Systematic Equity Investment Portfolio Performance Tracking

lemondew

Thank you you have given a good insight for trader who want to get into trading in delivery mode. Just wanted your views on whether the returns would improve if the stock universe considered were stocks recommended by PMS like marcellus, motilal.

This is marcellus list
HDFC Bank, Bajaj Finance, Nestle, Pidilite, Divis, Asian Paints, Marico, Colgate Palmolive, HUL, BATA, Relaxo, Page Industries, Titan
smaller firms
GMM Pfaudler (mkt cap $800 mn), Alkyl Amines (mkt cap $630 mn), Garware Technical Fibres (mkt cap $440 mn) and DCB Bank (mkt cap $330 mn).

Just went through their blogs to get list. Also motilal would have their list of stocks. These folks must have done some fundamental analysis to get to the list.

ncube

Thank you you have given a good insight for trader who want to get into trading in delivery mode. Just wanted your views on whether the returns would improve if the stock universe considered were stocks recommended by PMS like marcellus, motilal.

This is marcellus list
HDFC Bank, Bajaj Finance, Nestle, Pidilite, Divis, Asian Paints, Marico, Colgate Palmolive, HUL, BATA, Relaxo, Page Industries, Titan
smaller firms
GMM Pfaudler (mkt cap $800 mn), Alkyl Amines (mkt cap $630 mn), Garware Technical Fibres (mkt cap $440 mn) and DCB Bank (mkt cap $330 mn).

Just went through their blogs to get list. Also motilal would have their list of stocks. These folks must have done some fundamental analysis to get to the list.
Of-course I think stocks that have backing from larger PMS/MF have good probability of appreciation as they have the fund to move the stocks and would have researched the fundamentals well. However it is important to note that identifying/selecting the stocks is a very small part to trade successfully, it is how well we manage the trade (timing, profit/loss booking, allocation etc) is the real differentiator.

If one is comfortable and follow a similar investing style, there is no problem following their stock recommendation, just keep track of their holdings at regular interval as usually piggyback retailer will be the last to know when they make the changes..:)

For me I dont even track what the company do and no expertise in reading balance sheets or fundamentals...all my strategies are based on price action.

ncube

No SL for LT as it started to move southwards?
No..since it is one of 10 trades in the PF, the risk even if it goes down 20% will be just 2% of the portfolio value. Also the system has a time based exit which will kick in if it sees that the probability of stock going into profit has become low.

Further since this is an experimental account, I have kept a max 30% PF DD as the strategy abandonment rule...:)

Last edited:

ncube

Plan for 31-08-2020:
1. Today's price action was not a confident one for the strategy. Most stocks were up during the day but ended lower. 8 out of 10 stocks in the PF ending in red is not a healthy sign.
2. Also looks like there was some changes in the market structure, lot of distribution happened in the broader market under the cover of Nifty and my global market sentiment signal have entered into slightly negative region.
3. Trade plan for 31-08-2020:
Sell:
PFIZER
Buy: NTPC (50%)
4. Risk Management Process I will apply in this situation: (This is very important for any strategy, Capital/Profit protection is our primary goal)
Reduce Equity exposure: 50% (All stocks positions will be reduced to half)
Buy: LIQUIDBEES (Move the capital generated to Liquidbees)
If the market sentiment does not change in next few days and goes negative the strategy will be put into Hibernate mode and we will wait for a better time to enter...:)
5. PF status:
1598619945440.png