Day Trading Stocks & Futures

iwillwin

When I first started out as a trader, I sat in front of the TV waiting for results to be announced in a stock which had a good set up. Anchor on TV announced that a company made a loss of some 30-40 crores and I shorted the stock at lightning speed. After my entry, it made one red bar. Then the moment of truth. As I watched, a huge green bar was painted. Bar after bar of green candles. I went blank. By the time i could inhale and exhale, the stock was up 5-6%. :pHad no choice but to cut the huge loss. I was clueless as to how a company stock could go up 6% after posting loss.
Turns out the company in the previous quarter had posted some 70-75 crore loss. Present quarter loss was less than previous so the stock was celebrating. :D

After that, I never fooled around during result season. And if I was ever compelled to stay in a trade that I had already taken then i always hedged it.
Good old days of shorting anything that had even a small bad thing in it.
Yes we all do mistakes and learn it....key is to preserve capital in our learning curve....fight today to live tomorrow....Darwin law is applicable every where in trading

Riskyman

Yes we all do mistakes and learn it....key is to preserve capital in our learning curve....fight today to live tomorrow....Darwin law is applicable every where in trading
Most traders dont learn lessons from mistakes.
Our minds are not made to learn from mistakes unless it threatens our existence.
Losing money doesnt kill us. So, traders continue to do the same mistakes.

OK have a trade on. Psychology lesson baad mein.

Most traders dont learn lessons from mistakes.
Our minds are not made to learn from mistakes unless it threatens our existence.
Losing money doesnt kill us. So, traders continue to do the same mistakes.

OK have a trade on. Psychology lesson baad mein.
Abhi kya...crude

mohan.sic

Exactly....also if you are good in profit in 1 trade.... don't be greedy and take spoiler trade which takes away all u have...
I think its not even greedy and getting into another trade. I don't know how to describe but I feel its something else. Traders inherently have a tendency to be in some action/trade.

I observe this in myself and also in many of my trader friends. Like if we are not very confident, we don't stop trading. Just Instead of buying 5 lots, I buy 1 lot. Or I must say sometimes I buy 2 or 3 shares and sell them. These trades we don't go for money. Its a kind of addiction to be in action.

Its good if we can control this problem or least restrict it by trading 1 or 2 shares.:D. Because if not today, market will give a good trade up tomorrow. Just preserve the capital and use it in right way.

Last edited:
International Court of Justice ruled that Pakistan violated all aspects of Vienna convention provisions and ruled against Pakistan in Kulbhushan Jadhav Case.....huge victory for India and Mr Harish Salve arguing Govt of India case in the Court. 15 judges ruled in favour of India...just 1 judge ( judge from Pakistan ) ruled in favour of Pakistan.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

PreSap

Exactly....also if you are good in profit in 1 trade.... don't be greedy and take spoiler trade which takes away all u have...
However, if there is a good trade according to system, it should be taken as long as you haven’t blown your set number of trades which you can go wrong about.

Example: first three trades are winners, I will take the next trade if it is per system. If I hit two losses, I will stop for the day

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk