Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for new Zerodha challenge announcement.Will be participating with larger accounts.....and try to be profitable over next round....

Smart_trade
If it is same as the previous one, I will certainly be more careful with my trades. No more days of 300-400Rs. brokerage daily... Doesn't matter if I do only 10% of my previous turnover, but will wait for sureshot trades only, and even then take only if my price is reached.....Will continue with whatever little balance is in my account and build on it.. but no more jhatka trades and pay-ins every day. शपथ !!

2. automated trailing SL is not allowed by NSE...so zerodha cant do anything..its cant be done by any brokers
Nope, Nse allows it and some of the broker are providing also.

i) Bracket orders :SL order & Target order as one order ( execution of one cancels the other one)
ii) Trailing SL order.

are being provided by Sharkhan.

I had earlier posted a I link to their relevant demo page also.

These are the must have features.

Zerodha say that it comes under algo trading. By whatever name you call it but do something to provide these faclilites.

SHEKHAR

Last edited:

GTji

Nope, Nse allows it and some of the broker are providing also.

i) Bracket orders :SL order & Target order as one order ( execution of one cancels the other one)
ii) Trailing SL order.

are being provided by Sharkhan.

I had earlier posted a I link to their relevant demo page also.

These are the must have features.

Zerodha say that it comes under algo trading. By whatever name you call it but do something to provide these faclilites.

SHEKHAR
Sharekhan provides it but it's only for BSE according to the web page which opens in the terminal when you login into TT.

TheDreamer

Trading Mininifty, I am sorry to say, is not a professionals game. Please dont mind. There are huge differences, sometimes upto 2 points between the mini and normal size nifty, and if you are watching normal lot nifty charts, keeping a limit order in the market according to THAT chart, Mini Nifty may do a jig of its own, hit your order, whereas normal Nifty would not.

I used to face this, hence, moved away from Mini nifty.
When I trade a scrip, I keep the relevant chart... so minifty futures chart is used while trading MNF & nifty futures charts for trading NF... don't know the professional way of trading... so can't comment on that... I only know MNF gives me more flexibility in booking profits with multi-lots... though I trade both... as well as BNF...
Moreover we see bizarre things happening in any scrip we watch... yesterday NF made a high of 5056 but it's a bizarre thing to happen...

TheDreamer

for stock 1 lot can we get in 5000 rupees in zerodha and for nifty also?
40% of total margin is required for intraday trading in futures or short options...

You can only trade minifty with 5k capital intraday... there are 29-30 scrips in FNO which require total margin below 30k or 12k for intraday...

The list is as mentioned below:

MINIFTY
GSPL
TTML
ADANIENT
NIFTY
GAIL
CHAMBLFERT
RENUKA
IOB
NHPC
BANKBARODA