Experts, Pls help..!!

DSM

Ankit,

Note usually there is a slippage of 2-3 points usually on buy/sell on a strong move that usually generates a signal. I had stated 5 points on each side to see how robust your system was. To get a realistic picture, you need to take a loss of 3 points on each leg (6 points) per trade - but also include brokerage. Have you taken this cost into account? Also, you need to add taxes, STT etc. which you have not done. Without these cost added on, you are not getting the right picture in real time.

I had mentioned that you need to take the trade after close of the signal candle (plus slippage and cost) Check if you enter at LIMIT PRICE (so you avoid slippage) - but entry is only AFTER the signal candle. So your entry could be on the 2nd or even 3rd candle after signal. But exit should be on the close of the signal candle and 3 points for slippage. (Exit rule is amended so that you do not wait for a limit price, in case the market runs adversely against your positions, and helps you to exit and not get stuck with your position. Suggest you run your system with amended parameters and check the revised system performance.

Other stocks that you can run the system : SBIN, Tata Steel, Tata Motors, ONGC, HPCL etc.

Good luck.

Have done it..
10 points reduced from all trades.. BNF is still profitable.. Average profit per trade in BNF (considering both winning trades and losing trades) is of 14.32 points.. so reducing 10 points takes two-thirds of profits and leaves with one third.. total trades 1166

On Nifty avg profit per ttrade is 4.9 points.. so if we reduce 10 point per trade, Balance Sheet turns negative.. Total trades are 1141

jallanankit

Dear ANKIT
I m amazed to see that u have developed such a system which can make u karorpati in short time( It is possible I m not making fun) but with all sincerity would like u to achieve that. However,I would like to know what is that strategy/ software, so that all of us can be benefited. Market is huge, even if u tell the secrets to TRADERJEE MEMBERS FOR FREE and once all of them do real trading to test yr magic formula/ methodology or software, I m sure nobody will hesitate to compensate you.
abb
That will against traderji rules if i start asking for compensation for the system/strategy.. I will not use this forum for that purpose.. And thank u so much for believing that the strategy can make money.. I am also in the process of achieving that... Seeking blessings!!

jallanankit

Ankit,

Note usually there is a slippage of 2-3 points usually on buy/sell on a strong move that usually generates a signal. I had stated 5 points on each side to see how robust your system was. To get a realistic picture, you need to take a loss of 3 points on each leg (6 points) per trade - but also include brokerage. Have you taken this cost into account? Also, you need to add taxes, STT etc. which you have not done. Without these cost added on, you are not getting the right picture in real time.

I had mentioned that you need to take the trade after close of the signal candle (plus slippage and cost) Check if you enter at LIMIT PRICE (so you avoid slippage) - but entry is only AFTER the signal candle. So your entry could be on the 2nd or even 3rd candle after signal. But exit should be on the close of the signal candle and 3 points for slippage. (Exit rule is amended so that you do not wait for a limit price, in case the market runs adversely against your positions, and helps you to exit and not get stuck with your position. Suggest you run your system with amended parameters and check the revised system performance.

Other stocks that you can run the system : SBIN, Tata Steel, Tata Motors, ONGC, HPCL etc.

Good luck.
I acknowledge ur views and u r correct in saying that slippages do occur and transaction costs(TC) need to be accounted for..
Nifty and BankNifty are profitable on backtest..tht is true but the most correct picture that will shape up in real time will only be after TC and slippages.. so that view is accepted..

The simple calculation for NF and BNF is..
NF returns with a avergae profit of 4.9 point per trade..
BNF returns with 14.32 points per trade..

so we can accordingly compute necessary slippages and TC which will vary individually on account of brokerage.. but that is not the concern here.. Assuming 5 point TC and slippages will also render the NF profits to breakeven..

jallanankit

Ankit,

Good luck.
I acknowledge ur views and u r correct in saying that slippages do occur and transaction costs(TC) need to be accounted for..
Nifty and BankNifty are profitable on backtest..tht is true but the most correct picture that will shape up in real time will only be after TC and slippages.. so that view is accepted..

The simple calculation for NF and BNF is..
NF returns with a avergae profit of 4.9 point per trade..
BNF returns with 14.32 points per trade..

so we can accordingly compute necessary slippages and TC which will vary individually on account of brokerage.. but that is not the concern here.. Assuming 5 point TC and slippages will also render the NF profits to breakeven..

regarding the stocks discussed above.. SBIN has already beeen analysed.. it is going good.. TataMotors, TataSteel, ONGC are not so very good..profits are there but returns are not so huge.. HPCL i do not have the charts and data.. my data feed provider does not provide this symbol..