Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDreamer

Hi Zerodha/Sachin,

When is the 60 day trading challenge coming to an end?

Is there any process in back-office to see the overall profit/loss during the same period (including MTM)?

Is there any process in back-office to see the brokerage generated during the same period?

Say, I have bought (delivery) 1000 SBI @ 2150 and sold @ 2250 in the said period (apart from FNO & Intraday trades). As profitability from delivery trades won't be considered for this challenge, I understand that the brokerage generated won't be paid back as a condition of the challenge. But, what will be the Trading Capital (considered) at the end of the above-mentioned trade? Will it be 215,0000 or 225,0000?

We call it Free-Will, every person has a choice...I understand it is not a taunt, but words like dump are usually used for taunts..

A Typical Indian client is pretty demanding,

1. Most advanced trading platform..
2. It has to be advanced, but has to consume less resources and work on 256kbps data card connection..
3. Has to have the best charting features, but has to work on a pirated version of operating systemOO.
4. If a big popular corporate doesn't answer a query for 15 days it is alright, but a mid size firm has to work even on Sundays and holidays..
5. Reliance broking business probably committed the biggest broking crimes possible, you could ask an ex client( I am one too ;) ) ... But because it is reliance, we want to give them a second chance...
6. What else am I missing?? hmm... oh yeah, the charges still has to be the lowest possible in the country..

If you get a broker who suffices all of the above, you definitely should dump whichever the broker you are trading with and move over to the one....
Oh! have almost forgotten that I have posted a comment here in the morning. Thanks to the email for reminding it. We kind of agree there. It's a free world. One is free to do what he or she wishes to do. So no problem if you have chosen to interpret my discontentment despite my PS according to your usually-reserved-word thesaurus :)

But having said that I would admit honestly that I deliberately used the word "dump" for a "telling effect". Could have used the word ditch or a better word there but did not for the reason mentioned. I had anticipated that it may not go down well with some friends, hence I wrote the PS.

A few counterpoints in the end.

1) What is wrong in being demanding? Do not you think we India traders who have been using baba aadam ke zamane ka trading platform and technology deserve better? And you demand only from those you have high hopes, who appear promising etc.;) You do not expect anything from hopeless. Do ya?

2) The demand for such platform to work smoothly on 256 kpbs Internet is not justified. Those who are demanding that, when even the BSNL is giving minimum 1 MBPS speed, are fools. But to stereotype the "typical demanding Indian client" in that fashion is not proper either. I reckon such perception gets formed when one strenuously deals with novice traders mostly, but still stereotyping should be avoided. I can only talk about myself. I use Idea 3G data card which gives me 5 MBPS speed. Still for reasons god alone knows my NOW platform with NEST plus or perhaps pulse feature takes a good amount of time to show the trading window and ticker. If that is not enough then its rapaciousness for the memory does the rest. Ho gayi trading! :)

Speaking of platform, why do you think it is not possible to have an advanced trading platform with less memory footprints? I have read in some forum and perhaps in this forum also about such platforms.

3) Every software works on a pirated OS, boss. Bet more than 90% of your clients are using it. I use a laptop by the way in Windows 7 Ultimate came pre-installed. Recently, I created another partition in it to install and test the next OS of MS: Windows 8.

4) For that reasons I dumped Reliance eons ago. Their service sucks. I move to you dumping (but not completely) my big reputed city broker Kalpataru and Kotak because of service reason and you appear promising to me though you did not have everything I wanted. And I believe any trader worth his salt will dump any broker who does not care to reply for 15 DAYS. Reliance or no reliance does not matter.

The fact that Reliance is not doing good proves that people do not differentiate between BIG corporate and small broker as such. The demand, requirement and expectation of every trader are not very different after all.

5.) I am aware of Reliance’s crime. That is why I said in my first post that I hope they will learn from their past mistakes like iniquity, service et al. This time they will have DE Shaw as partner that's the reason traders have new hopes and obviously some not so old brokers whose only USP is low brokerage would be worried given the Reliance penchant for economies of scale and low pricing.

