Intraday trading

on an averge i target 5-10k per day(with 2-3 trades per day)
yesterday was a monster day with 30k.
Do you hit your target on most days? I aim for 3-5k per day trading stock-futures, I hit it on most days & occasionally exceed it. I could potentially make more if I traded more since I see many more signals on my strategy than what I actually end up trading, & this is because I stop trading once I've met my target (& occasionally, if I LOSE 3-5k then I get back to break-even for the day & then stop trading but such days have been EXTREMELY rare, & I almost always hit my daily target); so, if the first trade I take in the morning gets enough profit for the day then I stop right there; so, on the present strategy, on most days, I'm done trading within half an hour to an hour after the start of the NSE trading-session. I think this helps me keep my greed in check (which I believe is very important as a trader)

I'd also like to know which broker you're using, & how satisfied you're with their services in general, & whether they have a good platform for day-trading.

I average about 2-3 trades per day but just one trade today & it hit my daily target, so I stopped trading by 9:31 a.m. itself.

easy picture upload

southpaw

Do you hit your target on most days? I aim for 3-5k per day trading stock-futures, I hit it on most days & occasionally exceed it. I could potentially make more if I traded more since I see many more signals on my strategy than what I actually end up trading, & this is because I stop trading once I've met my target (& occasionally, if I LOSE 3-5k then I get back to break-even for the day & then stop trading but such days have been EXTREMELY rare, & I almost always hit my daily target); so, if the first trade I take in the morning gets enough profit for the day then I stop right there; so, on the present strategy, on most days, I'm done trading within half an hour to an hour after the start of the NSE trading-session. I think this helps me keep my greed in check (which I believe is very important as a trader)

I'd also like to know which broker you're using, & how satisfied you're with their services in general, & whether they have a good platform for day-trading.

I average about 2-3 trades per day but just one trade today & it hit my daily target, so I stopped trading by 9:31 a.m. itself.

easy picture upload
very nice. i also trade very similar to you. morning and afternoon session.
right now using zerodha. but they have issues once a while like today morning their equity orders froze.luckily i was done for the monring session.
if i lose -5k i stop trading .
risk in any trade usually is never more than 1.5-2k.

very nice. i also trade very similar to you. morning and afternoon session.
right now using zerodha. but they have issues once a while like today morning their equity orders froze.luckily i was done for the monring session.
if i lose -5k i stop trading .
risk in any trade usually is never more than 1.5-2k.
Nice. Right, Zerodha has been my main broker for years, & while I kept ignoring their flaws in early years, even after all of these tears, they seem to be having problems far more often than they should, which is a bit disappointing for me. I almost always use Kite but because I've been looking for a broker with a more stable system, this month I've been trading with Tradesmartonline since they gave me an offer to trade brokerage-free for the month of October, & their Nest hasn't had any problems so far. Fyers' web-platform looks good but not yet sure about stability.
Right, that's good, a loss of 5k is also the cut-off area for me but that's rare enough for me to give myself a leeway of another thousand or two IF I see a REALLY GOOD setup, & I get as close to break-even for the day as possible. Generally, I end up risking anywhere from 500 to 2k on any given trade, depending on the setup but always aim for TP of at least 4k or more. The similarities between our money-management strategies are a little eerie. :D