Software Development Initiative

murthymsr

Re: Traderji, please consider these suggestions

i welcome the green signal given by Traderji. thanks.

a similar proposal was made some time back, but but went into thin air.
let us prey (or work to it?) that it does not repeat.

i jot down some of my thoughts on the modus operandi.

1) to sustain the enthu, we may have a co-ordinator and a co-coordinator ( as a back-up) by consent / consensus / nomination. he will liason with volunteering members (with a coding or trading edge and also feature proposers for identifying projects.

2) to make a beginning, we may concentrate on utilising the free resources available in the internet and to distribute the product free with rights resting with the developers for each product as an incentive.

3) once the initial phases are over, the payment situations may be thought about. when such a situation arises, traderji may do the necessary co-ordination with collection and receipts through one of the available options, like pay-pal.

4) another issue, not brought out so far, is the role of trading experts. we need the expertise of trading experts also in this inititive. while lot of material is already available for review and incorporation, 'live-support' also will be required. what we do in the software is just what a normal trader does manually, but on a fast track.

5) traderji may open a section named something like "Development Corner" under 'Tools and Resources'.

6) coding, trading and need identifier volunteers may indicate their willingness to offer their services to the Corner with their skill-set, interested areas of work.

7) already some members have developed/developing software for member's use. such of the developer's volunteering to join the group with their products may bring the 'Corner' into the delivery mode from day one.

8) lastly, i feel Traderji may have to take a pro-active role than a consenting role so that the initiative will come through with a bang. appologies.

thanks to all for the wonderful experience that is 'Traderji.com'.

murthymsr

Traderji

Super Moderator

Ok I am going to start a new forum for software development. I cannot personally provide any inputs as far as software development is concerned as my knowledge in software programming is limited. However I would love to provide inputs related to technical analysis, indicators, trading systems, etc.

I would appreciate if all members would take an active interest in this project. I would also suggest members to invite their programming friends (who have interest in the markets and trading) to actively participate in this venture.

I am sure with the combined inputs of all members here we should not have a problem developing a world class software.

I would also like an experienced member who can devote time to this project in order to lay down the roadmap and coordinate the development of this software. If you would like to recommend yourself or somebody else please post in this thread.

Thanks a lot Traderji for your initiative. As submitted earlier elsewhere in this Forum, I am not a software programmer nor do I know anything about it. Traderji, please tell me if I have to give any help, which you think I can.

Software programmers of this Forum, please note the following points. History is in the making. Do not loose this opportunity to write your name in it in golden letters.

(1) To my limited knowledge, there is no INDIAN software programme (comparable to worlds best like Metastock, amibroker etc.) for stock charting written until today. Why can't we erase this black mark now and here?

(2) From reading the posts of other senior members here, what I understand is that all the available famous software programmes have been written by software professionals without the conjunction of great traders. That is why, they lack the perfection and completeness. As far as this forum is concerned, we are lucky to have some great traders as well great software developers. A combination of two can easily beat the best software available in this world. Take my words for that. We can easily create a software that can fulfil the needs of a investor and trader and also that of an analyst.

(3) Software professionals please note. You will not get another opportunity like this to share your ideas, participate actively and interact with leading lights of stock markets all with one goal, to create that THE ULTIMATE software. Who knows we may sell it to foreigners in future and extract our pound of flesh from them. Even if we do not sell it to them, at least we can prevent our countrymen/future traders from paying these foreigners by making available a software that is comparable to the best of this world or perhaps even better(which I hope and pray).

Please please join this initiative. I can assure you that you will never ever repent for joining this great initiative. Your joy and pleasure will only increase.

munchikana said:
Thanks a lot Traderji for your initiative. As submitted earlier elsewhere in this Forum, I am not a software programmer nor do I know anything about it. Traderji, please tell me if I have to give any help, which you think I can.

Software programmers of this Forum, please note the following points. History is in the making. Do not loose this opportunity to write your name in it in golden letters.

(1) To my limited knowledge, there is no INDIAN software programme (comparable to worlds best like Metastock, amibroker etc.) for stock charting written until today. Why can't we erase this black mark now and here?
There is one in making (almost complete under extensive testing) which is better than these two. The mark has already been erased. Please wait for some time before the thing comes into market.

Can't disclose anymore as the product is being not being developed by me.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

Traderji

Super Moderator

Traderji said:
I would also like an experienced member who can devote time to this project in order to lay down the roadmap and coordinate the development of this software. If you would like to recommend yourself or somebody else please post in this thread.
Any volunteers??

pkjha30

Traderji said:
Any volunteers??
Well

I propose the name of Murthygaru for this assignment if others are willing and subect to his agreeing to the proposal.

Satya could be requested to join the panel.

Pankaj:)

murthymsr

beginner_av said:
I have some exp in tech writing. Can definitely write the help files.

All the best.
dear beginer_av,

documentation and testing are two important areas where lot of support will be needed for the proposed software development project.

it's very nice of you to make the offer and your services will definitely be an asset and makes the team stronger.

thanks for the offer to help the team with the help files.

all the best.
murthymsr