standard deviation as 1.06852

Hence, our Ratio of Expectancy to Standard deviation of R is 0.355079/1.06852 = 0.33

System Statistics

Contour Plot of Profit

Last edited:

March 9, 2009 is where global markets made low. March 10, 2009 is the date where global rally started on account of Citibank internal memo that Citibank is now in profit for first 2 months of 2009.

So most of the equity investments brought in March 2009 including MF are sitting with pot loads of profits.

columbus

Buy PENNY stocks in lump sum ,treat them as NPAs (non performing assets),and forget for a minimum of ONE year.

vssoma

dear,
really i too like this formula to buy penny stokcs.....but the main thing is how to choose which one to buy is the big problem, when we succeed in resolving this issue, it could be very easy to invest in it.

Buy PENNY stocks in lump sum ,treat them as NPAs (non performing assets),and forget for a minimum of ONE year.

vssoma

dear raunak,
now, all are investing in gold. so...i am also thinking same, but it is very high( life time ) now, that's why, instead buy at once, i am thinking to make sip.what is your openion about this stock to make sip for long time investment. and if it is not correct choice, pls. suggest good one.

tnx,

Last edited:

columbus

dear,
really i too like this formula to buy penny stokcs.....but the main thing is how to choose which one to buy is the big problem, when we succeed in resolving this issue, it could be very easy to invest in it.
Hi Soma,

You are correct.But prefer stocks with high BV and plot of price vs date will
certainly help.