Software Development Initiative

Hello everybody
It is nice seeing the interest in software development, my heartful wishes to all seniors and traderji.
I would like to add my suggession for a new software.
Many beginers in entering trading and technical learners try to apply their study in market, but due to money concern they use paper trades initially.
Having so much software developers, i think with yahoo tick datas we can develop a dummy trading software, which is used to buy and sell with stoploss orders in realtime trading. I searched for such software but i couldnot get it.
I request seniors to help me and tell their views, if there is any software developed so, kindly tell me where i can get it.
Pls ignore if i am out of your way.
Thanks a lot
Raj

hi everybody,
is there any s/w or utility available which can predict the trendor give buy or sell signal without going into the forest of technical analysis.
as technical analysis is a vast subject many new commers may not have the knowledge of t.a. but if some short cut to t.a. is available the same can be used to a certain extent
please guide if such utility is available

thanks

We want to develope clone of Metastock .Please give suggestions

Hi Everybody,

We have started developing an application which will be a clone of Metastock.But we are not sure about
the specifications.Right now it will be an end of day copy (Bhavcopy) analyzer.I am not an expert analyzer.
We need suggestions people.Please brain storm your ideas what you need in your dream trading software.
If you find any defeciency in current softwares please mention your idea.Then we may finalize the specs
for version 1.0 and proceed to do it.

Thanks.

I don’t know if this thread is still relevant, but still since it pertains to the software development therefore I am posting here. Did anything come out of this effort? I have developed a small utility which checks and gives the P/E ratio, EPS, Sales for nearly all the companies listed on BSE. Now all the data is ready in excel format, which I can give if someone wishes for.
I am not a software engineer, so this utility is pretty crude and takes long time to retrieve the data. My question is, is there any other utility which does the same? I am more interested in fundamentals.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

bunny

Hi guys,
Dropping my reply since just in case this thread is still active.

From my experience, its very difficult to have a extra-smooth running charting core - the algorithms that actually generates the charts. Luckily, I have found a company(www.ChartDirector.com) that supplies its sophisticated charting core with source code in various languages(PHP, Java, C, C++, ASP, etc.) and also allows licensing and re-branding. The charts generated are exactly same to thos generated by www.icharts.in.

Why should we reinvent the entire wheel? We can obtain the readymade core tailor the "surface fittings" for it ourself. It will be very easy, less time-consuming and very less chance of having errors since the other company has already done lot of testing and debugging on it, and also the software core is used worldwide!

SaravananKS

HI, Guys

Development of Software utility which one such as meta stock or amibroker is not a easy task as it is discussed in this forum. As Software devleoper for past 15 Years. it will require atleast 15 to 20 man years.

still if any one can give some innovative ideas or methods which is not available in any software tool which are currently availble in market then it would be great idea!!!

Regards
KSS

Re: Traderji, please consider these suggestions

I don't mind starting a software developers forum where like minded software programmers can get together and work on a technical analysis program on a common programming platform (like c++, visual basic, etc).

If there are any programmers who will be willing to work on this project can post their replies here or pm me.

As for eod stock market data I understand that one has to subscribe to the database service from the exchanges?? Does some one know more on this?
I found this forum in one searches for data of international exchanges. I found it interesting and registered. As you mentioned most of the exchanges charge a fee for data and such data is provided by third party vendors. I have collected data (only eod) from BSE/NSE for last one year. there are some other exchanges like hong kong, nasdaq, NYSE which is also available free. Othe sources (which are free) i am trying to locate.