Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: new cheapest broker is here. Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

I wish to open a joint demat account with my wife as second holder. In this regard i have few queries.

1. I have shares on my name with sharekhan DP. can i transfer those shares to the joint demat account. Is it possible? Is it possible to transfer shares which are in my single name to a demat account which is in joint names.
2. I want to open 2 trading accounts one for me and one for my wife but only one demat account( Joint) and want to link the joint demat account to both trading accounts. Is it possible and what are the total charges for the same?
3. this is regarding applying for IPOs. If i open joint demat account can both of us apply for an IPO( i.e can both of us apply seperatley for an IPO even if it is a joint account?)

Kindly reply these queries.

Regards,

Ramkhy

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

I wish to open a joint demat account with my wife as second holder. In this regard i have few queries.

1. I have shares on my name with sharekhan DP. can i transfer those shares to the joint demat account. Is it possible? Is it possible to transfer shares which are in my single name to a demat account which is in joint names.
2. I want to open 2 trading accounts one for me and one for my wife but only one demat account( Joint) and want to link the joint demat account to both trading accounts. Is it possible and what are the total charges for the same?
3. this is regarding applying for IPOs. If i open joint demat account can both of us apply for an IPO( i.e can both of us apply seperatley for an IPO even if it is a joint account?)

Kindly reply these queries.

Regards,

Ramkhy
Answer for your queries:

1. Yes it is possible to transfer from single to joint account. You can transfer shares from one dp account to any other.
2. No it will not be possible. The first holder of trading account will have to be the first holder of the demat account. With joint demat account, trading account of only the first holder of demat account can be opened. The charge for opening demat and trading account is Rs 600 and annual maintenance of Rs 400/yr to be paid end of the year..
If you don't intend to delivery based trading, you can open only a trading account with us, provided you have a demat account with someone else already.
3. With one demat account, you can apply for an IPO only once...

Hope this clarifies..

Cheers...

Sachin....

Hi Sachin form Zerodha,

I have received the account opening kit, however upon going through the pricing plan, I found that the brokerage charged mentions Rs. 20 per trade and not per order. As per my understanding, there can be one order number, however it may get executed via multiple trades. Although this question has been addressed earlier in this forum, however I did not understand why the document did not specify the pricing plan as Rs.20 per order instead of the current Rs. 20 per trade. This creates ambiguity and results in suspicion.

Please clarify this once again and let the forum members know if you can send a letter stating the same to your members who have joined already. This will definitely help the new members who are planning to join as this action would ensure transparency in your dealings.

Thanks.

nac

Hi Sachin form Zerodha,

I have received the account opening kit, however upon going through the pricing plan, I found that the brokerage charged mentions Rs. 20 per trade and not per order. As per my understanding, there can be one order number, however it may get executed via multiple trades. Although this question has been addressed earlier in this forum, however I did not understand why the document did not specify the pricing plan as Rs.20 per order instead of the current Rs. 20 per trade. This creates ambiguity and results in suspicion.

Please clarify this once again and let the forum members know if you can send a letter stating the same to your members who have joined already. This will definitely help the new members who are planning to join as this action would ensure transparency in your dealings.

Thanks.
They may have mentioned what the term "trade" means in the application form... Since it has already discussed here in this very same thread. And both the zerodha personnel and the members have confirmed this...So why you take it as ambiguity... Cool man...

Zerodha

Hi Sachin form Zerodha,

Thanks.
The reason we mention trade on the form is because having per order was creating more ambiguity. People started asking what if we cancel the order and etc.. hence we have mentioned trade on the pricing plan.. A lot of forum members are already trading with us and they will vouch for the fact that we are charging only on executed order numbers...20rs/trade was an easier way to explain to a lot of clients what we are offering...

pundit

Hi Sachin form Zerodha,

Thanks.

If you have placed order for 10 lots of nifty at once and it executes even on different prices it will be considered as one trade only.

Sachin from Zerodha plz correct me if I am wrong.

In document, should be written, Brokerage charge Rs 20 per executed order (Fully, partially, or modified), instead of per order, so there may be no confusion.

I open attached pdf contract Note (NIFTY OPTIONS)in very old comments, I check and found that extra taxes as below.
Transaction Charges charged (Rs 1694) is 0.08 % instead of 0.05 %(Rs 1058)
Sebi charges (Rs 3.54) instead Rs 00 as there is no sebi charges on options.
STT is correct, service tax excluding cess is correct, cess charged as not included in ST is correct.

Please, Mr. Sachin, Explain why Transaction charges very high. Thanks

linkon7

Dear Sachin,

Is it possible to trade multiple accounts of zerodha from the same pc...

Status
Not open for further replies.