Shubha RT plugin for Amibroker now launched

GTji

@Vertigo_1985
It's excel 2010 error. We have used office 2010/ excel 2010 based libs.
It will need excel 2010 or 2012 onwards app installed.

@GTji
If you open quote editor, we will find app receiving quotes as and when it gets from terminal. App sends request to terminal after every 1 second (or depends on your config), terminal RTD server returns data, app checks if there is change in LTT it saves it to file and sends to AMI. If it does not find any change, it does not save data and so does not send to Amibroker.

If you have long list of symbols to get data from RTD, it may take more time as RTD server does not accept parallel connections and delivers data only in sequence. RTD server is part of NEST and not under our control.
You can compare this with simple excel with refresh rate of 1 second (or 3,5 secs) and write data to any txt file, you will find same results.
I use Excel to connect the data from NOW to Amibroker, with 55 scrips and the delay is 0.5 to 1 second, refresh rate is 0.5 seconds in excel, and it hardly shows 2-3% of CPU usage in the task manager (Now and Excel combined).

Vertigo_1985

@Vertigo_1985
It's excel 2010 error. We have used office 2010/ excel 2010 based libs.
It will need excel 2010 or 2012 onwards app installed.
u mean 2007 ? would just update help or have to install whole thing again ?

I use Excel to connect the data from NOW to Amibroker, with 55 scrips and the delay is 0.5 to 1 second, refresh rate is 0.5 seconds in excel, and it hardly shows 2-3% of CPU usage in the task manager (Now and Excel combined).
how much CPU usage u got with it ?mine was consistently above 50 %, can't use like that..

mrkanitkar

I am saying if you call save data from xls to a file (after every 0.5 second or 1 sec) and check LTT printed in file, result will be same.

mrkanitkar

u mean 2007 ? would just update help or have to install whole thing again ?

how much CPU usage u got with it ?mine was consistently above 50 %, can't use like that..
Yes, it's typo. It's 2007 error. cpu usage in Amibroker or it's from Shubha RT beta? I think you were saying it's from Shubha RT beta.

kaly422000

May I know which version you are working with? If it's stable version, there are absolutely no issues. We have more than 5000 installations live.
If you are using dotnet version, it's running beta. Activation is not problem there for valid email ids.
in stable version link there is no link for dnload. pls chek

GTji

I am saying if you call save data from xls to a file (after every 0.5 second or 1 sec) and check LTT printed in file, result will be same.
The point is that there is a delay in the data which goes from NOW to AB with the RTD plugin. The data file might later show the timestamp to be exactly same but in live trading a delay of 3-4 second (that too with only 3 scrips) is obviously unacceptable....Is the delay due to the fact that you are not using AB database to save the data?

With Excel, I get a delay of hardly 0.5-1 secs. I was hoping your plugin would not have even that much delay.

mrkanitkar

The point is that there is a delay in the data which goes from NOW to AB with the RTD plugin. The data file might later show the timestamp to be exactly same but in live trading a delay of 3-4 second (that too with only 3 scrips) is obviously unacceptable....Is the delay due to the fact that you are not using AB database to save the data?

With Excel, I get a delay of hardly 0.5-1 secs. I was hoping your plugin would not have even that much delay.
One can check data file live in notepad++ live. It's updated immediately data received from RTD. There is no delay.(we tested on I7 processor, 8 GB ram machine). Data can not later print old time stamp as file gets written every second. We do not write every quote coming from RTD if LTT is not changed. Data is send to AMi based on chart refresh set by user in AMI.
I agree that data should be faster than 0.5 milliseconds for HFT.

This plugin is designed to help retail trader, who uses broadband connection and trades on 1 min, 5 min, 15min, 30 min and more interval. It provides tick data in real time but definitely will not suite HFT (high frequency trading) needs. HFT needs data of interval less than 100 milliseconds refresh rate.

HFT traders typically hold position from 1 sec to 5 min. max.

Thanks for providing your input.
BTW, which tool/utility/method you are using to connect NOW -> Excel -> Amibroker.
Please provide the link, if any.
Thanks