Software Development Initiative

pkjha30

Re: Traderji, please consider these suggestions

Hi

So , there is a lot of interest in taking up this project by members of the forum.I am also happy that Murthy Garu has taken this onerous reponsibility upon himself to lead and guide the team.

This will be a continuing project.

The proposed software of a group of softwares must be modular.

Development platform must be specified.

Code must be self-contained with purpose, parameters and return values clearly specified and submitted for review.

Changes suggested must be discussed and if agreed uopn, shall be incorporated by the submitting member.

How it is proposed to be integrated with the main module may be defined.

To avoid duplication of work, a member shall request to be registered as developer of a perticular functionality or module and must specify what all functionalities he intend to provide for. He shall be custodian for his coding and submit for peer review by other members.

Once a registration is granted a time schedule may be drawn up. Other members may give ideas and member can seek help of other members.
But if any other member wants to submit a code for a functionality already registered for another, he shall submit the code to that to that member only.
All request may be routed through Coordinator or team leader.

The Coordinator can review the progress, he can request the member about the progress and if it is difficult to complete then registration can be transfered to another willing member.

All codes must be deposited with the Traderji.com code depository. The registered member will have all access to the module and functionality registered in his name. In addition the coordinator shall have full access to the depository and user registration except password.

A Team leader can be designated for a group of related functionalities, who shall constantly interact with onther members included in the group.Members in the group can view each others code and discuss it for the purpose of better integration.

Tracking system should have (from sourceforge.net)

Bug Tracking System

Tech Support Tracking System

Patch Tracking System

Feature Request Tracking System
A compiled version and source code version should be available for general members who can use and report the bugs, request for support etc to the team.

A version control system may be put in place.

The idea of telling all this is that we need to have a set of ground rules to get going.I can be counted in and I will try to contribute as much as possible and time permitting. My EOD is in release mode, which is for the traderji.com.Binary will be released in the forum and code will be released to The coordinator who can assign work on it to any one he chooses.

Pankaj:)

Hi All

My 2 cents...

We also need a password protected area where we keep the ideas discussed. This will be accessible only to the co-ordinator, developers, testers and the idea men(could not find better word for this).
Since this is an open forum, any one registering has access to all/every thing. It would not be difficult for any one to get all our hard work and then market it. The other fourm members will be updated of the development by the co-ordinator.

In continuation of Pankaj's views
I would suggest, the development, platform etc. can be agreed later. Before that we need to brainstorm on the features, the scope of the project. We need the ideas.
And even before that, we need the team formation. First the co-ordinators, then the analysts and then the developers.

Best Regards
Coool.

Traderji

Super Moderator

cooltetra said:
And even before that, we need the team formation. First the co-ordinators, then the analysts and then the developers.

Best Regards
Coool.
The team formation is most important. We need some members who are experienced programmers before we can go ahead.

Traderji

Super Moderator

Ok we now have a separate forum for this initiative.

So as not to put too much work pressure on a single individual I have nominated both murthymsr and srisara (Satya) as coordinators for this project.

I welcome all suggestions by any member of this forum. Please post them here or PM me.

murthymsr

Traderji said:
Ok we now have a separate forum for this initiative.

So as not to put too much work pressure on a single individual I have nominated both murthymsr and srisara (Satya) as coordinators for this project.

I welcome all suggestions by any member of this forum. Please post them here or PM me.
Dear traderji and all members of this forum,

Thanks to traderji to bring-in together the members of this forum towards the Development Initiave and for proposing satya and me to co-ordinate the same.

while satya is an expert in coding, i have interst in the software development process and user interface. satya will be providing expert support and guidence to the software developers as required by them. i will be providing the support as required for project identification, co-ordination between the users, developers.

thanks are to munchikana for opening up of the issue.

i also thank the members who have posted their views and offered participation, particularly

satya, pankaj, cool_tetra, sarathc(providing data), ajitsariachirdeep,swagath86, beginer_av(documentation), jdm;

jaideep, karthik, aca_trader, agilent, inxsofme, kuldeep49 and many others.

i appeal to all other members (developers, domain experts and users) to contribute to the development process, by posing their views and suggestions of how we may go about this activity from time to time.

thank you all for the wonderful experience at traderji,

murthymsr

sivavkm said:
I dont know whether this is the right thread, if not, please move the posts.
Please check the attached EOD download screen.

yStock Application(71kb) can be downloaded from :-
http://rapidshare.de/files/25627931/yApp.zip.html
yStock support files(5.21 mb) can be downloaded from :-
http://rapidshare.de/files/25627865/ysupp.msi.html
Note :- Support files should be installed to the same directory as yStock directory

Regards
Siva
very good intiative. keep enhancing it. Nice interface. PB 10 version you should be using.

I am working in PB for the last 10 years.

Satya

srisara said:
very good intiative. keep enhancing it. Nice interface. PB 10 version you should be using.

I am working in PB for the last 10 years.

Satya
Thanks satya, nice to have a pb friend. Yes, i am using PB version 10.2,
Did you try the application?

Regards
Siva

murthymsr

Dear siva,
welcome to the developer's forum with your software.

one suggestion. you may open a new thread within the forum and make the post with attachments. this will put all the related posts at a single place for better reference by all.

regarding testers for your software, you may indicate the system requirements and other prerequisites for running your program on the tester's system.

you may also indicate whether you intend to release the software as a freeware or as a shareware or as open source.

all the best in your efforts.
murthymsr

All the best to learned senior members murthymsr and satya and other learned members of this forum who have joined this effort. I hope and pray not 100% but 100000% success in your endevour. As already admitted by me (quite truthfully and frankly), my knowledge in this field is limited. However, my best wishes and prayers are always with the developers of this software. If any one feels that I can contribute to this venture, I will be happy to do my best. If I feel on my own that I can do something, then without any hesitation, I will post my opinions and suggestions. God bless all of you

for java based software theres already a project in sourceforge if anybodys interested.

http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=116488&ssid=32167
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=116488

and somebody from india has already shown interest in that and the request has been taken up as a feature request.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1506045&group_id=116488&atid=674949
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1503635&group_id=116488&atid=674949

i had done some tweaks here and there so that i can watch indian equites in that framework,have a look at the screenshots.

its a good software and potential to grow big(i feel).

like all others i like my charting tool to have good charting facility.eclipse trader doesnt have that good charting functionality but nice interface though.
theres lot to be desired from charting software provided by brokers.

wishing you all the best.

Attachments