Day Trading Stocks & Futures

That way, we were somewhat lucky. We, myself and mother (89 years), got our second dose of covishield at a government polyclinic (the first one was at a private hospital) on Sunday. Lucky because 1) It is a polyclinic and not a hospital, so no crowds and less exposure, 2) it was a Sunday so even lesser crowds, 3) Delhi is in a lockdown so even lesser crowds. We left home, got vaccinated, waited 30 minutes, and returned home - all in 1 hour.

Also lucky because my Bhabhi, 55, contracted corona and was hospitalised for 9 days. Thankfully she returned discharged and everyone is safe. The weakness will continue for many months, it seems.

In Delhi, the talk going around is that even if you have corona, you are safer taking treatment at home. It's hell in the hospitals.

OTOH, I am booked to return to Surat on 10th. I guess that won't be possible now :(
Dear TP,
If you can postpone Surat visit, you must.
Situation is really terrible. Don't take risk.

sorry for loss st ji.

and for todays markets @ +1.44%. it makes no sense.

I just cant digest the facts.
Cases are in 6 digits. Workforce are half. Shops are shut.
Some cities are imposing lock downs. Essentials are unavailable.
No govt stimulus like other countries.

yet markets today rose 200 points ! wah !
It might tomorrow rise 100 points as well, kisko pata.
Markets always look ahead...the present is known to everyone and is discounted in the markets. In my view the current second wave will peak in about 2-3 weeks and the number of people infected will start coming down. So the markets are going up in anticipation of that and once it starts coming down, the rally will accelerate and probably make a new top. So we may not get too many opportunities to buy stocks at lower prices.

Needless to say, I reserve my right to be totally wrong in my views....:D

Markets always look ahead...the present is known to everyone and is discounted in the markets. In my view the current second wave will peak in about 2-3 weeks and the number of people infected will start coming down. So the markets are going up in anticipation of that and once it starts coming down, the rally will accelerate and probably make a new top. So we may not get too many opportunities to buy stocks at lower prices.

Needless to say, I reserve my right to be totally wrong in my views....:D
yes , market always does that.
I have noticed that in my swing trades :)

But it was very weak on 14300 on verge of blast , I was heavily anticipating downmove .atleast 13500.
But what now, its just numbers in my excel .

Also I want to get into value investing , so many books out there , which ones to start with ?
If you had to recommend 5 books in sequence , what would it be ? lot of people say to start with intelligent investor.
I know nothing in value investing. Just swing and day trading only.

bkb

Hi All,
With close to two months (from end of Mar'2021 to mid May'2021 as of now) of full lockdown like situation in Maharashtra, will we see requests for moratorium on bank loan EMIs?
In my opinion, seems very difficult of such request being accepted at national level. But business/employees from unorganised sectors seems to be badly hit. And without Govt./Regulatory guidance, expecting accommodating stance on case to case basis from banks is perhaps too optimistic to believe.
Would like to hear opinion of our forum members on the same. Thanks.

yes , market always does that.
I have noticed that in my swing trades :)

But it was very weak on 14300 on verge of blast , I was heavily anticipating downmove .atleast 13500.
But what now, its just numbers in my excel .

Also I want to get into value investing , so many books out there , which ones to start with ?
If you had to recommend 5 books in sequence , what would it be ? lot of people say to start with intelligent investor.
I know nothing in value investing. Just swing and day trading only.
These books wont help much as these were written 30-40 years ago and the market dynamics has changed much after that .But always look for stocks which earn more profits than its cost of capital, have managements with good corporate governance and operate as a monopoly or dominant market share in the sectors they operate with a strong moat so that the competition does not come near them and they are the disruptors.The company we invest in should have a scalable business model and a clear growth path for next 5-7 years atleast. This is the open secret of identifying and catching multibaggers in their initial stages of growth........

Read Warren Buffet's annual letters to his shareholders which contain great investing wisdom......Motilal Oswal Wealth Creation Study published every year also has investment gems in them...

Always give great importance to how the market reacts to the good or bad situation/news....despite gloom and doom all over, market is refusing to go down which is a very strong signal the market is giving us that it is in no mood to go down and it wants to rally and it does not care about all the bad news, it sees silverlining somewhere in future which we dont see as of now.....

Last edited:

iwillwin

US daily active cases have come down to less than 60K .
With 40% of entire US population vaccinated the threat due to Covid is in decline.
I have stopped expecting any more correction in Nifty due to covid unless some chaos in US, since NIFTY is a benchmark of US market :p
now the trigger would be inflation in US.... as our markets are ok with our local inflation

These books wont help much as these were written 30-40 years ago and the market dynamics has changed much after that .But always look for stocks which earn more profits than its cost of capital, have managements with good corporate governance and operate as a monopoly or dominant market share in the sectors they operate with a strong moat so that the competition does not come near them and they are the disruptors.The company we invest in should have a scalable business model and a clear growth path for next 5-7 years atleast. This is the open secret of identifying and catching multibaggers in their initial stages of growth........

Read Warren Buffet's annual letters to his shareholders which contain great investing wisdom......Motilal Oswal Wealth Creation Study published every year also has investment gems in them...
Thanks for the pointers sirji !!