Day Trading Stocks & Futures

lemondew

We have been conversing since long now and wanted your opinions. I understand you buy stock on corrections counting 13 or otherwise. Does buy on highs in htf or buy on small dips does it work.
He is posting on Twitter and it is certainly helpful for traders learning to trade.....I found him a genuine and knowledgeable person.....what he does on Twitter is beyond our jurisdiction....we take what is useful to us .

Smart_trade

We have been conversing since long now and wanted your opinions. I understand you buy stock on corrections counting 13 or otherwise. Does buy on highs in htf or buy on small dips does it work.
I dont buy each and every scrip which gives sequential signals.....I dont want to trade each and every stock.I only buy my preferred stocks which are selected after careful study and I buy them for a long term hold.....I buy some quantity for trading also but the main thrust is on investments so it does not make a difference if I buy on highs or on small TF.....my view is not trading at all these days as I found investing much more easy,comfortable and profitable for my capital size. It is my view, everyone may/need not agree to it.

But systemwise, on sequential 13 buy signal, we have to buy when the stock /market closes above its open...once we are in a buy mode, then we can use lower timeframe charts to finetune the entries.

Smart_trade

lemondew

Once buy mode then you expect the trend to continue and then renter buys on trendline...

I dont buy each and every scrip which gives sequential signals.....I dont want to trade each and every stock.I only buy my preferred stocks which are selected after careful study and I buy them for a long term hold.....I buy some quantity for trading also but the main thrust is on investments so it does not make a difference if I buy on highs or on small TF.....my view is not trading at all these days as I found investing much more easy,comfortable and profitable for my capital size. It is my view, everyone may/need not agree to it.

But systemwise, on sequential 13 buy signal, we have to buy when the stock /market closes above its open...once we are in a buy mode, then we can use lower timeframe charts to finetune the entries.

Smart_trade

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
https://www.bloombergquint.com/busi...ala-buys-05-stake-in-yes-bank-for-rs-87-crore

Veteran equities investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala has purchased nearly 1.3 crore shares of Yes Bank Ltd. for around Rs 87 crore through open market transactions. According to bulk deal data available with the Bombay Stock Exchange, Jhunjhunwala purchased 1,29,50,000 shares amounting to 0.5 percent stake of Yes Bank. The shares were bought at an average price of Rs 67.10, valuing the transaction at Rs

Once buy mode then you expect the trend to continue and then renter buys on trendline...
When we get a buy signal, the market is in downtrend and it is expected to change its trend to uptrend...the condition that the close > open ensures that a bottom is made...then I dont use trendlines, I use pivots in smaller timeframe to buy in a fresh uptrend which is starting afresh...

ST

https://www.bloombergquint.com/busi...ala-buys-05-stake-in-yes-bank-for-rs-87-crore

Veteran equities investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala has purchased nearly 1.3 crore shares of Yes Bank Ltd. for around Rs 87 crore through open market transactions. According to bulk deal data available with the Bombay Stock Exchange, Jhunjhunwala purchased 1,29,50,000 shares amounting to 0.5 percent stake of Yes Bank. The shares were bought at an average price of Rs 67.10, valuing the transaction at Rs
He bought Spicejet around Rs. 14/ It went down to about Rs. 11.5 after that and upwards after that.

We dont know with what view RJ bought Yes Bank...whether for investing or for taking stake in the company.....but if the financial problem is solved and NPAs are resolved, then Yes bank could be attractive investment bet for 1-2 years for RJ.....the bank has good branch network and technology....

Smart_trade

ncube

He is posting on Twitter and it is certainly helpful for traders learning to trade.....I found him a genuine and knowledgeable person.....what he does on Twitter is beyond our jurisdiction....we take what is useful to us .

Smart_trade
I created a Twitter account just to follow him and have been tracking him from the Zerodha interview time. Unlike many who share bookish knowledge he is genuinely sharing his personal experience as I could relate to it from my own experience.

If a trader is struggling to scale up or trading consistently..he will definitely benefit by just following the daily trading logs he is sharing on his blogs. These trading logs can help others by giving them an almost real trading experience of how the trading account behaves over a period of time. This experience will build and train the mindset which is essential to trade successfully.

However one parameter that i think need to be tracked is the max drawdown. Growing the account aggressively as he is doing is not easy, the psychology plays a very major role. He is able to do this confidently means he has handled much bigger account size so even if a 50% drawdown for a smaller account size is not an issue for him. But for new traders it will be very difficult to handle. But once you gain the experience and confidence of trading a bigger size, smaller account sizes are child's play.

But even for experienced traders there is always a uncle point after which it's difficult to scale up. I cannot comment on his reasons for trading calls/ workshops but most successful full time traders go for it as trading like any business can have periods of drawdowns and does not give regular monthly income...by taking up other activities on the sides one can generate regular parallel streams of income. If one is giving genuine training with realistic expectations then i think it should be fine.

TraderRavi

low risk profile

RJ averaged DHFL when it became half from 600 to 300. Now its at 13.
As per the screenshot of his holdings I posted few weeks ago , most are in deep red.
He bought a small stake in yesbank , 87 crore is a loose change for him . He will wait patiently now for this to become 870 crore or 8.7 crore .
but one thing is sure after this RJ news , retail stake (which is already at all time high) in yesbank will go up few more % points :DD

Last edited: