internet connection-reliance forced to upgrade to 4g

vijkris

Learner and Follower
CDMA stopped from July 7th.

4g Sim not activated.

RCom has the audacity to generate the bill for 14th Jul to 13th Aug.

I think it is high time to surrender the connection.

Why Pay for a service that is never provided......:D
So, without activating the sim, how much data did u use according to rcom? :D

SevenD

Was surfing for routers and came across these two brands D-Link and TP Link that could be a boon for
traders who have internet issues. These have three inputs, you could connect your ADSL line RG11(MTNL OR BSNL), or
connect your cable connection-RG45, or your USB Dongle as standby, thus you have continous internet should the other fail.
Amazon and Flipkart have these, cost is approx 2000/-

TP-Link: TD-W8968 N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Router
D-Link: DSL-2750U Wireless Router
There could be other brands too, please check, if interested.

Please do read on these, also read the reviews, regarding the wireless coverage, cause what works for Tom, may not work for Harry

SevenD

I have been using TP-Link TD-W8951 and D-Link DSL-2730u since ages. :D
The model Nos I mentioned and ones your're using are different. If you are using both these and if it has mulitiple input facility,
then I require some feedback from you, since I paln on buying one of these Modem Router.
I have a mtnl connection which at times drops, so if I buy one of these Routers,
connect the ADSL line to it, and also a usb dongle, airtel, Docomo etc, will I get uninterrupted net connection as
claimed by the manufacturer. I am just looking at a auto backup net connection from
any one of the two input sources MTNL or the USB Dongle..

vijkris

Learner and Follower
The model Nos I mentioned and ones your're using are different. If you are using both these and if it has mulitiple input facility,
then I require some feedback from you, since I paln on buying one of these Modem Router.
I have a mtnl connection which at times drops, so if I buy one of these Routers,
connect the ADSL line to it, and also a usb dongle, airtel, Docomo etc, will I get uninterrupted net connection as
claimed by the manufacturer. I am just looking at a auto backup net connection from
any one of the two input sources MTNL or the USB Dongle..
1st confirm whether your usb modem model is supported by the router or not.
I have dlink dwr 111 wifi router with usb dongle input also.
but only my old reliance cdma used to be detected, not the iball 3g modem.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Do these routers accept a sim card or a dongle is necessary ?
dongle is necessary. sim has to be inserted in the dongle. dongle inserted in the router alongside cable/other wired net connection.