ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

i just installed chartsdata.... i m able to see only one scrip in the utility even after having 2 scrips in odin watch... i have also made the changes required for rt data...symbol, ser/exp ....till option type

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Iam using the "limited version " since last few monthswith Amibroker.Though there is no problem in rt data Iam getting a " Run Time Eror 6 - Overflow " message while using odin backfill. Iam using Angel Diet 9.1.0.6. Ihave gone through the Help file but I did't find any solution. pl advise

Dear Mahesh,

Please find ChartsData.chm help file in the chartsdata installation directory or press F1/Help link to open the file - where you can find the database settings for Amibroker and how to configure ODIN to export data to Amibroker.

Please check and get back for any issues.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan
Loganatha,

I have tested ur software seems ok, but you are only providing ohlc & volume from ODIN, is it possible for u to provide all the fields that are selected in marketwatch to Ami.

Thanks
WK

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Ami, Mstock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Dear dmshah27,

Either Amibroker database configuration was not done properly or may have other issues - please refer chartsdata help file ChartsData.chm (press F1 or click Help link) to ensure database settings and column preferences.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

its not refreshing the values in ami

Dear Chirag Vyas,

You can use ODIN Backfill option to backfill Nifty future and all Nse/Bse F&O scripts. Yes, you can get whole day intra-day data backfilled to Amibroker even-though you can't be available during trading hours.

Procedure to use ODIN Backfill: (backfill todays NSE/BSE/MCX/NCDEX/NSE F&O/BSE F&O)
1. In ODIN, right click on any script and you can see an option named "Intraday Charts" with Ctrl+I as hot key. - Select this and you can view the chart starting from 9am.
2. During this time, a data file will be saved at C:\ODIN\Diet\Chartdata in the format YYMMDD<<code>>N-I.dat or YYMMDD<<code>>.dat
3. Note down the file name for the script you opened.
4. In ChartsData, click ODIN Backfill option and you can see the same filename listed (if your ODIN Chartdata folder is different, change it at the top of the window)
5. Give corresponding script name (use the same script name as in your TA charts else a new script will be created) for the ODIN file you noted above and click UPDATE (during this time, your TA should be in updated mode)

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Hi Techdump,

First of all thanx........for this gr8 software..

I have downloaded your software but how can i import historical intraday data for nifty future using your software.

i am importing data from odin diet to amibroker, but cant able to get whole intraday data?? how can i do this??

NOTE: i cant do trading whole time.. so i be with trading for 2/3 hours a day??

Thanx in advance.

Chirag Vyas

Dear Bhaskar,

The .MWC files are not the actual data but reference the data and the .MWC stores the information that is applied to the security when opened. This file will be created once you opened a chart in metastock with data (*.dat like F1.dat (Script1), F2.dat (Script2) etc) files.

Open Metastock in offline mode -> goto C:\ChartsData\MSData\MinuteData folder -> select script (like Script1, Script2 etc) and open. Once the chart was opened, you can see .MWC file created inside MinuteData folder.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

hi TD,

Thanx a lot fr this exlnt sw.

I'm using odin diet + MS9

In my case the installation & Operation is smooth. But after updating MSdata folder>minutedata showing only 5 files, namely emaster, master, f1,f2,f3.dat. I thnk to open a chart in MS we need some files with .mwc extension, but there is nothing of that short in the folders.......pls advise

Dear Rao,

This might have happened due to corrupt or nonavailability of required files.

1. Go to chartsdata installation folder (probably, C:\Program Files\ChartsData)
2. Delete CustomNames.txt, if present
3. Make sure the *.dat file mentioned in Custom Symbol Naming dialog appears in C:\ODIN\Diet\Chartdata
4. Do the backfill

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

[/IMhttp://img59.imageshack.us/i/chartsdata.png/G]

Dear Ashish,

Don't leave blank row's in-between two scripts i.e data should be in first two rows of ODIN Diet else you will not get the required.

Data's from the first two rows will be taken in to account for limited version.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

i just installed chartsdata.... i m able to see only one scrip in the utility even after having 2 scrips in odin watch... i have also made the changes required for rt data...symbol, ser/exp ....till option type

Dear Rao,

This might have happened due to corrupt or nonavailability of required files.

1. Go to chartsdata installation folder (probably, C:\Program Files\ChartsData)
2. Delete CustomNames.txt, if present
3. Make sure the *.dat file mentioned in Custom Symbol Naming dialog appears in C:\ODIN\Diet\Chartdata
4. Do the backfill

If problem persists, please mail me your teamviewer id/pass to connect online and trace issues.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Iam using the "limited version " since last few monthswith Amibroker.Though there is no problem in rt data Iam getting a " Run Time Eror 6 - Overflow " message while using odin backfill. Iam using Angel Diet 9.1.0.6. Ihave gone through the Help file but I did't find any solution. pl advise