Experts, Pls help..!!

jallanankit

Adding more to wat i have already said..

If the same system logic..without tweaking any of the parameters can apply and produce profitable results to 5 different stocks from different sectors, I believe the system logic holds good and is far away from being called a curve fitted system and the backtests reports as just being interpolated figures.... Pls correct me guys if I am wrong anywhere..

rh6996

Dont think Mutual Funds would trade on 5 minutes chart!
Set up 5 computers in your office and hire 5 people to trade the system seeing the charts! Or better still learn Algo, build this strategy into Algo and let the computers "print" money for you!
Its not as simple as you make it sound Ankit , neither the trading nor the "selling the system" part !
There is usually no parity in the Back test /paper trading report and 'actual' trading results!
All the best Ankit ! Do update what you actually decide to do.

rh6996

Wow! I read your post more seriously ! I withdraw all my comments ! My God 15 crores!

Why should one sell a Hen that lays Golden eggs?

Dont get carried away and loose your mind ! People have gone into depression when things much smaller than this dont click as per their desire, so do take extra care. I am not ridiculing you, but genuinely feel this need extra care! Do discuss with your family, you will need their support 'if' this 15 crore plan does not take off!

jallanankit

Wow! I read your post more seriously ! I withdraw all my comments ! My God 15 crores!

Why should one sell a Hen that lays Golden eggs?

Dont get carried away and loose your mind ! People have gone into depression when things much smaller than this dont click as per their desire, so do take extra care. I am not ridiculing you, but genuinely feel this need extra care! Do discuss with your family, you will need their support 'if' this 15 crore plan does not take off!
I understand things will not be so easy.. but I still wanna try..

Dont think Mutual Funds would trade on 5 minutes chart!
Set up 5 computers in your office and hire 5 people to trade the system seeing the charts! Or better still learn Algo, build this strategy into Algo and let the computers "print" money for you!
Its not as simple as you make it sound Ankit , neither the trading nor the "selling the system" part !
There is usually no parity in the Back test /paper trading report and 'actual' trading results!
All the best Ankit ! Do update what you actually decide to do.
The reason behind selling the system is i dont have that amount of money to invest today

jallanankit

Any one knows if any such system has been sold.. If so, where can i get the details on the same..

DSM

Jallanankit, Just came across this thread, and don't want to discourage you. Backtested reports showing great gains can he had by the dozen by tweaking the system till it gives an optimal output - You spoke of curve fitting, and yes, that seems to be what is happening, or possibly, you may have made assumptions (regards slippages, or considered optimal entry) that would have shown great results in test, but may not hold in reality.

If not, maybe you have discovered a magic formula to make this amount of money. Accepting that, stop analysis and just take your perfomance report and speak to a few brokers/fund managers. Stop living in a virtual world and take a tour of the real world - walk down Dalal street and speak to the pros with years of wisdom. Maybe you will be laughed off. Or maybe not. You will never know unless you try. And you will also regret if you don't try. So give your AFL/System a shot. If it works out, good for you. If not, welcome to the real world. I sincerely wish you success in your endeavor.

Go for it dude. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

BTW, comments are invited from experts, so am not qualified to respond. But just hope my advise will be something that you can make use of. Good luck to you. And if you do succeed (as I hope you do) do remember to give me a ride in your Ferrari.

rh6996

Jallanankit, Just came across this thread, and don't want to discourage you. Backtested reports showing great gains can he had by the dozen by tweaking the system till it gives an optimal output - You spoke of curve fitting, and yes, that seems to be what is happening, or possibly, you may have made assumptions (regards slippages, or considered optimal entry) that would have shown great results in test, but may not hold in reality.

If not, maybe you have discovered a magic formula to make this amount of money. Accepting that, stop analysis and just take your perfomance report and speak to a few brokers/fund managers. Stop living in a virtual world and take a tour of the real world - walk down Dalal street and speak to the pros with years of wisdom. Maybe you will be laughed off. Or maybe not. You will never know unless you try. And you will also regret if you don't try. So give your AFL/System a shot. If it works out, good for you. If not, welcome to the real world. I sincerely wish you success in your endeavor.

BTW, comments are invited from experts, so am not qualified to respond. But just hope my advise will be something that you can make use of. Good luck to you. And if you do succeed (as I hope you do) do remember to give me a ride in your Ferrari.
Totally agree with you sir ! Also as what rkkarnani, said, its time Ankit traded the system with real money also is a good option !
He says he does not have big money...maybe he starts small and add his profit to his capital! This would serve dula purpose : He will earn while looking for a buyer of his system and his confidence on his system will increase and will have credentials to prove his claim abt the system when approaching a prospective buyer!

DSM

Yes RH, It seems to be the general consensus that Ankit needs to trade and not have a 'Golden Goose AFL' which is only a theory. One needs to walk the talk. And just to try out his system, it does not require big money, (though it may require big money to make money) Ankit can trade basis shares and not futures. He can try the system with 1/2/5/10 shares, which I think is not too much to ask/risk. And in the market, without risk, a strategy that can guarantee 100% returns is just useless unless acted upon.

Last of my 2C.

Totally agree with you sir ! Also as what rkkarnani, said, its time Ankit traded the system with real money also is a good option !
He says he does not have big money...maybe he starts small and add his profit to his capital! This would serve dula purpose : He will earn while looking for a buyer of his system and his confidence on his system will increase and will have credentials to prove his claim abt the system when approaching a prospective buyer!

jallanankit

Thank u so much DSM.. I apologise for my thread title.. U happen to hit the nail with the right stroke, u r an expert..!! Thank u so much.. Even though if there is not much light, I dont see darkness at all in the approach u have mentioned.. I am taking some time out with the last touch up on the system and I will trade this system as it is very soon.. If with some more tweaks, if i can change the profitability and risk factor to more favorable level, i will do that..

Regarding curve fitting, once again I would seek ur views..
If the same afl is capable of producing equally GOOD, CONSISTENT results in stocks already named above in earlier posts.. Those are 5 best performing stocks on this afl.. alongwith NIFTY and BANKNIFTY..and more predominantly on the same tf.. can u still call it a curve fitted system.. i believe one same formula should not produce identical results on all stocks.. Also, the strike rate in all other stocks which are not as profitable as the ones mentioned above is also around 45%..So one more thing is the system is having a strike rate of 45% in general and with that some stocks are more profitable compared to others..

Regarding, dalal street.. u r very right sir.. I posted all this here bcoz I believe a lot of people trading the markets are here.. and we can here easily discuss the idea.. In this era of Info Technology, this medium should make sense, i believe..

Moreover, I am also in talks with an algo company to automatise the full trading idea with the afl...so, in the next few days, i will come up with watever i do..