Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

Is this the beginning of a new bull market ?
After the recent rally and resilience seen in our market , the question in everyone's mind is " are we witnessing a new bull market? ". Without a second thought my answer would be NO. I would call this a minor correction within a secondary bear market which is still within a primary bull market. This might sound confusing but let me elaborate this further. Bull market which started in 2001 saw its peak in 2008 giving returns of close to 650 % in a span of 7 years. Then we saw the collapse which erased more than 50 % of its gains. This was the start of the bear market within an underlying multi-year bull market which started in 2001. Subsequently the upward rally what we have witnessed thereafter could be termed as correction within this bear market especially since the previous high of 6357 was not taken out in the rally witnessed in 2009-2010.

Now this is where technical analysis comes in handy , as to what the future direction is going to look like. Before we resume the next leg of the power bull market rally which started in 2001, which could take us all the way to 12,350 within a period of next 6-7 years, there is pending correction which could be quite painful. This correction will be quite sharp and I dont want to put out numbers here, since that could be quite disturbing at this moment and I dont want to receive flack from other members since this is my first analytical post in this thread.

Now coming to the short to medium term. This minor correction , we are witnessing within this bear market rally has a decent resistance placed close to 5380 area since the falling trendline between 6336 and 5630 comes in close to this area. If this is tackled successfully then the next resistance is placed at 5446 and 5505 and nifty is expected to top out somewhere in this range. In case there is some liquidity gush and if nifty is pushed through the barrier at 5630 then the market will eventually top out close to 5850-5950 before the deep correction begins. The more the market goes up from here, much deeper will be the correction ahead. Picking the top from here on and having a short position in place at the right time will definitely be a delight for the bears. That's it for now. Have a wonderful weekend.
Thanks for starting the thread Prada. Based on your analysis, what do you believe a short term trader should do? Take up longs in nifty future for a target of 5460 from here on or open a short for a target of 5200 as a top might be in place already?

Why do we backfill data to read charts? The more the historical data available, the more easier it is to analyse the future trends. Hope you have heard of Kondratiev cycles, super cycles etc. which are 45 years and 70 year cycles? Please read my post completely and then let us discuss. Looks like you haven't read the last para which talks about the short to medium term.
But we don't trade the past... I am sure you are experienced enough to know that historical data is a basis for making assumptions for any trade we might take.

The last level that bulls found value and decided to act aggressively... is now assumed to be a support. How far do you want to go to know that level...?

Last 2 years is more than enough.

prada

I feel it is time to start booking profits in nifty on a rally from here. If one is long, then we can have a trailing stoploss at 5347 and close the positions around 5430-5450. If one is having a close watch on the volumes in SP 500, it is moving higher on pitiable volumes which indicates we are losing steam. Markets cannot move higher on hopes alone. Trend reversal is on the cards and it is better to stay on the sidelines with sufficient cash and margin. It is a matter of time before we plunge into the market decisively. Market updates will be posted regularly to help you'll take suitable positions.

Happy Independence Day to All!

PraDa

Thanks for starting the thread Prada. Based on your analysis, what do you believe a short term trader should do? Take up longs in nifty future for a target of 5460 from here on or open a short for a target of 5200 as a top might be in place already?

Last edited:

prada

Nifty Low of 850 made in September 2001 is considered as the origin point of the multi-year bull market. Guys please do your own research before posting your queries. It is difficult for me to answer your queries individually.

P.S: 1991? BTW, nifty was launched in 1995 with a base level of 1000.

I think Indian were bullish from 1991 itself... and 2008-2009 were bear market

how does the year 2000 comes in to picture ?

DanPickUp

I feel it is time to start booking profits in nifty on a rally from here. If one is long, then we can have a trailing stoploss at 5347 and close the positions around 5430-5450. If one is having a close watch on the volumes in SP 500, it is moving higher on pitiable volumes which indicates we are losing steam. Markets cannot move higher on hopes alone. Trend reversal is on the cards and it is better to stay on the sidelines with sufficient cash and margin. It is a matter of time before we plunge into the market decisively. Market updates will be posted regularly to help you'll take suitable positions.

Happy Independence Day to All!

PraDa
Hi Dear PraDa

I think it would be nice to have some more information about you as a person or as a trader, as you show of here as a king which seems to be the forecast guru of Nifty.

If I missed any of your proving post's in the past, please lead me there with just a link.

Please do not try to fool us with some kind of stupid post, as we all respect the best real live traders around here. No matter what kind of prediction tool she/he uses.

Good trading

DanPickUp

prada

Please go through the rules(point no.3) of the thread.

Hi Dear PraDa

I think it would be nice to have some more information about you as a person or as a trader, as you show of here as a king which seems to be the forecast guru of Nifty.

If I missed any of your proving post's in the past, please lead me there with just a link.

Please do not try to fool us with some kind of stupid post, as we all respect the best real live traders around here. No matter what kind of prediction tool she/he uses.

Good trading

DanPickUp

Mr Prada is looking quite bearish for indian market. I am not a good technical analyst but investing with a view of Long Term and I am looking mainly to nifty PE. When infty was peak out at 6347 (Jan 2008) nifty pe ratio was around 28. again when nifty peak out at 6338.5 (Nov 2010) nifty pe ratio was 25.59. it means in two year nifty pe ratio is decrees by 2.5 point at almost same level of nifty.

Now come to present: Nifty is trading at 5380 with pe ratio of 17.88. Nifty always peak-out above 23 PE. now NIfty PE at 23 correspond at 6921, if Peak make at 25 pe than nifty will be 7635 and if nifty PE make peak at 28 pe than nifty will be at 8551.

now come to the bottom : Nifty makes bottom around 10-11 Nifty PE. so the corresponding nifty 11 pe calculated aroung 3310.

So my view is if market remain trading between 4500-5700 range for more months in future than bottom come on upper side and top is going far away.

so since last one year market is just consolidating around this level and we may see above 8000 level in 2014-15.

Last edited:
Well, predicting market movement is not easy. Traders need triggers to enter and exit and such analysis helps them in this regard. I feel, very few remain invested for a long time and the urge to cash in or exit from the losses spur their movements. So medium term outlook should suggest our trading moves.

I am basically interested in cashing in a little, if possible, every month. My goal is to get a return on my investment in the range of 25-30% annualised. With this aim, what could be your suggestion? I trade in small lots, both infutures as well as options. I am pesently trading with bearish trend in mind but presently in loss past 5269 in August futures. Any technical indicators to help me whther I should stay put or exit?

Thanks and regards