Day Trading Stocks & Futures

checkmate7

Gaya kaam se. Was telling Ravi bhia there may be an ambitious pull back to 120 levels.
Looks like further pain.
It may surprise everyone with a bounce tomorrow:DD

Riskyman

for all you know yes bank may shoot up tomorrow, since the entire retail world will be waiting to short it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Irrespective of what it does tomorrow, the stock will be punished in days to come. 1700 cr provisioning this quarter, 3600 crores last quarter i.e 5k crore total. NIMS at 2.8 against 3.3. NPA up to 5.2% against 3.2% LQ and 1.32% Year ago. profit of 113 cr against expectation of 160 cr. Huge miss.
Even someone like me who doesnt know fundamentals will tell you these are bad numbers

Riskyman

It may surprise everyone with a bounce tomorrow:DD
We dont know bhai. I have no clue about management commentary etc. In my limited experience as a trader, I have learnt not to judge results at face value. But what ever it is, the numbers are bad. Maybe there is some soothing words from Ceo??? Who knows. Better watch the fun from sidelines.

iwillwin

We dont know bhai. I have no clue about management commentary etc. In my limited experience as a trader, I have learnt not to judge results at face value. But what ever it is, the numbers are bad. Maybe there is some soothing words from Ceo??? Who knows. Better watch the fun from sidelines.
It's always better....have burnt my fingers in axis bank in the past

Riskyman

It's always better....have burnt my fingers in axis bank in the past
When I first started out as a trader, I sat in front of the TV waiting for results to be announced in a stock which had a good set up. Anchor on TV announced that a company made a loss of some 30-40 crores and I shorted the stock at lightning speed. After my entry, it made one red bar. Then the moment of truth. As I watched, a huge green bar was painted. Bar after bar of green candles. I went blank. By the time i could inhale and exhale, the stock was up 5-6%. :pHad no choice but to cut the huge loss. I was clueless as to how a company stock could go up 6% after posting loss.
Turns out the company in the previous quarter had posted some 70-75 crore loss. Present quarter loss was less than previous so the stock was celebrating. :D

After that, I never fooled around during result season. And if I was ever compelled to stay in a trade that I had already taken then i always hedged it.
Good old days of shorting anything that had even a small bad thing in it.

Last edited: