Intraday trading

I don't remember what you wrote in TSO's thread but what happens on my terminal is that, after a disconnection, new candles are not formed.

If there was a disconnection at, say, 11:10am and reconnection at 11:11am, then the last candle on the chart shows 11:10 am only. Any price movements there on are in that one candle only.
Ok, so that's pretty disturbing, although I'm not sure if I've necessarily experienced it but sometimes, when I load chart of an instrument, it shows only one massive candle on the entire chart-window but I think subsequent candles start forming once we click on "Show Recent Candles" (which is what you'd suggested to me a couple of days ago on TSO's thread), although I'm not sure whether the time on the candles remains the same or not.

By the way, I'm trying to get charts to work in Finvasia's NOW but it either keeps asking me for Nest Plus for ID & Password (which I haven't received from Finvasia) or says "Configuration error, please restart nest plus". How to deal with this issue? I've not tried to meddle with Nest Plus installation since I don't want to accidentally mess up charts on TSO's Nest as well, if both are somehow connected to each other.

Yes, that "big candle" problem comes sometimes. So one can't really do much critical work with TSO's nest charts.

Finvasia NOW ?? You mean it is an option like Fyers One or Fyers Web or NOW or Nest ??

Finvasia is providing, either NSE NOW or NEST as trading terminal
While NSE NOW is free for NSE based equity and F&O, but NEST is chargeable for NSE.
But I thought they used different databases, so if you registered for Nest, you couldn't log into NOW without migrating to it ??

By the way, I'm trying to get charts to work in Finvasia's NOW but it either keeps asking me for Nest Plus for ID & Password (which I haven't received from Finvasia) or says "Configuration error, please restart nest plus". How to deal with this issue? I've not tried to meddle with Nest Plus installation since I don't want to accidentally mess up charts on TSO's Nest as well, if both are somehow connected to each other.
"Configuration error, please restart nest plus".
means you are not log into NestPlus, so login to NestPlus.

As the two NestPlus are not interlinked, you can used both separately.

But I thought they used different databases, so if you registered for Nest, you couldn't log into NOW without migrating to it ??
Yes, you can use/install either or NOW or NEST and not both at a time. They wont even allow to install both at a time, if you say them that you will use one at a time only, as some issue with RMS.

Ok, so I registered but it won't log in. So, I called up Finvasia support, & they said that they don't provide NestPlus for NOW. Do Zerodha & other brokers provide NestPlus for NOW? Sorry, it might seem like a stupid query but since I'm on Linux OS, I've mostly relied on Kite (& Z5 before Kite was introduced), so I'm pretty new to Nest, Now & other Windows-based software-platforms.

As for today's trading, it was a gloomy day to begin with as the trades that I took hit SLs multiple times while the trades that I didn't take went on to be profitable, & at one point I was thinking that I should be satisfied with a breakeven-day today but then, I saw another juicy trade, & decided to give it one last go & made 4k on it (although probably should've gotten another 2k or so on it).

Sorry, not using NOW since a long time, so do not know. Though Z is providing NOW, but they too are reluctant for NOW
You may check omnesys website, if they provide you pw for NestPlus to use with NOW. Previously they were doing it, but perhaps they have discontinued it at present.

Another tough day, just like yesterday, a lot of SLs hit & the trades that I missed taking went on to be profitable, & today was worse than yesterday; at one point, I was thinking that I was going to have my first losing day in more than a month. In any case, still managed to finish in the positive, although having taken so many trades today, most of the profit will be deducted for costs, with only a little bit of profit going into my pocket. :(

I wonder what's going on with southpaw. I hope everything is well with him.

upload photo album online