Regarding Reliance crime or misconduct ( I btw was never a victim ). Well you see no broker is saint. At some point in time, especially after getting well established, every broker trespasses. So its a you-have-to-live-with-it kind of thing regardless of what relatively new brokers claim about their virtues and impeccable integrity.

6) No, I excluded that. It is optional for me. I said “And if they charge low brokerage (and if not)..”

“If you get a broker who suffices all of the above, you definitely should dump whichever the broker you are trading with and move over to the one....”

I shall dump it, of course.

Last edited:
Hi Zerodha,
how's stamp duty calculated for options?

IF i buy one nifty option of 5200strike at 100rs premium. And later sell it at say 105.
Then how stamp will be calculated

sach007

Impatient Trader
Many people are raising many issues here... like RIL broking biz ... other firm offering low costs..

I really appreciate... the way Zerodha is daring to answer in open forum... this should need daring and confidence in oneself....

They are so transperant.... no other brokers dare to put their transaction charges/brokerages on the website... just check leading brokers site they have many other things which are useless... trader doesn't know how much he is going to pay the broker and taxes.....

I ask everyone who is raising issues... is any broker who are said to be leading brokerages... are they so transperent... dare to answer in open forums...are they so transperent to give you how contract note calculated... I asked one of my broker about how contract note calculated... they never replied it.

I agree that there are some issues which need to be resolved... but they(Zerodha) are really honestly... working and updating us on it.

Hope this should be continuously done.

What they have... it is open in front of you guys... they are not hiding anything...atleast I trust.

Last edited:

Zerodha

can you explain in two line how to go about it suppose i buy reliance for 1 CR now how do i get to sell option on it

Do i need to call up some one every time 500 shares are traded kindly open margin or will some one call me how does it work

If it works i should be working with you guys i am not so am i missing something :confused:

Have been trying to figure out how to give you an online access to doing this.. There seems to be a way out....

We can set you up with an e-kool account and also help you get a digital signature.. Once done you can online, pledge and unpledge your shares...

Can you send me your contact again to [email protected], will call you back to explain how we can go about doing this...

Zerodha

cant understand what this means.pl explain.....
For commodity trading, intraday margin was available till 45 mins before closing of markets.. We have reduced this to 25 mins..

Also copper has been added to the list of Gold, Silver and crude for intraday margin.. So if you place order under MIS for these contracts, you need only 50% of mcx stipulated margins...

Zerodha

so how to install it it shows error while auto installation
First register for NEST plus..

Once registered, when you login to now, also login to NEST Plus..

Click on any script and press shift+P and you will get the chart...

You can also right click, choose plugin commands and click on plus chart...

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha/Sachin,

When is the 60 day trading challenge coming to an end?

Is there any process in back-office to see the overall profit/loss during the same period (including MTM)?

Is there any process in back-office to see the brokerage generated during the same period?

Say, I have bought (delivery) 1000 SBI @ 2150 and sold @ 2250 in the said period (apart from FNO & Intraday trades). As profitability from delivery trades won't be considered for this challenge, I understand that the brokerage generated won't be paid back as a condition of the challenge. But, what will be the Trading Capital (considered) at the end of the above-mentioned trade? Will it be 215,0000 or 225,0000?
Hi Dreamer,

We will be adding a 60 day challenge menu in the next few days, which will show you which day of the challenge you are in and your exact profitability as on that day after all charges...

We are also planning to include delivery trades for the challenge... We will put up the new menu in the next 10 days...

msa5678

Dear Zerodha,

I have one doubt regarding Stop Loss Order. It is very basic doubt, But a clarification from your side will be helpful.

Let's take Current Value of NF 5220 , If I place a SL SELL order with "trigger price" @ 5215 and "Price" @ 5214, what are the chances of the order not getting executed , since the difference between trigger and price is only 1 point. Consider a scenario where the movement is very fast, Will the order get executed irrespective of the Movement and difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.