Status
Not open for further replies.

GTji

Number of scrips on NOW will remain the same.. Zerodha Trader will also be kept at 55 per marketwatch...

The lower the number of scrips on a marketwatch, the better the performance of the trading platform... So would you want better performance or more number of scrips per marketwatch??? ;)...
I don't believe that the quantity or number of scrips matter anything at all as long as you have broadband of 1mb or more. I have a 2 mbs connection, which should be more than enough for at least another 200 scrips or more.

Zerodha

Would like to know if Gravita will be a part of your margin trading...

Please let me know how many stocks you dont have margin.. I could see intradaymargin.xls, you only give margin trading to those stocks only ?

Awaiting for your reply !!
Yes Ranga, the list on that excel is all stocks we give intraday margin and their respective percentages...

Zerodha

I don't believe that the quantity or number of scrips matter anything at all as long as you have broadband of 1mb or more. I have a 2 mbs connection, which should be more than enough for at least another 200 scrips or more.
Data traverses from exchange to where the servers are located using leased lines... The more the number of scrips on your marketwatch, the more data has to be fetched using these leased lines...

How it works on a trading platform is, whatever scrips are on one marketwatch, data has to be continuously fetched from the servers..If the scrips are on a different marketwatch, the request to fetch data is sent only when you go to the other marketwatch.. What I mean to say is, it is better to have 2 marketwatch with 50 scrips each, rather than 1 of 100 scrips...

what you need to understand is, this has nothing to do with your internet speed..I am talking about all people using the terminal together... The reason NOW has a limitation on 55scrips is also because of this, this way you tend to see ticks faster...

GTji

Data traverses from exchange to where the servers are located using leased lines... The more the number of scrips on your marketwatch, the more data has to be fetched using these leased lines...

How it works on a trading platform is, whatever scrips are on one marketwatch, data has to be continuously fetched from the servers..If the scrips are on a different marketwatch, the request to fetch data is sent only when you go to the other marketwatch.. What I mean to say is, it is better to have 2 marketwatch with 50 scrips each, rather than 1 of 100 scrips...

what you need to understand is, this has nothing to do with your internet speed..I am talking about all people using the terminal together... The reason NOW has a limitation on 55scrips is also because of this, this way you tend to see ticks faster...
Exactly, this has nothing to do with my internet connection, but everything to do with the NSE servers and therefore, if NSE NOW is going paid they should improve the infrastructure and should also increase the number of scrips available,.. that was my point.

As u can have any number of market watch in NOW.... why do u want more than 200 scripts in a single watch... even 30 scrips in a single watch is more than enough....

all 200 wont fits in our visual screen... max 20 can fit in the watch screen.... so will u scroll down each time for looking those 200 scripts below:confused:... ?????

open some 5 market watch, name each type... as futures, options, Stocks-LC, Stocks-MC, and the last one as common, where u can have ur preferred scripts in it. :)

GTji

As u can have any number of market watch in NOW.... why do u want more than 200 scripts in a single watch... even 30 scrips in a single watch is more than enough....

all 200 wont fits in our visual screen... max 20 can fit in the watch screen.... so will u scroll down each time for looking those 200 scripts below:confused:... ?????

open some 5 market watch, name each type... as futures, options, Stocks-LC, Stocks-MC, and the last one as common, where u can have ur preferred scripts in it. :)
I need them to be updated into Amibroker so that they can be scanned in real-time (say every 5 minutes or so) and traded selectively.

megapixel

I want to do intraday purchase of 10 shares of ABAN.

I want to take advantage of Zerodha's margin policy. Zerodha has a margin policy for ABAN as follow :

Scrip :ABAN:EQ
Margin Percentage: 21.15
Leverage: 5

current market price for ABAN is Rs 351.35

How much MINIMUM amount I need to deposit in my trading a/c so that I can do intraday purchase of 10 shares of ABAN ?

Last edited:

soft_trader

I want to do intraday purchase of 10 shares of ABAN.

I want to take advantage of Zerodha's margin policy. Zerodha has a margin policy for ABAN as follow :

Scrip :ABAN:EQ
Margin Percentage: 21.15
Leverage: 5

current market price for ABAN is Rs 351.35

How much MINIMUM amount I need to deposit in my trading a/c so that I can do intraday purchase of 10 shares of ABAN ?
Rs. 710/-

Status
Not open for further replies.