internet connection-reliance forced to upgrade to 4g

vijkris

Learner and Follower
From reviews that I read Docomo 3g usb dongle is compatible with TP link, and for D-link one has to use D-link 3g usb modem. It does'nt have a slot for sim.
u have to check for the usb modem compatibility list in their respective websites.
TP link is compatible with many models. dlink less compatible. mostly all huawei usb modems are compatible with both routers.

Verde

I have a mtnl connection which at times drops, so if I buy one of these Routers,
connect the ADSL line to it, and also a usb dongle, airtel, Docomo etc, will I get uninterrupted net connection as
claimed by the manufacturer.
search the net, it can be done from software

At Last Reliance local store have recd some Wipods. Sent my my nephew to fetch one after getting activated.

Hopefully by evening I may have 4g connection. :D
Be careful of the tariff plan as Reliance 4G tariff is expensive.Take a plan based on your average monthly consumption else you will be paying extra unnecessarily.

I made that mistake but now I have changed my plan to a 2GB monthly plan @Rs 500 plus taxes) and I use it only for trading on my trading terminal.For net surfing ,TJ etc there is Hathway on another computer which I have large limit and about Rs 1000 pm charges.

ST

pakatil

I think, I have made fool of myself in this 4g upgrade.

I got 4g sim from Reliance local store and registered online. Since Store did not have stock of Wipods, I waited, waited, and waited for 6 weeks.

Now Local Store has got stock and now store guy telling funny things.

That Wipod costs 1700 for post paid and 2600 for prepaid customers.

Since I registered online for 4g upgrade cost to me is 3200.

Online Price for me is 1900. Hence I am forced to buy online. Delivery is supposed to be 10 days.

God knows, when will I get 4g connection.

Ultimately RCom will force me to surrender connection and get rid of them....:D

I thought that the existing users were getting the 4G upgrade at existing 3g/CDMA plans. Anyway, I have been using the net through cybercafes since last 3-4 days. Am out of Surat so can't anyway do anything about the upgrade for another 2 weeks. Now maybe I'll get Idea 3g connection for the interim (1GB/80Rs, topup 5GB 655) and use it through some kind of open dongle.
Be careful of the tariff plan as Reliance 4G tariff is expensive.Take a plan based on your average monthly consumption else you will be paying extra unnecessarily.

I made that mistake but now I have changed my plan to a 2GB monthly plan @Rs 500 plus taxes) and I use it only for trading on my trading terminal.For net surfing ,TJ etc there is Hathway on another computer which I have large limit and about Rs 1000 pm charges.

ST
I think, I have made fool of myself in this 4g upgrade.

I got 4g sim from Reliance local store and registered online. Since Store did not have stock of Wipods, I waited, waited, and waited for 6 weeks.

Now Local Store has got stock and now store guy telling funny things.

That Wipod costs 1700 for post paid and 2600 for prepaid customers.

Since I registered online for 4g upgrade cost to me is 3200.

Online Price for me is 1900. Hence I am forced to buy online. Delivery is supposed to be 10 days.

God knows, when will I get 4g connection.

Ultimately RCom will force me to surrender connection and get rid of them....:D

pakatil

Any one using RCom Wipod. If Yes how much You paid for that.

Is that a stand alone gadget or needs laptop like cdma dongle.

Looks no Battery charger is bundled with that. Then how to charge that...?

The wipod comes with a battery charger. I had earlier posted a picture of the wipod that I received Free of charge in place of my CDMA dongle. Request the other members to state if their wipod looks similar.

Anyway, mine has now stopped working and will check out the next step when i return to my home circle.
Am in Surat today. Went to Reliance store and got a new 4G dongle in replacement of the old 3g dongle. It is basically a wifi hotspot.

It doesn't go through the ZTE software so can't see the upload download speed. But speedtest.net shows the following :

Usually everything works better in Surat. So the real test will come when in Delhi.

But thank God there is no ladfa of a sim and data pod etc. at present.

I am using it.I was Reliance postpaid customer so I got it for some Rs 900 .

It is a stand alone unit which can be taken outside and you get internet connection through WiFi anywhere.

It gets charged through our mobile charger. My Sony smartphone charger fits pretty well for this WiPod.

Smart_trade