Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Harnessing the Solar Energy

Made a 50 year old Solar Cooker operational which my mother used to use in summer in late 1970s and my father used to do a duty of adjusting the reflector angle as per the movement of the Sun ......still working great...Thankfully it has yet not landed in a Bhangaar /Kabadi/Scrap shop yet......:D

Today Cooked rice, beans and roasted Groundnuts and Besan in it......the photograph below :

The cooker has antique and also sentimental value.....the taste of the food cooked is very good as it is cooked on low heat .
Solar Cooker -2.jpg

Last edited:

ncube

Harnessing the Solar Energy

Made a 50 year old Solar Cooker operational which my mother used to use in summer in late 1970s and my father used to do a duty of adjusting the reflector angle as per the movement of the Sun ......still working great...Thankfully it has yet not landed in a Bhangaar /Kabadi/Scrap shop yet......:D

Today Cooked rice, beans and roasted Groundnuts and Besan in it......the photograph below :

The cooker has antique and also sentimental value.....the taste of the food cooked is very good as it is cooked on low heat .
View attachment 42079
How much time did it take to cook? Think it needs good sunlight for effective cooking.

I remember it was a trend those days to use sun cooker for cooking.... another is to use a box with thermocol and lid where half cooked rice was placed for slow cooking. In coastal areas we still cook boiled rice in it.

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Here it is.......it needs a new scrubbing and painting job......but that has to wait till the lockdown is lifted.....
View attachment 42082
We also used to have like this one (a trunk type), we also had an ice cream maker - wooden vessel (bucket shaped), which housed a metallic cylinder type container (for putting in slightly condensed milk) with space in between to put ice fragments and salt. Also a churning mechanism which was manual.

Pata nahin kahaan Chala gaya woh sab or woh time.
Edit:
Something like the one below (found on google)
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 1.43.56 PM.png

Last edited:

XRAY27