Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusi

If there is disconnection even for a few seconds (say 5-10 seconds) your surfing will not be affected but trading terminal will stop.
I am using NOW and ODIN side by side, and found that whenever ODIN stops NOW also stops working. (I have a peculiar problem I daily have a internet disconnection in between 2.55 - 3.05 and I have to reconnect ODIN but NOW reconnects by itself). So this is the fault of internet connection and not of ZT or Zerodhas.
For better performance use data card, but remember data cards too have disconnection/failures, but to a lesser extent.
My experience is contrary to yours. Generally, I have Odin running through the day, and ZT most of the time. Over the last month at the least, ZT will disconnect but not Odin.

This perhaps needs to be broken down further. A disconnect typically implies that the IP has changed, and is different from a connection that has stalled for a few seconds and then starts functioning again. In case of a disconnect, Odin market watch will close (terrible behavior) and you can relogin again without closing the program. In ZT's case, the INT light will go red and there is no option but to close the program (via the program crash mode), and restart it.

There are two streams that are functional -- the broadcast/multicast mode that gets the quotes, and the unicast mode that caters to orders/trades. In the case of a connection stalling, I find that ZT's INT light (presumably the unicast mode) will sometimes go red. Here, it seems that Odin has better handling and larger number of retries, or rather more TCP-like behavior, as this rarely occurs. The 'Reconcile' action of ZT, unheard of to users of Odin, is possibly evidence of this.

The image illustrates a NOW unicast dropped connection. Odin was started before Now. After the internet occurrence, both recovered their broadcasts. But you could not operate NOW except watch quote updates in the market watch.

Both terminals have similar response behavior to broadcasts and, in case of the net stalling, have a refresh broadcast mode. One thing I wish ZT had is a mode to manually stop broadcasts. Data card and bandwidth conscious users would like such a feature that Odin has, specially when taking a tea break.

While ZT has its winning features, in the area of net handling it does not come near Odin. All said and done, this is an opinion; YMMV. Perhaps one of these days, I will fire-up WireShark and look more closely.

Last edited:
If you want both the NEST to be in the system, follow the steps in this blog:
http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/view/zt-installation-if-already-using-nest
It did not work for me.Any way i got disabled my ID for Nest trader from another broker(AdityaBirlaMoney) and completely uninstalled their platform and then installed Zerodha Trader, but when i run zerodha trader it shows another broker name on top and in broker details in nest diagnostics in help menu(screen shot below)

I mailed the problem to zerodha customer care and Mr. Lawrence from zerodha team helped me through team viewer, he turned off windows firwall and run zerodha trader on my computer. Now i only able to run zerodha trader as an administrator, but when i try to run zerodhatrader normally as a user the above same problem happens. And when i run it as administrator the "Link to Excel" feature does not work so how can i run ztrader without administrative privilege?

Hi Zerodha,

With the introduction of SPICE(Submission of Power of attorney based Instructions for Clients Electronically) by NSDL, can i sell shares from any NSDL demat account with Speed-e facility through Zerodha.

Thanks.

a1b1trader

Laxmi puja on sunday.........than Why listed here:confused:
Though Laxmi Puja Day (Diwali) used to be a holiday for normal session (this year falls on sunday, a holiday) but normally NSE conducts special muhurat trading session on Diwali. I think thats why this day is included in the list with an *.

megapixel

Is it possible to get Previous Day High , Previous Day Low in Market Watch for any scrip ?

I checked Reposition Columns in ZT ...but did not find any such columns to add ..

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Zerodha

I don't like ZT Mobile....its very slow and not good user experience. ....its affecting my trading.

main issue ..when you open ..it starts updating for a while ...then you login ..then you get another "processing ..please wait"...after some time you get home screen.

if you do any menu navigation you again get "processing ..please wait" message.

user experience is very bad ...and I'm annoyed ...not happy with this product.

I guess its not exactly a mobile app rather a ported web app in a mobile platform ..and hence its behaving like an web app.

look at NSE Mobile ....its superb ...fast and easy loading ..... Is there any way I may use NOW Mobile now ?

alternatively do you have other Nest Mobile products to try ? e.g : NEST Mobile Xpress
hope ZT Mobile will improve, plenty of scope to improve....:(....NSE mobile is too good and fast.....ZT Mobile is slow, sluggish and when you enter buy/sell the quote stops updating , for a fast moving scrip this is not good.....I m not confident to trade with this application.....at least make it like NSE mobile if not better.....

In the electronic contract note (ECN) sent by Zerodha, the digital signature seems invalid. I have used Acrobat reader to view the ECN. Have attached the snapshots for the same.

Is anyone else getting is invalidation?

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.