Any AFL Experts pls help making this afl.

Hi,

I tried to make an afl through for below conditions in afl code wizard. But could not do it. I hope experts here can easily do this...

Buy = When MACD has made a new low (day low) while price did not break its day low.

Sell = When MACD has made a new high( day high) while price did not break its day high.

Thanks.

Hi,

I tried to make an afl through for below conditions in afl code wizard. But could not do it. I hope experts here can easily do this...

Buy = When MACD has made a new low (day low) while price did not break its day low.

Sell = When MACD has made a new high( day high) while price did not break its day high.

Thanks.
Formula is available in the Help file itself. Why not read it before posting requests?

Dear sage2004,

Thank you for the reply.
Is it AFL code wizard help file you are referring to ?
Yes, i went through that but could not make out. Trying for 10 days..:( and finally asked here. I thought experts like you can simply write the afl instead of using code wizard.

Thanks.

asnavale

Hi,

Thanks.
Hi Ramesh,

Can you give a little more detail. Like How many days you are looking back for the high and low of MACD and price. Also are you referring to the price Hi/Lo on the same day as the MACD making High/Low? How do you define Hi and Low? By peak and trough or by comparing with neighboring bars?

Regards

-Anant

Dear Anant,

Thank for the consideration.

Here i am referring to complete Intraday. Suppose that the chart plots only the current days data ( 9.55 to 3.30). And comming to defining the high/low, i am not comparing with high/low made n bars ago. I mean day high/ day low.

MACD making a new low ( day low in this case) where as price failing to break its day low. And this would be buy signal. And vice versa sell signal when MACD made new day high where as price failed to make a new day high.

Thanks.

Dear sage2004,

Thank you for the reply.
Is it AFL code wizard help file you are referring to ?
Yes, i went through that but could not make out. Trying for 10 days..:( and finally asked here. I thought experts like you can simply write the afl instead of using code wizard.

Thanks.
Not the Wizard though that too can help. The whole code itself is available as a example.

Dear sage,
Your answers does not relate to my question.

I asked if somemone can do this - you say its their in help
I asked which Help - you say its there as an example
I asked if you can post the example - you say to read something.

Please be clear my friend. Someone will post a query when they cant do it themselves.

Thanks.

Hi i would suggest u to use tradestation for these backtesting purposes this can be done easily in easylanguage.If u tell me the correct rules may be i can help you to test your strategy in tradestation.
1)what time frame u want to use
2)do u want to use previous day data for macd and macd settings
3)what is the stop loss u want to use
4)how do u want to exit ur position

if u can clearly write down ur rules i can help u out.:)

add me if u want any help [email protected]