Learning charts ... experts pls help

Hi
I am a newbie to the world of investing and trading.
I have been learning various things from this forum and want to thank all the respective senior members who take their precious time and post valuable content on the site and solve the queries of noobs like me.

Well the purpose of starting this new thread is I have been trying to learn a thing or two about technical analysis in the forum and now while studying the charts I sometimes come across queries which need to be clarified and confirmed by seniors and experienced members

So I would be posting here the charts and the queries related to them and I request the experts to give their expert comment on them and try to solve the queries
Friends the purpose is not to find tips I wish to learn so Experts Pls try to help me on my posts .

Thanks in Advance
AviD :)

here is the first query.
The attached is the Daily chart of SICAGEN
taken from fibotrader charting software

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

now I want to know that is this a triple top ??
(reducing volume on peaks)
if yes have I drawn the neckline correctly??

As we can see in the chart that Uptrend has been broken
but the prices are returning after touching the neckline drawn at the bottom of TRIPLE TOP.
What should be inferred from this chart. prices Bearish?? or sideways ??

Experts pls see the charts and pls suggest if I am going in the correct direction??
I am sorry if i am asking so many questions in a post.

any suggestion regarding the post or the charting style or the image attachment is welcome.

Thanks
AviD

Last edited:
One more chart:
YESBANK
DAILY

Query:

Is it a valid cup and handle continuation pattern ?
(Its right edge is higher than left edge and volume doesnt seem to contract much in the handle phase)

Thanks
AviD

HI Senior Members....

one more chart ...
Here is the daily chart of GAIL

As per theory the stock had a UPTrend and after that some period of consolidation phase .. after breaking the symmetrical triangle in that consolidation phase it has achieved its first target. That we can see in the chart by drawing a parallel line to the lower line of triangle.

How should be the next target be decided??
How much more steam is left in the trend ?? how to determine that ??

Thanks
AviD

Hi friends,

One more daily chart ..
scrip: ABAN

What I have Inferred: (may be I am wrong as I am still learning )
Prices going down after a break down from a descending triangle as expected.
but inspite of touching the levels of expected target that is the Thick Blue line prices seems to getting some support around 675 probably due to a previous support seen in the chart(shown through arrows).

Now the query is:
1. Is it really a descending triangle. As the upper descending line is touching two points only and as I have read a contact on third point confirms a line.
2. Is there any way to gauge which direction the prices may go as the prices seems to consolidate in the last few bars?
3. How can we know the power of support and resistance . How strong a support level is ??
4. As we see volume is decreasing is the chart. Does volume has any implication in determining the strongness of support/ resistance????

Thanks
AviD

hi bros
i went through ur thread today. i am the one who also want to learn technical analysis. the problem is that i don't know how to go for this. pls give me a direction from ur experience so that i will also be a good learner in technical analysis field. pls tell me how to start

regards,

Vikas

happy tradings

hi bros

i positively see forward for your valuable guidance. any senior members on this forum may pls give me some valuable information regarding how to go for technical analysis learning.
my e-mail id is [email protected]

regards,

vikas

happy tradings

hi bros
i went through ur thread today. i am the one who also want to learn technical analysis. the problem is that i don't know how to go for this. pls give me a direction from ur experience so that i will also be a good learner in technical analysis field. pls tell me how to start

regards,

Vikas

happy tradings
Hi Vikas,
As far as I am concerned I am still Learning so unable to help u in learning. but as per my experience this very forum contains enough learning material and content & experts to help u learn all the aspects of Technical Analysis. Whatever I know I have Learned it here.
The threads that helped me most :
Teach a man to fish by saint .........(dont miss even a single post)
Link: http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/6072-teach-man-fish.html

Thanks
AviD

hi avid
thank u very much for ur kind attention towards my query and also for ur valuable information regarding the thread. pls share ur experiance of fututre to enable many of my kind to help in learning

regards

Vikas

hi avid
pls share ur experiance of fututre to enable many of my kind to help in learning

regards

Vikas
Hi Vikas ,

Srry for replying late. I dont find myself suitable enough to share my experience about trading (matter of fact I dont have any experience I am also a new comer Like you :p ).
But still I would be happy to help anyone as much as I can. And I also Invite you and other newbies like u and me to post their queries about technical analysis in this thread so that some Seniors/Moderators can reply to our posts & solve our basic queries whenever they have free time.

-
AviD