NSE Changes Nifty Bank Expiry Day to Friday for Future and Options Contracts

The National Stock Exchange of India (NSE India) has announced a major change in the expiry cycle of Nifty Bank's F&O contracts. Starting from July 7, 2023, the expiry day for Nifty Bank contracts will be shifted from Thursday to Friday. This adjustment aims to provide traders with more time to analyze market conditions, manage risks effectively, and reduce weekend risks. The first Friday expiry under the new system will occur on July 14, 2023. This change aligns with the recent decision by the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) to introduce Friday as the expiry day for weekly options contracts in the Sensex and Bankex contracts.

Seems like the exchange is finally making efforts to improve trading experience of traders/investors by introducing new options & adjusting expiry days.

Overall if i see, this change seems beneficial for traders. Provides them with more opportunities to trade, manage risks effectively & take advantage of market conditions. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in practice.

I wonder what other brokers and experts in the industry think about this change. It would be interesting to hear their perspectives. Phew!

I wonder what other brokers and experts in the industry think about this change. It would be interesting to hear their perspectives. Phew!
Read in some article where MD of Shoonya, Sarvjeet Virk, mentioned that this change will provide customers with more time to trade, assess market conditions, and manage risks effectively before the expiry.

Read in some article where MD of Shoonya, Sarvjeet Virk, mentioned that this change will provide customers with more time to trade, assess market conditions, and manage risks effectively before the expiry.
Umm ya! That makes sense. Giving traders additional time can be pretty beneficial, especially when it comes to making informed decisions in this volatile market.

Moreover, all brokers might need to analyze how this change will affect market liquidity and trading volumes in Nifty Bank Future and Options contracts.

This change might require brokers to update their systems and inform their clients about the revised expiry day to avoid any confusion or disruption in trading activities. It's good that the Shoonya team informed on their social channels.