Status
Not open for further replies.
We are already in the process of applying for dp and April is when we are looking at giving you an online module like an icicidirect etc who provide a complaint way of pledging your shares...

Till then, way out is by manually pledging the shares...
So can we expect to open DP account with u in March ? where is it on your priority ladder ?
Regards

Zerodha

I know you must have gotten tired answering it over and over again but I'll bring it up one last time. Now that you know where things stand as far as commodities trading is concerned, could you come up with a date by which we can look forward to trading on MCX through Zerodha?
No date yet!! You must be as tired asking as I am telling... ;).. Just waiting for MCX to give approval for Internet Based trading...

msa5678

No date yet!! You must be as tired asking as I am telling... ;).. Just waiting for MCX to give approval for Internet Based trading...
I have been reading about this COMMODITIES starting since a long time. The major question coming to my mind is, If it is so difficult to get COMMODITIES licence? Then how come RK and ShareKhan got it ? Or is it that some vested interests are trying to maintain MONOPOLY in this Sector ?

Zerodha

I have been reading about this COMMODITIES starting since a long time. The major question coming to my mind is, If it is so difficult to get COMMODITIES licence? Then how come RK and ShareKhan got it ? Or is it that some vested interests are trying to maintain MONOPOLY in this Sector ?
The guys you mentioned have been around for a long while... It is a 6month process atleast, to get membership on any exchange...

The issue that caused delay for us was, we initially tied up with FT for ODIN with colo only for MCX...A client would then need NOW for NSE and ODIN for MCX... But the response we got from our clients was not great for such a setup...

We got to know NOW could cost from April and also there has always been this issue of not being able to customize NOW according to our needs, charting etc..... After going through NEST and all its features, we decided to have a single platform for all exchanges, so that funds can be moved inter exchange etc... Also a lot of active traders, wanted API's etc to automate their trades... NEST Pulse actually is pretty crazy for all the tech freaks out there... We will have online training programs on a lot of these features that newbies would want to try...

Back to the story... ;)...

When we decided to shift, FT as your usual big company with big ego suddenly decided to create a roadblock for us to cancel the deal... Finally everything was cleared with them last week and we are in the final leg to go live on MCX...

;)...

msa5678

The guys you mentioned have been around for a long while... It is a 6month process atleast, to get membership on any exchange...

The issue that caused delay for us was, we initially tied up with FT for ODIN with colo only for MCX...A client would then need NOW for NSE and ODIN for MCX... But the response we got from our clients was not great for such a setup...

We got to know NOW could cost from April and also there has always been this issue of not being able to customize NOW according to our needs, charting etc..... After going through NEST and all its features, we decided to have a single platform for all exchanges, so that funds can be moved inter exchange etc... Also a lot of active traders, wanted API's etc to automate their trades... NEST Pulse actually is pretty crazy for all the tech freaks out there... We will have online training programs on a lot of these features that newbies would want to try...

Back to the story... ;)...

When we decided to shift, FT as your usual big company with big ego suddenly decided to create a roadblock for us to cancel the deal... Finally everything was cleared with them last week and we are in the final leg to go live on MCX...

;)...
Thanks for the detailed reply. Now things are clear.

I have not traded commodities till now. Wanted to start COPPER trading , after you start COMMODITIES;).

Would like to know whether I have do activation of COMMODITIES in my existing account . Or it will be activated by Default ?

Status
Not open for further replies.