Day Trading Stocks & Futures

TraderRavi

low risk profile
SEBI intervenes after NSE witnesses 2 hour technical glitch; seeks detailed report

For two hours in hectic bullish trade, especially in the Futures & Options segment, traders lost the opportunity to execute their trades

Traders lost the opportunity of earning a profit on long positions or exiting their loss making short positions after trading platform ICICIdirect's online system broke down on September 23. The glitch has been blamed on SIFY: NSE's internet provider.
According to sources, the market regulator has sought a detailed report on the technical glitch from NSE.
Even Edelweiss Securities' subscribers faced a similar issue. The brokerage said in a notification that trades were being executed but the rates were not uploading.

As a result, traders lost nearly two hours of trading time between 9.15 am and 11.10 am.

or two hours in a hectic bullish trade, especially in the Futures & Options segment, traders lost the opportunity to execute their trades. The Nifty opened at 11,542, peaked at 11,666 and settled around 11,590 levels between 9.15 am to 11.15 am.
Investors holding short positions could not provide for margin online based on the price feed and hence suffered losses.
At 10:13 am ICICIdirect tweeted:

It was only after 11.14 am that subscribers received a message from ICICIdirect stating that price feeds were not coming from NSE due to a technical issue.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...does-it-merit-sebis-intervention-4464471.html

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Trading Glitch Hits National Stock Exchange

A technical glitch hit trading terminals of country's largest exchange NSE, leaving investors with no real-time updates, markets sources said. People close to the development said that there was a technical glitch at NSE for around 10 minutes around 3:15 p.m. The problem got resolved minutes before the closing session. The exchange is looking into the reason for such glitch, they added.

Earlier in the day, many brokers could not get feeds or price updates due to a connectivity issue with one of the internet services providers Sify. Later, the issue got resolved. There was a connectivity issue with Sify during the morning trade session due to which some brokers could not get feeds. The issue has been resolved by the internet service provider

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/nse-hit-by-trading-glitch
Copyright © BloombergQuint

mohan.sic

SEBI intervenes after NSE witnesses 2 hour technical glitch; seeks detailed report

For two hours in hectic bullish trade, especially in the Futures & Options segment, traders lost the opportunity to execute their trades

Traders lost the opportunity of earning a profit on long positions or exiting their loss making short positions after trading platform ICICIdirect's online system broke down on September 23. The glitch has been blamed on SIFY: NSE's internet provider.
According to sources, the market regulator has sought a detailed report on the technical glitch from NSE.
Even Edelweiss Securities' subscribers faced a similar issue. The brokerage said in a notification that trades were being executed but the rates were not uploading.

As a result, traders lost nearly two hours of trading time between 9.15 am and 11.10 am.

or two hours in a hectic bullish trade, especially in the Futures & Options segment, traders lost the opportunity to execute their trades. The Nifty opened at 11,542, peaked at 11,666 and settled around 11,590 levels between 9.15 am to 11.15 am.
Investors holding short positions could not provide for margin online based on the price feed and hence suffered losses.
At 10:13 am ICICIdirect tweeted:

It was only after 11.14 am that subscribers received a message from ICICIdirect stating that price feeds were not coming from NSE due to a technical issue.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...does-it-merit-sebis-intervention-4464471.html

I faced severe issue after 2.30 pm afternoon....Rates were not updating in NEST ( Finvasia ). Placed multiple orders in confusion and they got executed.. Had to book loss of 4 k due to this.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I faced severe issue after 2.30 pm afternoon....Rates were not updating in NEST ( Finvasia ). Placed multiple orders in confusion and they got executed.. Had to book loss of 4 k due to this.
yes, I too faced same problem , finvasia NEST quotes were not updating and I thought it was happening due to my net.

yes, I too faced same problem , finvasia NEST quotes were not updating and I thought it was happening due to my net.
Rates were not updating in cash NSE market too...broker flashed a message on the screen " Enter market orders" as orders are delayed.

Last edited:

mohan.sic

I had this problem after 3:10 but all the mis square off happened properly.
After 3:05 price refresh stopped completely for 10 mts. Only crude and silver were blinking on screen. But there was a problem from 2.30. pm... Option prices were changing on Market watch, but they were incorrect ( probably in lag ). If we open best 5 snap quote, prices were clearly different with price on market watch. Same problem was there in morning also immediately after market open. ( But strangely in morning only put prices were incorrect, & call prices were updating correct).

Equities I dint notice. Unnecessary 4 k loss for me today.....

Finvasia support was bad. ofcourse it is incorrect to expect service from free service broker.

Problem is not just opportunity loss. It was more than that.

Below is todays scenario: All please read, may come to use in your trading:

I was Long CE & PE 5 lots each side. When rates were not updating, I squared off the whole open position from Net position window. This square off got triggered and my position was closed. But the terminal Net position window did not reflect this and it showed the position still as open ( +5 lots ce & pe) Then, thinking that the position was open, I again placed sell orders in market 5 lots ce & pe. Again No message on order status , And still I see the net position as open (+ 5 lots ce & pe)

Not understanding what to do I called finvasia and no one picked the call ( trade desk ). Closed the terminal and logged in again twice. Then it was working and I saw My Net open position was SHORT 5 Lots CE and price increased by 10 rs from short price. Squared off in market with Net -4 k in that trade.

What I understood was, first when I squared of both ce & pe, both got executed and my position became zero. (But terminal did not update the order/net position status). Then, when I sold 5 lots ce & pe in market, only CE short got executed as I sufficient limit only to write 6 lots. So ce order of 5 lots was taken and pe order may have got rejected.

what ever it is, it is unnecessary risk and not in our hands.

Last edited:
After 3:05 price refresh stopped completely for 10 mts. Only crude and silver were blinking on screen. But there was a problem from 2.30. pm... Option prices were changing on Market watch, but they were incorrect ( probably in lag ). If we open best 5 snap quote, prices were clearly different with price on market watch. Same problem was there in morning also immediately after market open. ( But strangely in morning only put prices were incorrect, & call prices were updating correct).

Equities I dint notice. Unnecessary 4 k loss for me today.....

Finvasia support was bad. ofcourse it is incorrect to expect service from free service broker.

Problem is not just opportunity loss. It was more than that.

Below is todays scenario: All please read, may come to use in your trading:

I was Long CE & PE 5 lots each side. When rates were not updating, I squared off the whole open position from Net position window. This square off got triggered and my position was closed. But the terminal Net position window did not reflect this and it showed the position still as open ( +5 lots ce & pe) Then, thinking that the position was open, I again placed sell orders in market 5 lots ce & pe. Again No message on order status , And still I see the net position as open (+ 5 lots ce & pe)

Not understanding what to do I called finvasia and no one picked the call ( trade desk ). Closed the terminal and logged in again twice. Then it was working and I saw My Net open position was SHORT 5 Lots CE and price increased by 10 rs from short price. Squared off in market with Net -4 k in that trade.

What I understood was, first when I squared of both ce & pe, both got executed and my position became zero. (But terminal did not update the order/net position status). Then, when I sold 5 lots ce & pe in market, only CE short got executed as I sufficient limit only to write 6 lots. So ce order of 5 lots was taken and pe order may have got rejected.

what ever it is, it is unnecessary risk and not in our hands.
was it the so called upper circute? i still have no idea what it is