Shubha RT plugin for Amibroker now launched

mmca2006

Shubha RT plugin for Amibroker provides Real-Time streaming quotes from RTD-compliant data sources. As RTD real-time streaming varies from source to source and each data vendor using its own format / methods / different implementation, it’s a generic plugin. It can work with any RTD server. Application can provide data in tick format and various intervals starting from 1 second. Application can be configured to refresh data from 500 milliseconds to 60 seconds.
It’s comes with presets for NOW and NEST terminals. One can easily configure it for any other RTD server. You can also add more fields to pull any extra data. There is no restriction on no. of symbols to pull data or refresh rate. The symbols may be limited by your data provider or broker. The refresh performance depends on your trading terminal, hardware configuration, internet bandwidth and many other factors. The backfill can be done thru google IEOD data which is available with Shubha downloader.
As usual the plugin is free for life, it’s released under GNU GPL V3 License. There is one time cost of Rs. 500 or USD 10. This is to compensate costs for certification & third party testing of application.
All details are here. http://shubhalabha.in/products-2/shubha-rt-amibroker/
@Mods:There is no money making idea behind this plugin.
@ members Please feel free to use it.
Please use this thread for any Q&A and report bugs.
Can you provide us a PDF help file for Shubha RT downloader.:)

mrkanitkar

Forget HFT, a delay of 3-4 seconds even for simple breakout strategies will be of no use. So unless this delay thing is taken care of, I don't know how anybody can use this plugin for live trading? As for chart setting in Amibroker, I know that itself is not the issue, as I have set it to refresh every 1 second.

Are you using csv files as the database for AB? maybe that is reason for the delay?
We appreciate your feedback. Let me reiterate this plugin is designed to help retail trader, who uses broadband connection and trades on 1 min, 5 min, 15min, 30 min and more interval. It provides tick data in real time but definitely will not suite HFT (high frequency trading) needs. HFT needs data of interval less than 100 milliseconds refresh rate. We checked it thoroughly there is no delay. We believe it's great product to use. There are already 116+ deployments in production for a month. If it does not suit your particular requirement no issues. The utility is free and a contribution to community. There is no moneymaking idea behind it. We will continue release new versions with more features of this utility.

We are not using csv as db to AMI. We write data in csv when it comes from RTD server and we give it to AMI as and when AMI requests.

Vertigo_1985

MR Kanitkar
What are the software requirements for RT plugin?
First excel is a requirement or not for plugin. Video tells the procedure for getting symbol names from excel. That can be done with excel 2007 also.
Is msexcel 2010 is a must? or excel2007 is sufficient as it works with rtd of nest and now for josh utility?
Second symbol name.
It uses symbol name as it appears in rtd. But this will be a problem for using continuos contracts line near month contracts ie NIFTY-I as amibroker treats symbols as per the rtd in present case. There should be provision for alias in plugin configuration.
it's giving error with office 2007 ...try office 2010..

mrkanitkar

MR Kanitkar
What are the software requirements for RT plugin?
First excel is a requirement or not for plugin. Video tells the procedure for getting symbol names from excel. That can be done with excel 2007 also.
Is msexcel 2010 is a must? or excel2007 is sufficient as it works with rtd of nest and now for josh utility?
Second symbol name.
It uses symbol name as it appears in rtd. But this will be a problem for using continuos contracts line near month contracts ie NIFTY-I as amibroker treats symbols as per the rtd in present case. There should be provision for alias in plugin configuration.
Requirements are windows XP SP3 onwards, Office 2010 onwards.
It just usual xls libs are not excel.
We will make excel 2007 compatible next week. I will check options on symbol name.
Our use case is user may merge symbols using Amibroker symbol merge.
So we did not thought of alias. Let me check with product team.

GTji

We appreciate your feedback. Let me reiterate this plugin is designed to help retail trader, who uses broadband connection and trades on 1 min, 5 min, 15min, 30 min and more interval. It provides tick data in real time but definitely will not suite HFT (high frequency trading) needs. HFT needs data of interval less than 100 milliseconds refresh rate. We checked it thoroughly there is no delay. We believe it's great product to use. There are already 116+ deployments in production for a month. If it does not suit your particular requirement no issues. The utility is free and a contribution to community. There is no moneymaking idea behind it. We will continue release new versions with more features of this utility.

We are not using csv as db to AMI. We write data in csv when it comes from RTD server and we give it to AMI as and when AMI requests.
I appreciate the fact that the utility is free and its your contribution to the community:thumb:. Hopefully in future versions you will be able to take care of the issue that I am talking about.